The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[The Province] Loads of Canucks playoff tickets available raising questions about Vancouver market

-Vintage Canuck-

Who wants to risk paying that much money for tickets when this team has proven they can just as likely melt down and lose 7-2 as win an exciting barn burner? My dad lives in downtown Vancouver and used to go to quite a few games but even he's not going anymore because he just doesn't know what team is going to show up. Way too risky when you're talking about $150+ for a decent seat.

my playoff tickets almost cost more than a full season of 45 home games (41 + 4 preseason). So for a potential 16games it costs almost as much as 45games that is shameful. SCF tickets are 3times the price of a regular season game. For me to take my family to a SCF game will be in excess of 2grand.

In 2010 i think it cost us 5thousand to see the canucks/boston series alone. And that is STH price not retail/ticketscammer prices.

Overpriced tickets.. but also i don't think you can discount the fact for that many ppl just making the playoffs isn't exciting. 1st round isn't exciting, its more okay whatever we've seen this core here b4.. I don't think the feeling is going to change much until we missed the playoffs for a couple years/or see a new core emerge/win a cup.

$332 + $9.95 for lower bowl tickets.

$680 for 2 people. Plus, $100 for food and drinks. Parking. Etc.

Lets say it`s around $700 per game for a pair.

You can buy a HDTV for the same price.

You can go to a pubéloungeésports bar and take 4 friends on you for the same price.

You can fly to SJ and watch a game for the same price.

Hmmm maybe fans have had enough of being gouged.

We get treated like crap by the NHL and lose half a season for nothing. And now they just expect fans to come crawling back and pay $300+ for playoff tickets? Forget about it. What happened to giving back to the fans for being loyal?

$332 + $9.95 for lower bowl tickets.

$680 for 2 people. Plus, $100 for food and drinks. Parking. Etc.

Lets say it`s around $700 per game for a pair.

You can buy a HDTV for the same price.

You can go to a pubéloungeésports bar and take 4 friends on you for the same price.

You can fly to SJ and watch a game for the same price.

People will be willing to put down money for a product based on its quality.

Well, the quality on ice that fans have seen this year has been less than stellar.

The fans see that this years team is not up to par compared to the last couple of years.

Archived