The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks to trade for Raffi Torres

My bad.

I would pick up Torres even if it meant a borderline clean hit knocked out an opposing team's top line forward or top pairing Dman and got suspended for the rest of the playoffs.

Like Rome-ish. But without the BS about that hit 'waking up' the opposing team.

I was praised (and yelled at for being a "typical Nuck fan") when I suggested shooting AT Chara when the Nuck PP in the finals was being brutal.  Not necessarily to 'hurt' him (good side effect though) but to perhaps ding him up a bit and create some room in front of Thomas.  Make him think a little.

I was praised (and yelled at for being a "typical Nuck fan") when I suggested shooting AT Chara when the Nuck PP in the finals was being brutal. Not necessarily to 'hurt' him (good side effect though) but to perhaps ding him up a bit and create some room in front of Thomas. Make him think a little.

I wouldn't pay more than a mid-late round draft pick. But while acquiring him, why not also get defenceman D. Morris from PHX? Right-hand shot, he's on the market cause the 'Yotes are sellers. Maybe Ballard and 4th for Torres and Morris? Addresses our needs then we will still be able to trade for Luo and maybe get another 2nd/3rd liner.

Oh, Raffi. I miss seeing you storming across the ice to flatten someone into the boards with hits that were borderline charging <3

He was a good pest that could add some critical points, and I feel like Lapierre hasn't been as physical lately. We could actually use someone like Torres. I've personally always been for having guys that can fill that role like Burrows and Kesler used to, and Cooke and Ruutu in years past. So long as he draws more penalties than attracts.... :P

Here's our lineup all healthy, potentially to start the playoffs:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Hansen

Higgins - Roy - Booth

Kassian - Lapierre - Torres

Great 1st line.

Speedy 2nd line with a couple of 20-goal scorers and Kesler.

Gritty forechecking 3rd line, Higgins and Booth are great hitters come playoff time and score hard-nosed goals.

Hard hitting 4th line, all forwards can hit and have sweet hands as well.

Each line has an identity and finally we have great depth down the middle and on the wing. Gives us a lot of versatility - any winger can play on any line.

Archived