The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1-3 Blue Jackets

Drouin

If it makes anyone feel better, that would likely have been Burrows in that position if he was healthy.

Burrows scores that goal 9 times out of 10.

The brutal part was hearing Shorty and Garrett describe it as a wonderful save, then seeing the replay and realizing that McElhinney didn't do squat other than just keep his pad down hope it hit him. Higgy had to get that puck up a few more inches.

Daniel's 8 points in 10 games isn't terrible.. just because he isn't as good as he used to be, or as good as Hank, doesn't mean his skill set isn't needed on this team. We still need him, although I agree he isn't as valuable as Hank at the moment.

No too many of our "top 6 forwards" are playing like 3rd and 4th liners.

Kes has gotta get his head of his butt and start playing the way that made him successful. He's not Ilya Kovalchuk. He's a grinder that gets goals through hard work.

And Booth has either gotta get going or be dumped somehow.

It's my opinion that they have been producing at this low level for a long enough period that they can no longer be considered top 6 players.

Canuck fans got a fresh batch of pregnancy hormones tonight. Wow.

"I am in a glass case of emotion."

Maybe - but the Canucks putting up 38 shots and converting on 1 against a backup goalie who hasn't played in years is a microcosm of what has been going on the past 3 years. A more skilled team buries more than a garbage goal that should have been disallowed in that situation.

daniel is injured

6 goals in 41 nhl games

bet he has an injury affecting his shooting. He seems more and more reluctant to shoot, tells the media he wants to shoot more, doesnt do it and then when he does shoot he shoots wide or shoots into the goalies chest from areas he use to score from

It's my opinion that they have been producing at this low level for a long enough period that they can no longer be considered top 6 players.

Exactly. Years have passed waiting for these guys to play to their potential. After this much time, what we see is what they are. Kesler had 1 great series where everything went his way and since then, he has been a non-factor injured or healthy. He is not going to be the answer to the team's offensive woes. Booth...it's 3 seasons now and he has played like a good 4th liner. Dump him! Trying to win with this group of reclamation projects is wasting the last years of Hank's gift. I'd rather watch the kids struggle to be successful at this level than expect miracle performances from a bunch of career under-performers.

The brutal part was hearing Shorty and Garrett describe it as a wonderful save, then seeing the replay and realizing that McElhinney didn't do squat other than just keep his pad down hope it hit him. Higgy had to get that puck up a few more inches.

higgins needs to start practicing on shooting top shelf. He always shoots the puck along the ice, instead of aiming it top shelf.

Can anyone see Kesler being dealt to Philly for 2 players? Simmonds and schenn?? That'd be fair and give our better better options..

I would trade Kesler and Higgins if it was for Simmonds and Brayden Schenn and 2 draft picks. Then flip those draft picks along with Schroeder and Booth to get Versteeg and Matthias.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Versteeg-Schenn-Simmonds

Hansen-Matthias-Kassian

Weise-Santorelli-Richardson

People please, we don't want to destroy our future for some big name that might or not work out (look at Roy). As long as we get in the playoff, which we will, we can win the playoff. I prefer that we get in the playoff every year and take our chances then go all in one season that may or may not work. Remember that hockey is a game that depends a lot on luck, even the best team on paper may lose to a no name team cause of luck.

It's not like Gillis gave up much for Booth, so dumping him now wouldn't even look bad.

Unfortunately I think he's too stubborn to admit that he was a poor acquisition. So he'll continue to use up cap space on a player that really brings nothing right now.

I would trade Kesler and Higgins if it was for Simmonds and Brayden Schenn and 2 draft picks. Then flip those draft picks along with Schroeder and Booth to get Versteeg and Matthias.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Versteeg-Schenn-Simmonds

Hansen-Matthias-Kassian

Weise-Santorelli-Richardson

I've said it before.. IF we really want to "rebuild" we need to deal Kesler. Our young guys are best suited to replacing him and he would bring a solid return. (Not saying I condone this - yet.)

Archived