The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Road Rage Thread

Lui's Knob

I usually just honk or mean mug. It's enough. I'm a pretty aggressive driver so I usually just switch lanes, tailgate, or pass them (illegally). Basically, I can be an ass sometimes.

I used a baseball bat before...just showed it and the guy pissed his pants. Probably the funniest road rage related incident...

I live in a retirement town here in Penticton here's my two latest incidents.

I pulled out of my driveway and was almost t-boned somehow by an elderly driver who crossed the yellow line for some reason. Pulling out I got stuck behind them doing I kid you not 20kph for 8 blocks before they turned into the same place I was going. I then pulled in and this tiny old woman who was driving so slow stormed my car and said the following.

"You piece of S**T you're a terrible driver people like you make the roads unsafe and I am calling the police because you're parked in a handicapped spot."

Little did she know it was parking for customer with child, but she wouldn't listen to reason and drew a crowd before the other person in her car dragged her away all the while cursing in front of my 1 and 4 year old. Yay

The other time pulling out of physio I got stuck behind this ragged out mustang doing 15 kph and had a woman in the drivers seat hanging a bear and a middle finger out the window at me for 3 blocks. Hit a red light and a passing lane (I could have passed at the light via turn/pass lane) and she starts angling her car in and quite literally pushed me up on the curb nearly pushing me into a telephone pole.

So I snapped I got out of my car and she guns it through a red light nearly taking out an SUV in the process.

She was headed right for the res though, nothing anyone could do.

Driving is the only thing that makes me genuinely angry, not because I am an angry driver or person, but because I feel in this town that my life and my kids' life are at risk every time we leave our house.

It's kinda sad and were I the person I was 10 years ago i'd throttle people at stop lights and not worry about an adult charge doing it

Are there different enforcements of speeding from province to province? In Illinois, we get annoyed by drivers from Wisconsin...but because of the total oppisite ends of the spectrum in the way our two bordering states handle speeders.

In Illinois, you have to be driving a minimum of 20mph over the speed limit on highways or tollroads to get a ticket...doing 70 in a 55 zone is normal. On some highways like I-294, even when doing 70 people will pass you like you're standing still. Plus the fines are usually around $100.

Now in Wisconsin, the speed limit is the speed LIMIT. If you are doing 3mph over the speed limit, not only will you get a $300-$500 ticket, but when you go to court, they'll suspend your license for six months. I had a friend lose his license for doing 59 in a 55. There are quite a few Illinois motorists with warrants in Wisconsin for blowing off thier court date.

So Wisconsin sees Illinois drivers as maniacs...and people in Illinois dread coming up on a Wisconsin license plate in the passing lane.

Things that pisses me off when on the road:

1. People who suddenly feels like crossing the street and decides to run behind your car while you're parallel parking. Usually it's a tight spot where I'm trying to avoid rear-ending the vehicle behind me.... so if I was to hit someone, they probably be squished.

They're jaywalking too, even when there's a perfectly fine crosswalk not 10 metres away!

2. Drivers that don't move over to the "parking" lane when they're making a right turn and thus blocking the entire lane behind them. Not like people turn fast either. They take their time and there's often pedestrians. Move the hell over!

3. Just sheer incompetence. I'm not here to brag, but I believe I'm better than the average driver. I drive straight, I always signal, turn into my own lanes and follow the flow of traffic.

Yet I'm constantly surrounded by people who have trouble staying within their own lane, always just hitting one line and then to the one on the other side.... maybe they're drunk? Maybe they're on the phone? Hard to imagine these same people walking and chewing gum at the same time.

The idiots who never signals or only does so last minute. It's just a minor flick of a wrist. I always honk or beam them when it happens.

Drivers that can't seem to turn into their closest lane like when you're making a right turn and the opposite side making a left turn.... you go to your own lane. Don't just cut across, especially if there's someone else already there.

I ???? hate Albertan drivers. I don't know what their problem is, but they invade the Okanagan every summer and are the worst drivers I have ever seen in my life.

I also hate when people drive slow in the fast lane and when people drive under the speed limit or go the exact speed limit putting on their brakes every 10 seconds so they don't go 2km over. I want to kill them, happened to me twice today.

I ???? hate Albertan drivers. I don't know what their problem is, but they invade the Okanagan every summer and are the worst drivers I have ever seen in my life.

I also hate when people drive slow in the fast lane and when people drive under the speed limit or go the exact speed limit putting on their brakes every 10 seconds so they don't go 2km over. I want to kill them, happened to me twice today.

Get this: my Dad was t-boned by a driver texting while he drove (who ran a red). Dad had a big ol' Parisienne or something (can't remember...it was similar). Total write off apparently. Dad didn't pursue it or go for injuries, despite having to have a hip replacement on that side not long afterward. Also, an aneurysm bulged after the impact.

So what did he get for "not bothering"? ICBC decided "50-50" and their response to the guy's admitted speeding in the written report?...."the speed limits posted are approximate/a guide". Really? Don't they usually say "Maximum"?

Anyhow, driving texters next to be sent to an outhouse with nothing but their phone for a month. In hot weather.

Get this: my Dad was t-boned by a driver texting while he drove (who ran a red). Dad had a big ol' Parisienne or something (can't remember...it was similar). Total write off apparently. Dad didn't pursue it or go for injuries, despite having to have a hip replacement on that side not long afterward. Also, an aneurysm bulged after the impact.

So what did he get for "not bothering"? ICBC decided "50-50" and their response to the guy's admitted speeding in the written report?...."the speed limits posted are approximate/a guide". Really? Don't they usually say "Maximum"?

Anyhow, driving texters next to be sent to an outhouse with nothing but their phone for a month. In hot weather.

I hate it when you're turning left in an intersection, waiting for an oncoming car, and at the last second they turn on their right turn signal and you could have gone way earlier had they signalled earlier.

The flipside that seems to happen a lot too - people with their signal on (from a previous lane change, etc.) who AREN'T turning. I always wait to make sure...seen too many of these. Defensive driving is a must in Richmond...expect the unexpected here.

Archived