The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts So Far on Steve Pinizotto?

Angry Goose

Well I certainly enjoyed his first shift, it was what i expected.The question is where's it gone. He's now into the AV mould ( if he doesn't play that way he sits or worse gets sent back down) Seems to me AV has an aversion of taking the tough play to the opposition, he's more passive.

Considering everything that he's gone through and how much hockey he's played in the last couple of years, I'd say he has impressed me quite a bit. Remember that he isn't even into form yet. By the end of the season he will be even better and I think will be contributing a lot for us, then people will really be impressed. Here's hoping!

Well I certainly enjoyed his first shift, it was what i expected.The question is where's it gone. He's now into the AV mould ( if he doesn't play that way he sits or worse gets sent back down) Seems to me AV has an aversion of taking the tough play to the opposition, he's more passive.

Sorry but when you are singing the praises of a player who doesn't join the team on the current road trip and they call up a nobody named Andrew, me thinks his fate is not looking so good. I haven't heard that he's injured so possibly AV doesn't get the warm fuzzy all you seem to have.

Pinizzotto has done everything I expected of him so far.

@Vancanucks just tweeted that AV: "Higgins left morning skate early with a sore back. I don't expect him to play." and "Pinizzotto woke up yesterday not feeling well. We left him at home where he'll work out as he gets better."

Liked Volpatti better primarily due to physicality (Patti really knows how to hit hard), but Pinner has played pretty physical while handling the puck better and providing better defensive zone coverage. Overall, I'm calling it a wash.

Pinizzotto

No one wants to spell this guys name including me. Not one post contained his name spelled out on the second page of the posts. Teachers must have hated it.

I'm impressed from a stand point that he doesn't try and do too much resulting in putting himself out of position. He's done what been asked of him and been rewarded with more ice time. In fact the 4rth line has been the least of Vancouver's troubles. I would venture to say MG has some what addressed the 4rth line issue the best he can under the injury rash the Canucks are experiencing.

Pinizzotto is part of the solution moving forward. He's got my vote.

Archived