Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lakersboi

What if MG had pulled off an Ovechkin trade?

31 posts in this topic

At one point in Feb, Washington had a record of 2-5-1 and Ovi had well below standards stats with 2g, 1a, 3pts in 8 games. During that time Lui was playing great and held a 3-0-2 record, 1.50gaa and a 0.930 sv%.

Fast forward 3 weeks and Washington continues to fall at 5-10-1, and Ovi scoring only 5g, 5a, 10pts in 16 games. Mean whle Lui was at his best with a 5-0-3 record, 1.44gaa and a 0.935 sv%.

What if MG pulled off a Ribeiro, Ovi and Neuvirth for Lui, Ballard, Raymond and Schroeder and a (2x) #1 draft pick?

With how Ovi is playing now and Kesler back, a couple of minor deadline deals for depth Dmen. Canucks would be heading into the playoff potentially looking like this:

Sedin – Sedin – Ovi

Kassian – Kesler - Burrows

Higgens - Ribeiro – Hansen

Weise – Lapierre – Sestito/Jokinen

Hamhuis – Garrison

Edler – Bieksa

Hannan/Redden/O’Byrne – Tanev

Schneider

Neuvirth

Would you have done it just to win a cup this year?

Edler and/or Kesler would have had to have been part of that mix just to make it happen.

What if the Canucks never traded Cam Neely? or if they acquired Wayne Gretzky? or drafted Anze Kopitar? pondering what ifs is pretty futile.

And it actually blows me away that this is not even the worst Luongo, Ballard, Raymond, and a 1st trade proposal I have seen on this board.

But what if Ovie never regained his form if he came to this team?

And it actually blows me away that this is not even the worst Luongo, Ballard, Raymond, and a 1st trade proposal I have seen on this board.

I think Luongo, Edler, Raymond and a 1st (maybe two firsts) for Ovi and Neuvirth would've been fair in mid-February and we make a seperate trade for another D man (McBain?)

And then I woke up

The Capitals would not have traded Ovechkin anyways lol. The team, management, coaches love him, his evaluaton would be far too high for another team to meet such a price.

And again with the goaltending, and before Holtby's numbers had improved the team had made it clear they are moving forward with Holtby, why would they acquire Luongo ?

The pieces don't make any sense in moving and it would be quite the stretch to think the Canucks could have pulled off an Ovechkin trade with Luongo involved.

Luongo, Edler, Gaunce, and a 1st. Then Washington picks up the phone.

What if

What if

What if

What if Mike Gillis never became a GM

terrible thread

What if we traded for Shea Weber?

What if we were able to win the Cup?

No one knows.

At one point in Feb, Washington had a record of 2-5-1 and Ovi had well below standards stats with 2g, 1a, 3pts in 8 games. During that time Lui was playing great and held a 3-0-2 record, 1.50gaa and a 0.930 sv%.

Fast forward 3 weeks and Washington continues to fall at 5-10-1, and Ovi scoring only 5g, 5a, 10pts in 16 games. Mean whle Lui was at his best with a 5-0-3 record, 1.44gaa and a 0.935 sv%.

What if MG pulled off a Ribeiro, Ovi and Neuvirth for Lui, Ballard, Raymond and Schroeder and a (2x) #1 draft pick?

With how Ovi is playing now and Kesler back, a couple of minor deadline deals for depth Dmen. Canucks would be heading into the playoff potentially looking like this:

Sedin – Sedin – Ovi

Kassian – Kesler - Burrows

Higgens - Ribeiro – Hansen

Weise – Lapierre – Sestito/Jokinen

Hamhuis – Garrison

Edler – Bieksa

Hannan/Redden/O’Byrne – Tanev

Schneider

Neuvirth

Would you have done it just to win a cup this year?