Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Speculation] Martin St. Louis on the block?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Currently on HockeyCentral Trade Tracker, Jason York and John Shannon are talking about it. They don't expect him to be moved, but say there's talk about him being part of a trade

#2 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Luongo for St. Louis and a pick maybe?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#3 Apples

Apples

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,922 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

I wonder how Stamkos will do without St. Louis.

Sedin Sedin St.Louis would be sick :frantic:

apple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

#4 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,759 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Highly doubt it.
Posted Image

#5 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

St. Louis - Kesler would be the way to go IMO. Hank and Danny are more deliberate whereas Kes would benefit from having Marty on his wing, since both of them play the game with speed. Marty also knows how to set up shooters but can also finish plays himself, and he's also scored at more than 1 p.p.g. in the playoffs which could really help this team.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#6 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

St. Louis - Kesler would be the way to go IMO. Hank and Danny are more deliberate whereas Kes would benefit from having Marty on his wing, since both of them play the game with speed. Marty also knows how to set up shooters but can also finish plays himself, and he's also scored at more than 1 p.p.g. in the playoffs which could really help this team.

You've got a good point, but we would HAVE to at least take 5-6 games with him playing along side the sedins. For all we know they could explode into Crosby numbers.

#7 Mrock-763

Mrock-763

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

A player that could definitely help mentor Schroeder and be the perfect passing winger for Kesler

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler St. Louis
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Pinizzotto/Sestito Lapierre/Ebbett Kassian/Weise

Edited by Mrock-763, 23 March 2013 - 04:28 PM.

Posted Image
Props to Olias for providing me with this sick sig!

#8 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

That's the type of player we need.
His contract length fits right in our cup run window.
Get'r done
Posted Image

#9 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

That's the type of player we need.
His contract length fits right in our cup run window.
Get'r done

Not to mention Tampa now needs a goalie with Lindback on the shelf. Will definetly be interesting over the next week and a half

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#10 Bieksasangryface

Bieksasangryface

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

St.Louis should be right behind Stamkos and Hedman on the untouchable list. He is the heart of that team.

#11 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Luongo for St.Louis

:bigblush:
Posted Image

#12 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

I agree, St Louis is exactly the kind of linemate Kes needs.

Sedin Sedin Kassian - Kass played his best hockey with the twins, and they are getting the snot hammered out of them
Burrows Kes St Louis - if this isn't a 1A line, I don't know what is
Raymond Schroeder Hansen - no comment necessary
Higgins Lappy Weise - gritty, fast, responsible with some offense.

small lineup, but speed to burn and the small players aren't soft.

#13 Z. Kassian

Z. Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

I would die if we could make a trade for St. Louis. Perfect 2nd line winger for Kesler. Perfect mentor for Schroeder. Just a absolute beast at 37 and still over ppg.

He could put us over the top for the playoffs.

Luongo + 1st for St. Louis EDIT: probably not enough to get it done but starting point

Edited by Z. Kassian, 23 March 2013 - 05:01 PM.

Posted Image

#14 cripplereh

cripplereh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

I would die if we could make a trade for St. Louis. Perfect 2nd line winger for Kesler. Perfect mentor for Schroeder. Just a absolute beast at 37 and still over ppg.

He could put us over the top for the playoffs.

Luongo + 1st for St. Louis EDIT: probably not enough to get it done but starting point

That would never happen as Luo is worth close to the same as St Louis, Trade them straight across or we throw in a couple players like a Raymond and Sauve and get a second round pick.people think luo isn't worth that much in thier proposales but thats why the trade never happen like suggested.
Posted Image

#15 Z. Kassian

Z. Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

That would never happen as Luo is worth close to the same as St Louis, Trade them straight across or we throw in a couple players like a Raymond and Sauve and get a second round pick.people think luo isn't worth that much in thier proposales but thats why the trade never happen like suggested.

Luongo isn't worth as much as St. Louis. Unless you know of 1st line RW with 39 points in 31 games that are just being given away?
St. Louis has a desirable contract with 2 years left at a cap hit of 5.5mil while Luongo doesn't with 9 more years at 5.3mil

Edited by Z. Kassian, 23 March 2013 - 05:18 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

st louis was key in lecavliers big years, and hes doing the same with stamkos. Add his ntc and the fact he resigned their to basically finish his career, Tampa would be crazy to trade him

#17 Youth_Movement

Youth_Movement

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

there really reaching for stories right now.... no way he gets traded
CUP OR BUST!!!!!!

#18 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

I doubt it. Why would stevie Y trade him?
Posted Image

#19 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

He's got a couple years left, at most and TB isn't looking like a contender any time soon. Maybe they want to send him to a team ion the mix? Stevie gambled on Lindback and it's looking like he's not quite there, if he ever will be.

Luongo for 5 years at $5.3 or MS for 1-2 years at $5.5? Who gives them the best chance at winning?

I don't disagree though, there's not much chance of this having any teeth at all.

#20 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Why in God's name do people want a $7 million dollar player to make Kesler effective on the 2knd line?

League MVP's and top line players are brought in to get top offensive billing, not tag opposing teams which is Kesler's primary role!

#21 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Why in God's name do people want a $7 million dollar player to make Kesler effective on the 2knd line?

League MVP's and top line players are brought in to get top offensive billing, not tag opposing teams which is Kesler's primary role!

who cares if someone has to be brought in to make Mesler better.......the fact is, it's true. Kesler needs a player better than he is to boost his play, otherwise he tries to do it all himself, and he's not that skilled.

#22 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

The only old player i want the Canucks to target is Jagr... St.Louis would've been great 2 years ago, but I really dont want an undersized fading former superstar to be the 'answer' for our scoring woes.

The Western conf is different from the open style game they play in the East, he will struggle here imo.

#23 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

The only old player i want the Canucks to target is Jagr... St.Louis would've been great 2 years ago, but I really dont want an undersized fading former superstar to be the 'answer' for our scoring woes.

The Western conf is different from the open style game they play in the East, he will struggle here imo.

He's got 39 points in 31 games. I wish some of our older players would fade like that.

You can make the argument that he's playing with Stamkos, but you could also argue that Stamkos gets to play with a guy who gives him golden passes on a regular basis. Add to that Kesler and Stamkos have a similar style, especially in the offensive zone where both guys like that one timer from the left side.

#24 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,984 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

I would think Marty wants to remain in Tampa. It's the organization that gave him a home, and he's given a lot back to the franchise and community. I doubt Stevie Y would disrespect that.

BTW, Stamkos plays on a line with Conacher and Purcell. Marty plays with Tom Pyatt and Alex Killorn. St. Louis only plays with Stammer on the PP. So even if you were to take away all his PP points (which isn't fair, he'd be 1st unit PP on every team in the league but regardless) he'd still be just 2 points behind Henrik's team-leading 28 points. And that's playing on a line with Tom Pyatt and Alex Killorn.

Also he's a very well-rounded player who can kill penalties, and wouldn't look out of place on Kesler's line if they had to shutdown another line. Boy, sure does sound nice eh? Doubt he's leaving Tampa Bay though.

Edited by Witchcraft and Sedinery, 23 March 2013 - 06:33 PM.

Posted Image

#25 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

He's got 39 points in 31 games. I wish some of our older players would fade like that.

You can make the argument that he's playing with Stamkos, but you could also argue that Stamkos gets to play with a guy who gives him golden passes on a regular basis. Add to that Kesler and Stamkos have a similar style, especially in the offensive zone where both guys like that one timer from the left side.

If the Sedins played in the East they would put up more points than they have right now.

Bouwmeester used to be an offensive Dman before he got to the West, Booth cant score, Derek Roy has 3 goals since playing the West.

And yes, playing with Stamkos plays a big part in his 32 assists. Kesler works hard for his goals, Stamkos is a gifted pure scorer, theres a difference.

#26 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Uhm; cuz Tampa is 3 points out of the league basement, 28th out of 30 teams in the standings and losing money?

http://canucks.nhl.c...122013&type=CON

Young prospects, picks and $7 plus million off the books is a lot of resources to start rebuilding and St Louis has significant value.

#27 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

Luongo for St.Louis

:bigblush:

TBL
Schneider
Kesler
Ballard

VAN
St-Louis
Lecavalier

#28 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

A big, fast 2knd line centre that scores 50 to 75 points, and shuts down teams key lines is most teams dream.

Too much fluff in thoughts that we only win if we make him more by trading for an all star to play with him. Kesler, aside from getting injured, does what we need of him. If our goal is secondary scoring who can shift from 2knd & 3rd lines; we look at Goc or Johanson or Mueller...

The point was; if get a player of the status of St Louis, Iginla, etc., they would be here to light it up with our premium offensive players > not our defensive ones...

who cares if someone has to be brought in to make Mesler better.......the fact is, it's true. Kesler needs a player better than he is to boost his play, otherwise he tries to do it all himself, and he's not that skilled.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 23 March 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#29 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

TBL
Schneider
Kesler
Ballard

VAN
St-Louis
Lecavalier

Please stop making proposals before you ridicule yourself even more

#30 Z. Kassian

Z. Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Uhm; cuz Tampa is 3 points out of the league basement, 28th out of 30 teams in the standings and losing money?

http://canucks.nhl.c...122013&type=CON

Young prospects, picks and $7 plus million off the books is a lot of resources to start rebuilding and St Louis has significant value.

Where is everyone getting this $7 million?? Do your homework before posting numbers. A VERRRYYY respectable $5.625mil caphit

http://stats.nhlnumb...s/TBL?year=2013
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.