The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Cederholm | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

He's benefited from a couple of blowouts, 9-2 on opening night and 10-4 tonight. It'd be hard for him to not hit the scoresheet. :P Portland's got a real dynamic team again this year, should be good for him to participate in a long playoff run.

Well he's still 2nd on the team in points for defensemen with 1-4-5 in 5 games played vs Garrett Haar at 1-7-8 in the same. The next highest point total for defencemen is Viveiros with 1-2-3 in 5 games as well. Pouliot has 1 point (an assist) in his 1 game played

Well he's still 2nd on the team in points for defensemen with 1-4-5 in 5 games played vs Garrett Haar at 1-7-8 in the same. The next highest point total for defencemen is Viveiros with 1-2-3 in 5 games as well. Pouliot has 1 point (an assist) in his 1 game played

He is doing well, but Viveiros and the other 3 usual defenders are either stay at home types or rookies still adjusting to the league. I'd expect Haar and Pouliot to get the majority of the powerplay time, but Anton has earned 2nd unit duty. It could help develop his offensive game but he still projects as a defensive defenseman were he to make it to the big leagues

but he still projects as a defensive defenseman were he to make it to the big leagues

I'm totally fine with that. We've lacked a big, mean crease clearing guy with better than 6/7 potential for a while.

If he ends up as the lesser talent on the second pair or the higher talent on a third pair that hits the crap out of any opposing player attempting to get near our net. I'm happy. He could be a very solid complimentary player in a few years IMO.

Archived