The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proud of our Players + (Petition To Deduct Mark Recchi From BC Hall of Fame)

cbones13

I just want to kudos this team for being men; for realizing this is a relentlessly rough, chippy and chirpy and for not ever bitching to the media about players from other teams. Because every team does it: dives, cheap shots etc.

Every so often I hear people whining about some of the different personalities on our team and how they play. Players and coaches from other teams included. People like Mark Recchi (A guy who's been inducted in BC Hall of fame, for shame?) Marchand, that meat head Shawn Thornton and Claude Julien to name a few. The hypocrites who go and bitch to the media always end up looking like the fools. There are others from other teams too, it's not exclusively Bruins. (it's just my hatred for them is being refueled right now because of some youtube videos I've come across.)

On the other hand I'm just proud that our guys aren't a bunch of babies and they keep their problems on the ice. I've never heard them complain to the media. We're much more professional and respectable for this and I hope we always keep this up! Other teams' players remind me of my teams I played for in pee wee, my team mates used to cry about the chippiness of other teams. I was embarrassed by it. By bantam I think the boys grew up. Apparently there are some NHLers who still haven't grown up and still don't understand the kind of sport this is and especially what it becomes come playoff time when it's totally and understandably necessary to do almost anything to win... because there's a bigger picture here, especially in Vancouver.

I'm so sick of the hate we get. I go on youtube to watch some videos from 2010-2011 and find myself reading comments from asshole fans about our team. I can't believe how cruel people can be. I never in my life would ever have dreamed of bashing a defeated team. I compare the feeling of losing to the feeling of death and loss and 2011 was among the hardest if not the hardest pill I've had to swallow. It hits hard and it still stings and for people to rub that in your face is about as low as you can get. Anyways like I said, BC Hall of Fame inductee; Mark Recchi, of all people, was a prime example of what I'm talking about: http://nesn.com/2011...layed-against/. I know that is old news that article but it's recently been brought to my attention that he's in the BC hall of fame and if that's not call for the prick to be deducted from our hall of fame, I don't know what is?

Recchi seems to have grown into more of a jerk as he aged...but I would probably require more than propaganda against the local sports team to have him ousted from the Hall of Fame.

I would save kicking people out of Halls of Fame for scumbags like:

OJ Simpson

Cap Anson

etc.

Now, as for beheading and then burning a stuffed life-sized Mark Recchi doll (in Bruins uniform) before the start of every Canucks game? Count me in.

Mark Recchi was a terrific hockey player and has done several great things for his community on top of that has taken time out of his personal life to do some pretty nice things in his retirement.

Stop pissing and moaning.

Mark Recchi may be a douche but that doesn't mean he didn't accomplish more than the vast majority of NHLers in his career. He deserves to be in the BC Hall of Fame and don't be surprised if he makes the HHOF as well. For god's sakes he has 3 cup rings and sits 12th all time in scoring. If that doesn't deserve a spot in the Hall I don't know what does.

what he said was a classless act of arrogance and poor sportsmanship. HIs team beats the home team of the province, which is fine, but he has to rub it in. There are sore losers, and there are sore winners, like him. Rubs it into our face, pretty much the words that came out of his mouth in his last year, by accusing players of faking injuries and having the guts to say the Canucks are the most arrogant team hes played against is flat out classless and baseless. HIs name needs to be removed from the bc hockey hall of fame for poor sportsmanship.

what he said was a classless act of arrogance and poor sportsmanship. HIs team beats the home team of the province, which is fine, but he has to rub it in. There are sore losers, and there are sore winners, like him. Rubs it into our face, pretty much the words that came out of his mouth in his last year, by accusing players of faking injuries and having the guts to say the Canucks are the most arrogant team hes played against is flat out classless and baseless. HIs name needs to be removed from the bc hockey hall of fame for poor sportsmanship.

I just want to kudos this team for being men; for realizing this is a relentlessly rough, chippy and chirpy and for not ever bitching to the media about players from other teams. Because every team does it: dives, cheap shots etc.

Every so often I hear people whining about some of the different personalities on our team and how they play. Players and coaches from other teams included. People like Mark Recchi (A guy who's been inducted in BC Hall of fame, for shame?) Marchand, that fkn meat head Shawn Thornton and Claude Julien to name a few. The hypocrites who go and bitch to the media always end up looking like the fools. There are others from other teams too, it's not exclusively Bruins. (it's just my hatred for them is being refueled right now because of some youtube videos I've come across.)

On the other hand I'm just proud that our guys aren't a bunch of babies and they keep their problems on the ice. I've never heard them complain to the media. We're much more professional and respectable for this and I hope we always keep this up! Other teams' players remind me of my teams I played for in pee wee, my team mates used to cry about the chippiness of other teams. I was embarrassed by it. By bantam I think the boys grew up. Apparently there are some NHLers who still haven't grown up and still don't understand the kind of sport this is and especially what it becomes come playoff time when it's totally and understandably necessary to do almost anything to win... because there's a bigger picture here, especially in Vancouver.

I'm so sick of the hate we get. I go on youtube to watch some videos from 2010-2011 and find myself reading comments from asshole fans about our team. I can't believe how cruel people can be. I never in my life would ever have dreamed of bashing a defeated team. I compare the feeling of losing to the feeling of death and loss and 2011 was among the hardest if not the hardest pill I've had to swallow. It hits hard and it still stings and for people to rub that in your face is about as low as you can get. Anyways like I said, BC Hall of Fame inductee; Mark Recchi, of all people, was a prime example of what I'm talking about: http://nesn.com/2011...layed-against/. I know that is old news that article but it's recently been brought to my attention that he's in the BC hall of fame and if that's not call for the prick to be deducted from our hall of fame, I don't know what is?

You can't just kick people out of the hall of fame because they made a few comments you didn't like. He has great on ice accomplishments and deserves his spot. It's not the "Canucks Hall Of Fame". Maybe we shouldn't be so butthurt.

................... Anyways like I said, BC Hall of Fame inductee; Mark Recchi, of all people, was a prime example of what I'm talking about: http://nesn.com/2011...layed-against/. I know that is old news that article but it's recently been brought to my attention that he's in the BC hall of fame and if that's not call for the prick to be deducted from our hall of fame, I don't know what is?

He won't be deducted. You should have mentioned something before he was inducted if you really didn't want him in. Unless you just discovered this, then, that's just too bad.

And it doesn't matter if we whine, we're labeled as whiners forever now. Crosby's the best player in the league, yet he's still labeled a whiner by the haters, even though he hasn't whined about anything in a long time.

Archived