Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Canucks need to hold hearing with refs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
203 replies to this topic

#1 Matt_T83

Matt_T83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

This is like the 4th or 5th WEAKASS penalty on Dale Weise.

Obviously the referees don't like this guy, for whatever reason. But that doesn't give you license to just penalize him every time you see him do something. You have to treat him like any other player.

Whoever called that penalty needs to be suspended. Seriously.

Either that, or the Canucks need to take Weise out of the lineup, because he's just getting called for ridiculous crap.

#2 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,729 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

If any Canuck picked up and threw the puck out of the zone, they would have been thrown out of the game and suspended for the remainder of the playoffs.

#3 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,680 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

Everyone knows the American teams are always favored to win against Canadian teams because there is a greater market size in the US. (It's a business, plain and simple)

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#4 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

win or lose Gillis needs to take the fine and call out this crappy officiating...

29mln9e.jpg

CHOCOLATE RAIN, YOU GUYS! CHOCOLATE RAIN!

Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

#5 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Sigh.

Lock in 3...2...1...

4X5ed5z.gif

Credit to Tony Zamboni for the sig.

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#6 alexkidd

alexkidd

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

It's not going to matter you guys are just looking for any excuses. Our team Sucks now it's just time to accept it.
Posted Image

I am not a bandwagoneer. I am just pessimistic. 40 years without a cup will do that to any normal fan. So please, stop and think before labeling someone a bandwagoneer.

#7 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,714 posts

Edit: ^^^^^^^^ Another one of these guys... ^^^^

C'mon dude, pick up your socks! Think positive! They've been bringing it pretty good so far, don't get ahead of yourself...

I thought the reffing has been pretty even

Edited by VanIsleNuckFan, 05 May 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#8 Matt_T83

Matt_T83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

The funny thing is that penalty against Weise was so BS... but the "slashing" call against Hamhuis... for a 5 on 3 no less... I don't even know what to say.

Can the Canucks file a lawsuit against the NHL??? Because you could EASILY prove in a court of law that the referees aren't fairly enforcing the rules in this series.

I know that sounds like a super-troll think to say... but I'm not joking. I REALLY try not to complain about the reffing... it's just something you can't control. But this is getting ridiculous.

#9 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,446 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hahahahahahaaaaaaa god I love this place!!

A hearing??? Are you friggin kidding me?

FearandLoathingSig.jpg

Total control now. Tooling along the main drag on a Saturday night in Vegas. Two good old boys in a fire-apple red convertible. Stoned. Ripped. Twisted. Good people. 

#10 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

The non-call on Couture picking the puck up and throwing it out of the zone was pretty hilarious, I must say.

But a hearing with the refs, well, lol. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jai604, 05 May 2013 - 07:51 PM.

RIP LB RR PD

#11 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,921 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

Henrik Sedin wins the faceoff with his glove PENALTY! Couture grabs the puck, closes his hand, and throws it and the ref looks the other way

nN5BCfs.jpg

#12 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,785 posts

It's not going to matter you guys are just looking for any excuses. Our team Sucks now it's just time to accept it.

are you even watching the game? Yes our team is having issues regarding offense but I imagine being sent to the penalty box for NO REASON is part of the problem. How can you expect them to actually score when they are endlessly given penalties. The officiating against Vancouver for the past few year has been bad but this year its been the worse. I am also a long time Canucks fan and I say enough is enough, why should we as fans have to put up with this crap just because our team happens to be CDN.

29mln9e.jpg

CHOCOLATE RAIN, YOU GUYS! CHOCOLATE RAIN!

Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

#13 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,975 posts

This officiating is a joke

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   || STL Blues EHL Roster ||

cookie.png

#14 DD_Bwest

DD_Bwest

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Lets start a program to teach our kids to go into reffing when they grow up! only way we'll ever get the cup

#15 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Stop blaming the officiating. It was fine this period. The refs showed they won't tolerate after the whistle stuff, hence the penalties to Weise and Wingels.

Everything else was fair. On the closing the hand no call, I saw him chuck it, but not close his hand on it. Then again, I didn't see a good replay of it.
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#16 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

We need to do a "The Longest Yard" to the refs. We should play very dirty if they are going to ref against us; slash, step on them, take slap shots to their faces when they go to block.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#17 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Stop blaming the officiating. It was fine this period. The refs showed they won't tolerate after the whistle stuff, hence the penalties to Weise and Wingels.

Everything else was fair. On the closing the hand no call, I saw him chuck it, but not close his hand on it. Then again, I didn't see a good replay of it.

It's a penalty because in order to chuck it, you must have it in your hand; swatting would be okay, but he didn't swat the puck.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#18 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,921 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Are you joking? Yes the Canucks are sucking but the reffing is ridiculous :picard:

nN5BCfs.jpg

#19 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

The reffing is bs bottom line. Also in other series, pathetic.

#20 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

What should be more alarming is the fact the once mighty PP has sucked for 2 seasons now without any major adjustments by the coaches. Time for them to go!

qrak1x.jpg

#21 xereau

xereau

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

Ultimately, the only way to change things is for you as a fan to boycott the league.

No TV, no games, no merchandise.

Because if you do not, your money will continue to feed lifeblood into these so-called professionals.

I have been 'at that point' many times, and I am again.

The NHL game is broken on MANY levels, including reffing.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man:
brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the

timid join him; for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  ----- 
Mark Twain

#22 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

No Hockey League.
It is amazing that this WWF style is controlled by officiating that decide outcomes.
I really disliked both games because the momentum was altered to the Sharks by the refs.
That is a rigged game.

#23 Zamboni_14

Zamboni_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

how do you know if the NHL playoffs are going? Canuck fans are complaining about the refs.

#24 Jougo

Jougo

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

So when will this hearing be scheduled?

#25 a Fool

a Fool

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

SJS has 100% more PPs than Van in this series.

#26 Haikara

Haikara

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

how do you know if the NHL playoffs are going? HOCKEY fans are complaining about the refs.

Corrected.

Clearly there is something wrong when Kesler gets cross-checked near the boards (could have been a cross-checking or boarding infraction called), and nothing gets called, but Hansen pushes Thornton and gets a cross-checking call. Pushing is allowed =.=
Posted Image

#27 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,263 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

You can't defend the reffing in this series, you just can't. Its so blatantly obvious in San Jose's favour.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#28 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hansen: It's cross-checking time!

#29 StopesisCanucks

StopesisCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

Wow call a hearing. The only thing that can be done is MG saying something to media, and then he would be fined,and we continue to look like whiners but sometimes it is worth it.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 07 May 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#30 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

Edit: ^^^^^^^^ Another one of these guys... ^^^^

C'mon dude, pick up your socks! Think positive! They've been bringing it pretty good so far, don't get ahead of yourself...

I thought the reffing has been pretty even

i agree it was evenly crappy all across the league , it seriously maybe the biggest flaw in the league and what keeps from being a quality league , they say let the players decide the game well crack down and call everything in the regular season and playoffs and they will instead of looking like a bush league , Like how do you not give a penalty shot when clearly a puck has been stopped from crossing the line by a players glove , Plain and simple ignorance of the NHL
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.