The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1-3 Blue Jackets

Drouin

We're playing the right way for what we have.. Higgins could have had a pair and Kassian had a great chance.. the story though is our lack of a pure sniper... Daniel hasn't been the same since the Keith hit and Robo-Kesler can't be counted on to carry the offense.

Effort was there, and we're doing the things we need to do to be successful in the long term.. but we still need a move to bring in an offensive-minded winger. Maybe tell Shinkaruk to spend the year in the gym instead of playing hockey.

We need Vanek

Was stuck watching Clb-feed. Ominously they bring Horton into their booth for the 3rd. He's still admiring his pass a coupla' yrs after Rome filled him in..I knew it was a bad sign, in a lousy stinker of a tilt. Thought Lack looked pretty good. Already tired of this league's officiating. Ah well, if they get 4 more points on this trip, all is fine.

Santorelli is leading the team in goals and played a really good game. I think him being on the ice was well deserved, Higgins on the other hand, I agree.

True, I get why he's out there today.. point being, who else should be on the ice? Booth? Kassian? Richardson? Hansen? We lack offensive depth.

For argument's sake I would have had Edler or Bieksa out there for Higgins.

No finish around the net..that was the story about this game...The Sedins seemed to be the only threat for the Canucks,the rest of the team was a wash...Lack was good....At the end of the day,it was a great opportunity for a win and the Canucks didn't take it.

Santorelli had another good game

True, I get why he's out there today.. point being, who else should be on the ice? Booth? Kassian? Richardson? Hansen? We lack offensive depth.

For argument's sake I would have had Edler or Bieksa out there for Higgins.

Going with 5 forwards was a bad idea when it was Higgins who was on the ice. I would have rather had Bieksa or Edler on the point. Put 2 booming shots on the point, place your other players near the net, and fire away.

Most people have been talking about the disappearances of players like D.Sedin, Booth, Kesler, etc. What about Jannik Hansen? In the past 7 games he has: 0 goals and 1 assist.

Yeah people bitch about Kass, at least you see him pretty sure Hansen is still in Vancouver.

again, I like Higgins.. he's a meat and potatoes guy who's going to get a good amount of chances and bury some of them... SOME.. not most... we need a guy who makes good most of the time.

Higgins is far from the problem. The fact that the Canucks must use him in the top6 is the problem...

That game was utter PAIN to watch. Canucks do not have the depth to compete. They are well coached and work hard.

They dont have the talent to fight through a trapping team like that. Ugh.

Its why they lose to so many bottom feeders. I gather their practices are centered on beating the offensive top dogs like Pittsburgh and don't seem to have a clue on how to play the lower talent trap-first teams.

Higgins was snake bitten for sure, but he played hard all game. Don't get the higgy hate.

Booth hasn't even earned the title "streaky", as some Booth defenders say. Name even one "streak" he has been on since signing with the Canucks. Sucks that he dragged out his injury so he couldn't be bought out.

Lack played good enough to win, but he needed the support at the other end. Not enough crashing the net on a young goaltender. I'm looking at you Kassian.

Why isn't this shocking? Aside from once in a while, where is the offence supposed to come from? Daniel is on pace for what, 16 goals? As much as you want to call Higgins snakebitten, there comes a time when you have to look at his scoring history. He has not hit the 20 goal mark in 5 seasons. Booth? This team needs someone who can and will score 30 goals. Daniel doesn't seem to be that guy anymore and neither does Burrows.

Archived