The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks need to hold hearing with refs

Matt_T83

This is like the 4th or 5th WEAKASS penalty on Dale Weise.

Obviously the referees don't like this guy, for whatever reason. But that doesn't give you license to just penalize him every time you see him do something. You have to treat him like any other player.

Whoever called that penalty needs to be suspended. Seriously.

Either that, or the Canucks need to take Weise out of the lineup, because he's just getting called for ridiculous crap.

The funny thing is that penalty against Weise was so BS... but the "slashing" call against Hamhuis... for a 5 on 3 no less... I don't even know what to say.

Can the Canucks file a lawsuit against the NHL??? Because you could EASILY prove in a court of law that the referees aren't fairly enforcing the rules in this series.

I know that sounds like a super-troll think to say... but I'm not joking. I REALLY try not to complain about the reffing... it's just something you can't control. But this is getting ridiculous.

Stop blaming the officiating. It was fine this period. The refs showed they won't tolerate after the whistle stuff, hence the penalties to Weise and Wingels.

Everything else was fair. On the closing the hand no call, I saw him chuck it, but not close his hand on it. Then again, I didn't see a good replay of it.

We need to do a "The Longest Yard" to the refs. We should play very dirty if they are going to ref against us; slash, step on them, take slap shots to their faces when they go to block.

Stop blaming the officiating. It was fine this period. The refs showed they won't tolerate after the whistle stuff, hence the penalties to Weise and Wingels.

Everything else was fair. On the closing the hand no call, I saw him chuck it, but not close his hand on it. Then again, I didn't see a good replay of it.

Archived