The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[VID] NHL Wheel of Justice

M A K A V E L I 96

Just goes to show how power corrupts and the people "behind the scenes" who are Shanny's puppet masters still make the decisions...he's simply the spokesman.

And it's not just Canucks homers like me who are frustrated:

Toronto Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul was suspended 2 games Thursday for a hit on Tampa Bay Lightning Victor Hedman Wednesday night. Lupul took to the twitterverse Friday with a tweet that clearly says he doesn't agree, or understand, his penalty.

"If someone can explain the decisions on what warrants a suspension and what doesn't," the Leafs winger's tweet read. "Please let me and the rest of guys know." The tweet went up late in the afternoon and after some two hours had been retweeted 2,575 times and was growing by around a dozen a minute.

Rick Nash: no suspension

In an open-ice hit, Lupul hit Hedman with his shoulder in the head, though he said after the game that "but by no means did I go after him and try and hit him in the head," It's unclear if Lupul was commenting only on his suspension from NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan or if he was further confused by the lack of a suspension to Rick Nash of the New York Rangers.

Nash was not suspended despite hitting Florida Panther Tomas Kopecky from behind near the Leafs' face-off circle on Thursday. The former Columbus Blue Jacket left his feet to hit Kopecky and his shoulder hit the Panther's winger in the back of his head. Kopecky, like Hedman, was on the ice for a short period, left the game briefly and returned to play.

A difference between the two hits is arguably that Lupul appears to aim for a shoulder to shoulder hit and winds up catching a piece of Hedman's head, while Nash appears to be aiming for the head, he left his feet and tried to angle around to hit the head, but mostly missed and got Kopecky more on the shoulder.

Lupul missed the Leaf's 5-4 shoot-out loss to the Buffalo Sabres Thursday night and will miss a match-up against the Boston Bruins in Toronto on Saturday. Injured in the third game of the season, Lupul had just returned to the line-up, scoring two goals in his first game back and in his second, the game against Tampa Bay, a 4-2 win, he had a goal and an assist and was plus3.

Read more: http://www.digitaljo...5#ixzz2ONP2QSxB

I hope one day players come froward and do something about inconsistency in nhl decision. This is a big issue.. especially in the playoffs where every game matters.. players should show there frustration in the press conference.. so that higher ups can see how much players are frustrated..

Lol you can clearly see eddy try to get skinny and squeeze between the boards. The suspension was similar and consistent with andrew shaw on smith in the playoffs last year which is fine. It is not consistent however with the lucic miller incident. Lucic did not attempt to avoid collision. All players at the tine had clean records.

Now we can visit head shots. Hansen vs weber. Hansen clearly trying to reach for a puck made a dangerous play and struck hossa in the head with an OPEN hand while trying to reach for a puck above hossas head. This play was dangerous but clearly an accident. 1game. Weber after the game smashes zetterbergs head into the glass, regrips his head with both hands as he speaks to Zetterberg then again smashes his face into the glass after the game. 0games.

Awesome!!!

Sorry Shanahan, but you have completely destroyed the great name you once had in my books. Even the sound of your voice makes me angry on the inside. Oh how I would pay money to see a reporter actually ask him the tough questions and get a face to face explanation of why Nash and Lucic didn't get suspended but Lupul and Edler did...Especially considering Lucic had a previous suspension in his career.....

"Lucic didn't veer out of the way, which is why he got the penalty, but he also didn't veer into Miller"

-Shanahan on why there was no Lucic suspension

Apparently being out in the open ice gives you 0 room to avoid a collision, but when in the tight space behind the net you are expected to spiderman over top of the goalie. So infuriating.

Archived