The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT- Vancouver 0 Vs Edmonton 4

canucktican

The scoring woes are nothing new, they've been a low scoring team all season. Sure you can argue that Raymond and Schroeder stepped up in a secondary roll, but they've been a one line team for the most part. If the opposing team can shut down the Sedins, we're hooped. The defensive lapses killed us tonight, they looked like amateurs out there.

Im not too upset about the loss, this was inevitable the way we've been playing relying on CS to be godlike for the 6 straight wins.

I didnt agree with the pull... the 1st goal was a perfect shot top shelf corner, no goaltender is gonna stop that and the 2nd one was a screen and poor defensive covering.

For a goaltender whose single handedly got us 6 wins, you'd think he'll get the benefit of a doubt and give him a chance to redeem himself... but no, AV crushed his confidence by yanking him early.... Luongo has let in 2 quick goals in the past but was never pulled like that.

AV should have benched the Twins for the whole 3rd to send a message, their effort and predictable play is unacceptable.

What ever happened to hitting? Edler and Bieksa were the only physical players tonight. Alice Hemsky dangling in our blueline unchecked, gap tooth Eberle driving to the net with his head down!?!

They should be ashamed with their effort tonight.

The heat's on Gillis now. I've been a fan of his, basically since he took over. Gotta'wonder now, if the magic's running out ? Hesitant to make the timely deal; re-signing AV; & his follow-up complaints of Hodgson. Wasn't a classy move-seemed rather uncharacteristic, at the time. Simply question whether he's losin' his touch?..

Im not too upset about the loss, this was inevitable the way we've been playing relying on CS to be godlike for the 6 straight wins.

I didnt agree with the pull... the 1st goal was a perfect shot top shelf corner, no goaltender is gonna stop that and the 2nd one was a screen and poor defensive covering.

For a goaltender whose single handedly got us 6 wins, you'd think he'll get the benefit of a doubt and give him a chance to redeem himself... but no, AV crushed his confidence by yanking him early.... Luongo has let in 2 quick goals in the past but was never pulled like that.

AV should have benched the Twins for the whole 3rd to send a message, their effort and predictable play is unacceptable.

What ever happened to hitting? Edler and Bieksa were the only physical players tonight. Alice Hemsky dangling in our blueline unchecked, gap tooth Eberle driving to the net with his head down!?!

They should be ashamed with their effort tonight.

This game just proved that the Canucks season is a product of amazing goaltending. Schneider and Luongo are the best goalies right now, I don't care what any of you say. The defense is just utter utter garbage. And how can you not score on Dubnyk like seriously ffs. I hate being emotional.

I've said it since the beginning of the season, the lack of depth at centre has left this team in a bad situation. Without a 3C and Kesler, the Sedins have been forced to eat all tough mins. They get the opponents top line very night - they've never played this role before. This is new territory for them. They spend most their night trying to shut down the other line instead of putting up points. Ideally, you'd like to see them do both. But realistically, it's new territory for them and not the role you'd like to see them in.

Kesler coming back will help. But Gillis needs to, and I mean NEEDS to, get a 3C who can eat all the tough mins. After 3 years, he FINALLY needs to replace Malhotra. If he does, suddenly AV can deploy the Sedin line and Keslers line against the opponents 3rd and 4th lines. CHA CHING! That will spur the offense in a NewYork minute.

The 4-0 start was terrible, but the worst part is that we FAILED to win the next 40 minutes = NO CHARACTER.

If my team behind 4-0 after first 1st, I would like to at least see my team send some messages how about how pissed off they are for the next 40 mins, even if they can't score. I mean we lost the first period, fine, but just roll over and gave up in the 2nd and 3rd? Fights? Hits? I didn't even see pushing and shoving........CHARACTER? I guess when Sedins are your captain and AV is the coach, the character of the team is NO EMOTION when you are down and out.

The signs are alarming... Gillis must do something for the trade deadline, or he better get canned if the Canucks either miss the playoffs entirely or get knocked out early in the playoffs again.

This was an awful game for every Canucks player out there. Unacceptable effort and compete level.

Sometimes Luongo looks like the only guy capable of showing character every game. Everyone else can get so complacent. Schneider is very conservative seeming and it helps him remain consistent, but I mean.. everyone else folds. Luongo at least looks like he's trying and putting in effort and showing emotion, even if he's getting lit up. Everyone else looks so prone to disappearing.

this was like playing nhl with two similar teams but one with no chemistry on any lines. Passes all off bo awareness. Its a fine line at the high level between even a blowout and a marginal victory. Cascading effect due to loss of momentum cant be thought of linearly its tougher than going out there and making one good play and turnig it around just doesnt happen

Archived