The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

YOUR 2013 PLAYOFF LINEUP

Burlinbert

Difference is, Sedins are older and not as effective , Keslers coming off some big surgeries and other teams have gotten stronger, and special teams much weaker then 2011. Do hope we can win it all though. Praying this team is better!

Our PP and PK were better, and a bunch of our players had careers years. The guys played with passion, and were hungry to win.

We've got some good depth on this team, and look good on paper. But I don't agree this team is better, not the way it's played this season.

I'm just hoping we can get hot at the right time.

Matters not .. this is the team we have .. let us get behind them and exude positive vibes .. we can rip AV and MG apart after the season is over, no matter the outcome .. too late for whinging and whining to have any effect now ..

SEDIN -----------SEDIN------------ BURROWS

HIGGINS------KESLER--------------Hansen

RAYMOND-------ROY---------KASSIAN

JENSEN-------LAPIERRE-----------WEISE

SCHROEDER, SESTITO, PINIZZOTO

GARRISON--------HAMUIS

EDLER-------------BIESKA

BALLARD----------TANEV

ALBERTS

LUONGO

SCHNEIDER

Ehrhoff + Salo > Garrison + Tanev

What Ehrhoff brought to this team has never been replaced. If Garrison pulls his socks up, he can match the on-ice productivity that Salo did, but he never be the glue that holds the D-core together like Salo was (which was evident every time he was injured).

Ballard and Rome is a wash... as much as I like Ballard.

That's the defence...

Goaltending is always a wildcard because before any given game, you can look at either goalie and know they give you an equal chance of winning. Anything beyond that isn't tangible.

Forward group misses Malhotra a LOT. Roy is a very different dynamic. The effect he and Kesler will have is a big question mark. The effort this whole team puts forward is a gigantic question mark.

If all the "if's" magically come together and chemistry is established within the next month, then sure, the line-up is close on paper. But there are a lot of ifs.

Compared to 2011,I think this team is stronger in some areas and deficient in others..Will we be physically dominated?..I dont think thats the issue this year.The team is designed around speed.You can't hit what you cannot catch.LA and STL are two big defensive teams that are designed to grind down opponents.There's more than one way to skin a cat.

My biggest concern is the PP...If that does not get resolved in a hurry,it will be lights out in the first round.Up until the final round against Boston in 2011,the Canucks were deadly on the PP.

The Sedins are physically dominated in the playoffs. Put big Zack with them. And Gilman already said that were putting Roy with Higgins and Hansen.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Raymond-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Roy-Hansen

Booth/Pinnizotto-Lapierre-Weise

Don't know if Booth will be back.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Roy - Hansen

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Weiss - Lapierre - Pinizzotto

Roy is the perfect centermen for Raymond and Hansen, a pass first guy between two shooters.

Archived