259 replies to this topic

#151 jatylo

jatylo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

I agree with ya pine, Av knew he was against a young fast oiler team. He should have had the defence play defence instead of 4 forwards. I don't entirely blame Schneider, first goal I personally believe he should of had. Garrison had the middle so Hall couldnt cut, Schneider should of challenged more. Second goal is a pray it hits you with the screen

#152 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,568 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Glad I never watched the game.

307mg00.jpg

#153 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

Like the 2nd goal on Schneider - right? Apples to Apples baby or you can't play.

why not respond to my post instead of denying what I observed you do what Lou lovers do...redirect the focus from Lou to elsewhere, this time Schneider....painful..

#154 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

This team has been playing horrible defensively for a while, but it's been masked by great goaltending.

If Gillis doesn't realize that Edler needs a new D partner, and our offense needs a major boost, then I don't know what to say.

And Don't tell me everything is riding on Kesler coming back...

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#155 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

Lu earned the start for next game imo. He was the only one still competing out there, did not expect him to finish that game with a save % over .900

Why is this ALWAYS the case with our goalies? Why are they the only ones competing? What the hell is up the collective ass of our forwards and defense?

The locker room needs a serious shake-up. The potential is all there; the mantra is the problem.

I'll keep saying it: the problem lies directly within the palms of the coaching staff.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#156 Blueberries

Blueberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

This team needed something to wake them up. I feel this was the waking call. I predict next game the Canucks will play to there full potential.

Side note: Schneider's GAA in this game was 59.02 lolololololololololol.

Edited by LegitCanuck, 30 March 2013 - 11:44 PM.

Posted Image

THANKS TO VINTAGE CANUCK FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!

#157 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

why not respond to my post instead of denying what I observed you do what Lou lovers do...redirect the focus from Lou to elsewhere, this time Schneider....painful..

when someone is as biased as you are toward hating on Lu and never giving him any credit at all, why bother trying to debate or respond to your posts with any logic at all anyway? You're just gonna continue going on hating on the guy based on your own opinion, no matter how right or wrong it may be.

You have however proven that your dislike for him clouds your logic and makes you post things that definitely are a double standard, though I'm sure you'll deny it like usual.

#158 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

As I said in the GDT put the Hansen line on the Hall line...man mark the little bastards!shadow them all the way to their dressing room.

#159 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,406 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

This team needed something to wake them up. I feel this was the waking call. I predict next game the Canucks will play to there full potential.

Side note: Schneider's GAA in this game was 59.02 lolololololololololol.

hmm thought the embarassing blow outs to detroit would have been enough for them to play to their full potential...
even if they do, whats the point it only lasts for 20 minutes. How many wake up calls does this team need?

I asked in the GDT how many 60 minute efforts has this team given this year?
I could only think of the one Vs LA at home.

Its so depressing when you watch other teams an see that consistency every game. You may see them lose here and there but it least it looks like they gave a rats ass out there.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#160 Sick Hands

Sick Hands

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

Itz Ok GuYz, We'll Flip the switch like last year remember!!

A Toast to Aquillini for getting Torterella.

An owner who knows what the people want.

That's entertainment.

#161 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,406 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Itz Ok GuYz, We'll Flip the switch like last year remember!!

lolz
im not drinking that koolaid again
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#162 AngNMGN99

AngNMGN99

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Why is this ALWAYS the case with our goalies? Why are they the only ones competing? What the hell is up the collective ass of our forwards and defense?

The locker room needs a serious shake-up. The potential is all there; the mantra is the problem.

I'll keep saying it: the problem lies directly within the palms of the coaching staff.

Is the potential still there? There has been some decline since 10/11...

#163 CaNuCk_in_NzL

CaNuCk_in_NzL

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

I just freaking love when at this time of night there are 3 pages of comments in the PGT when we win but when we lose 6 pages of whining. Shows what kind of fans this team has to deal with. Next game please.
Posted Image

#164 Kevin 'The Norris' Bieksa

Kevin 'The Norris' Bieksa

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

As I said in the GDT put the Hansen line on the Hall line...man mark the little bastards!shadow them all the way to their dressing room.

as we dont get last change being its an away game, its pretty had to match up lines....but you knew that tho right..
Posted Image

#165 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

Is the potential still there? There has been some decline since 10/11...

A hell of a lot more than what we've been seeing, I'll say that much.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#166 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

I just freaking love when at this time of night there are 3 pages of comments in the PGT when we win but when we lose 6 pages of whining. Shows what kind of fans this team has to deal with. Next game please.

Did you even watch the game tonight? Or any games since the win in Boston last January? Same old story of uninterested and uninspired play, brutal special teams and horrendous coaching decisions.

I was at the game tonight and Rexall was rockin after the Smid goal. Most coaches use a time out to calm the troops and let their goalie get a grasp on things and slow the momentum down a bit. But no , AV feeds the trolls at Rexall and throws Lou into fire pit. Just to see him get roasted 34 seconds in.

After a performance like tonight there should be 20 pages of whining.

It was disgusting and has been for 15 months and counting now.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#167 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,843 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Big deal.Lose to some young guns.They have to have their day.
Imagine Gagner,RNH,Eberle,Hall,Schultz et al on the Canucks?

#168 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

No way should Schneids been pulled after those 2 goals. Wrong decision IMO. Forget about that one guys...on to the next.
Posted Image

#169 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,618 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

No way should Schneids been pulled after those 2 goals. Wrong decision IMO. Forget about that one guys...on to the next.

Every team makes that move you're an idiot if you don't.

1. Attempt to wake the team up
2. Basically a free timeout.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#170 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Pulling Schneider was the right move, but I hope he doesn't ride the pine for a long time as a result.

This team's defense is a complete mess considering how much they are payed.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#171 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

Every team makes that move you're an idiot if you don't.

1. Attempt to wake the team up
2. Basically a free timeout.

I'm an idiot then. Schneids was fine. If two goals in the first two minutes doesn't wake the team, we need more help than a goalie change can offer.
Posted Image

#172 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,618 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'm an idiot then. Schneids was fine. If two goals in the first two minutes doesn't wake the team, we need more help than a goalie change can offer.

Then why do most teams make the same move? It's a free timeout and attempt to turn the momentum unfortunately didn't work tonight. Oh well still in 4th and work on the next game.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#173 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

This. No need to pull schneids in this game.. if lu can get shelled and stays in net why should schneider get pulled? No sense.

#174 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

That's a given.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#175 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

Being realistic, with how weak our prospect pool is, we are going to be going down the same path as the Flames soon...We are going to have a team that is aging and underachieve and going to have to make some tough moves like the Flames did Iginla.. .We are in a similar path as them already, after the cup run few more years of just making the playoffs and slowly go down the hill
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#176 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

Then why do most teams make the same move? It's a free timeout and attempt to turn the momentum unfortunately didn't work tonight. Oh well still in 4th and work on the next game.

Do most teams make the same move? Personally, I had full confidence in Cory to stick it out and keep the game close. At 2-0, the game is still within hand. Putting Lu in to that situation against a team that obviously had something to prove early on...I dunno...I think our number 1 should have, at least, had another shot.
Posted Image

#177 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

People just need to realize a few things of the 6 game streak...Schnieder did play well, but we did play some bad offensive teams and the Avs twice, Canucks have scored a combined 2 goals in their last 3 games against the Oilers, Avs, and Blue Jackets...think about that
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#178 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

Pulling Schneider was the right move, but I hope he doesn't ride the pine for a long time as a result.

This team's defense is a complete mess considering how much they are payed.

I don't think he will ride it for a long time

But I think Luongo starts next game

#179 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

Do most teams make the same move? Personally, I had full confidence in Cory to stick it out and keep the game close. At 2-0, the game is still within hand. Putting Lu in to that situation against a team that obviously had something to prove early on...I dunno...I think our number 1 should have, at least, had another shot.

The point is our goalies are basically equal. If Luongo had have shut the door, people would be praising the decision.

In reality, it appeared to many that Schneider was thrown under the bus... but the real failure here was that this didn't light a fire under the Canucks' ass. The stupid D-men made the same stupid mistakes that led to the first two goals.

Absolutely no accountability.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#180 Butcher

Butcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

That was fun...

A six game win streak that was undeserved needed to come to an end in a colossal way, and it did.

If there was ever any doubt in Mike Gillis's mind, this game should have erased it. It wasn't just about starting slow. It was about being outplayed in every facet of the game. This team needs help. It will not achieve anything with the current personnel on the roster. And even if we get Kesler and Booth back tomorrow, it still won't be enough.

This team needs new energy - it needs players who don't just see hockey as a job. It needs players who live and breathe hockey the way Hall and Eberle and RNH and Crosby and Stamkos and Kadri do. It needs players who haven't already seen it all and done it all. It needs players for whom a hockey game isn't just "another day at the office". It needs players who know what it means to be an NHLer and to care and to play with passion.

Our team has lost its life. The run to the finals beat it out of us. We'll never be back there and we know it. So we've stopped trying. Bring in players who don't remember what that loss was like. Bring in players who are still optimistic about their careers and about the team. Give them a chance to impart their optimism on this downright lazy and pessimistic bunch of geriatrics.

/rant

God, you and the rest of CDC throwing in the towel after one off game is pathetic. Off games happen for every team in a season - yes we got outplayed in every facet of tonights game, and yes he didnt put in much effort tonight - but thats not true lately (except maybe the last game against coloardo, whcih wasnt a great effort ). We deserved the wins of our win streak - games like the recent LA and Columbus games we played were fantastic - solid shut the door defence, spectacular goaltending, and good Zone time offensively, with many chances (although we do need another sniper on the team).
Its funny you mention Kadri and Hall on the nights they get hat tricks. I swear canuck fans have such a short term memory, our effort has been great lately, and AV has got the most out of an injured team lacking centers.
Will we win the cup this year, i would say it is unlikely, we dont have the depth we had in 2011, but if our injured players come back and we get hot at the right time, you never know what can happen ( ie 1982 and 1994 canucks after mediocre seasons, or last years Kings).
This is not me being 'yur a trader, canuck fan 4 life'. I just think you and some others need to look back a couple games before spazzing out that the sky is falling. Or double your anti depressant dose after an off game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.