Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marleau_12

Most overrated television shows

191 posts in this topic

The walking dead.

I started watching, cause I read the comic.

The show is laughably bad sometimes, but can put together the odd awesome episode.

It's unreal how likeable the characters are in the comic, and how irritating they are in the show.

First 4 seasons of breaking bad were intoxicating. I loved it. Watched first episode of season 5 and I was so disappointed :-(

Edited by Stefan

I really, really like it...but I think "The Big Bang Theory" is extremely over rated.

As well as "Mike and Molly" and "2 Broke Girls"....I'm just tired of the poorly acted sitcoms, I guess... (even though BBT isn't necessarily poorly acted...the other two are)

That's the perfect summarization of the walking dead, that's EXACTLY how I feel everytime I watch.

Also, after a great first season, Mr.D on CBC is really disappointing this season, I don't even bother watching, normally I'd be making sure I don't miss it, but this season I've missed 4 or 5 episodes.

Edited by Danthecanucksfan

I really, really like it...but I think "The Big Bang Theory" is extremely over rated.

As well as "Mike and Molly" and "2 Broke Girls"....I'm just tired of the poorly acted sitcoms, I guess... (even though BBT isn't necessarily poorly acted...the other two are)

BBT was great for the first 4 seasons. 5 was pretty, eh, didn't really have it's charm, same with the new season, but that episode where the boys were looking for that "tenure" gig and sucked up to the committee was great. one of the best episodes in years

i remember arrested development was really boring

burn notice was anotehr one, but i actually warmed up to that show

Edited by Olias

Almost every hit show is becoming overrated these days. Probably due to the lack of quality.

There aren't too many shows where I'm saying "can't wait for the next episode"

The Big Bang Theory I do not like. Basically the entire premise of the show is "lets all laugh at these nerds doing nerdy things". Not that funny.

I also hate shows with a laugh track (I don't care if its a "live studio audience" or not). Its pretty much just saying "Hey, we know you're stupid, thats why you watch this show. But we think your intelligence is SO LOW that we're adding a laugh track to tell you whats funny." That or they realize the jokes are bad so they try to cover it up with the laugh track.

I also don't care for Community. I find the comedy formulaic and predictable.

No way the walking dead is a great show :) one of the best in awhile imo but two and a half men is overrated ever since Charlie sheen left the show.

Almost every hit show is becoming overrated these days. Probably due to the lack of quality.

Person of Interest is like that for me.

The Big Bang Theory I do not like. Basically the entire premise of the show is "lets all laugh at these nerds doing nerdy things". Not that funny.

I also hate shows with a laugh track (I don't care if its a "live studio audience" or not). Its pretty much just saying "Hey, we know you're stupid, thats why you watch this show. But we think your intelligence is SO LOW that we're adding a laugh track to tell you whats funny." That or they realize the jokes are bad so they try to cover it up with the laugh track.

I also don't care for Community. I find the comedy formulaic and predictable.

No, its more like laughing at the awkwardness that the intelligent characters do because they're nerds. I love the BBT ever since it was first released and I still love it. Provides me with epic comedy every week (or whenever its on)

The only show that gave me that feeling would be PRISON BREAK but it stopped airing a while back :(

The Big Bang Theory, definitely.

The only show I still watch weekly (well, the only one I get with my TV package anyway) is Community, but this season has just been awful... I've barely laughed at all. It just feels like they're rehashing everything from the first 3 seasons since Dan Harmon left and nobody knows how to write anything original anymore. (And the forced love plots are just cringe-inducing). I'll probably stick it out until the end (unlike The Office, which just became unwatchable) but I can't see it being renewed for another season and I'm not sure I'd want to.

No, its more like laughing at the awkwardness that the intelligent characters do because they're nerds. I love the BBT ever since it was first released and I still love it. Provides me with epic comedy every week (or whenever its on)

Thats really just a different phrasing of what I said. The Big Bang Theory's comedy can be boiled down to this:

"Uh oh, Leonard has trouble with Penny because he's a nerd lolololol!"

"Howard can't pick up chicks because he's a nerd and doesn't understand women lololololol!"

"Sheldon doesn't understand this particular social convention because he's a nerd! (or has aspergers) lololol"

"Raj can't talk to women because he's insecure and a nerd! lolololol"

"Look, they went to a comic convention/are playing video games/dressing up as superheroes/whatever! isn't that nerdy? lolololol!"

"They said some complex scientific equation the less intelligent characters don't understand! lololololol"

These are all tropes that have been tread countless times before.

Besides, intelligence=/=nerdiness.

Edited by CAPSLOCK

I watch TV for the Old Spice commercials.

Big bang theory - first couple of seasons were good but since it hast been too good.

The Walking Dead - decent show but overrated

Community - the new season is brutal

Edited by Beluga Whale

I watch TV for the Old Spice commercials.

i miss the old guy. "im on a horse"

The Soprano's, save yourself a good portion of your life and watch Goodfellas instead.

Breaking Bad, I don't know if it got good after the 4th episode becaise that's all I could watch.

Eastbound and Down season 3. Not overrated because I never heard anyone ever talk about it. I expected more from Kenneth Powers.