The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

List of 2013 Free Agents you want

Canucks FTW!!!

I was looking at the post about Morrow being to old but I continue seeing people mention Shane Doan. Morrow is 34 and Doan is 36. I seen a huge differnce once Morrow went from Dallas to Pittsberg. So imagine him along side the Sedins.

Either

D.Sedin H.Sedin Morrow

or

Morrow H.Sedin Kassian

D.Sedin Kesler Burrows

Much tougher and more intense lines. The Sedins need bigger, in your face players to get open and make big plays.

Because we have over 10 million tied up in goal tending and 12 million tied up in sisters we can change this team at all. we can bring up some talent from the wolves but there will not be any big moves here for a long time. No team would ever take the sisters and why would they and no one wants lou so we are not going to see a different team here for a long long time. If you want to talk about players that we cant afford due to salary cap then I would like a weber or a Crosby or even a malkin.

UFA:

Torres

Gordon

O'Byrne

Ellis

Regin

Re: Lapierre

Re: Alberts

RFA:

Alzner

Re: Tanev

Re: Weise

Trade:

Brouwer

Sedin-Sedin-Brouwer

Burrows-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Lapierre- Hansen

Torres-Gordon-Weise

Regin

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Garrison- Tanev

Alzner - Corrado

Alberts - O'byrne

Schneider

Ellis

All of these proposals don't address any of our problems. Adding one big average forward isn't suddenly going to solve our lack of scoring.

Gillis said he wants the team to get younger. That means guys like Schroeder, Jensen, or Gaunce will be in the lineup.

Expect us to trade for young players too. I don't think we'll be signing any washed up vets this offseason.

• 1 month later...

Filppula would be ideal. If not him I wouldn't mind Ribeiro/ Elias on short-term contracts.

Also would like Brad Richardson for cheap, or RFA's Frazer McLaren/ Kyle Clifford/ Trevor Lewis (big, young energy guys on 4th line) and also Mark Fraser (RFA)/ Scuderi (to replace Ballard and play as shutdown man on 3rd pairing with puck-mover Corrado or Tanev).

The Kings had a stack of players who had been in a Cup final/won the Cup before when they marched their way to the finals, and Boston/Chicago have plenty of Cup experience.

The Canucks have a lot of guys who were in those finals, but now key guys during that run (Torres, Luongo, Ehrhoff, Salo, Samuelsson) are gone. We need to get more Cup experience, and Cup-rings on this team.

Get Dupuis. Get Torres back. Get Stahlberg. Get Clarkson. Get Penner. A couple of these guys would be fantastic. All big bodies, all playoff performers, and all been in a Cup final or won a Cup. Dupuis will have a tough time re-signing with the Pens considering they still have to fork out another big contract to Letang, Torres got suspended again and hurt the Sharks, and they'll be the cheapest to sign. Not fast, but both big hitters and gritty forwards.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Dupuis - ??? - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Torres

Obviously still a big hole in that 3C spot, but a lot of questions answered right there. We still have quite a bit of speed down the lineup with Booth, Hansen, Kesler, Higgins and Lapierre, but a lot more bite and physicality on every single line.

Archived