The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

Cassels is 3-4 years away from hitting the nhl. Also i feel he will be a career 3rd liner, still pretty good i guess

Maybe? You never know. Adam Henrique was a very similar sort of prospect. Henrique was picked 82knd, Cassels 85th. They play the same position, the same agitating game style as their signature and are near identical in size and speed. If anything Henrique was less prolific in his 19 YO year in the OHL; 77 points with Cole is gearing to slaughter. Then sprung onto the Devils, even played in the SCF, at 21 after 1 year in the AHL as a surprise to all.

Now I am not saying after next season Cassels will burst onto the NHL that soon. Or become a 1st or 2knd line centre. We don't know that. But it's all about the fight in the dog... Henrique shows its possible.

FTR, I will be more than happy if Cassels, a 3rd round pick, becomes a productive 3rd liner. That his play even perhaps suggests he might be capable of more is very encouraging.

Cassels with another 3 point night (1 goal 2 assists +1) in a 7-2 win over the Steelheads.

Bringing his totals to: 10 goals 25 assists = 35 points in 20 games 1.75 ppg.

On pace for 105 pts in 60 games all the while dominating at both ends of the ice.

This kid is the real deal

We could possibly have our future franchise center already...

I don't disagree. Cassels could be the sleeper pick in the '13 draft. Remember, he was playing on the third line for most of the season during his draft year.

I feel that he will need a year or two in Utica after his junior career. Nevertheless, he's our best centre prospect.

I don't disagree. Cassels could be the sleeper pick in the '13 draft. Remember, he was playing on the third line for most of the season during his draft year.

I feel that he will need a year or two in Utica after his junior career. Nevertheless, he's our best centre prospect.

Not going to say anything until he can show what he does in the NHL

now, i may not be a scout or in person fan, but you can easily glean this infor from some rudimentary scoresheet mining.

Cassels has 35 points; of those 35 points Michael Dal Colle only got a point on 13 of those goals, and he was on the ice for only 19 of them.

and of those 19 goals that MDC was on the ice for, 12 of them were on the powerplay.

It's interesting how the in-team competition(Gaunce, Bo, McCann, & Cassels) should push the bar higher, for all. With such a scenario, 2 or 3 might bust through their expected 'ceilings'.

edit- s'pose one might add Vey to this list...

Gaunce has already been moved to LW in the pro, so it's just Vey, Horvat, McCann and Cassels.

Archived