The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1-3 Blue Jackets

Drouin

I've said it before.. IF we really want to "rebuild" we need to deal Kesler. Our young guys are best suited to replacing him and he would bring a solid return. (Not saying I condone this - yet.)

With a caveat....Booth has to go along in the trade. If we're going to trade a still-desirable player like Kesler, then you're taking a hack contract along with him. Enter Booth. Let's work a blockbuster if necessary.

Daniel's 8 points in 10 games isn't terrible.. just because he isn't as good as he used to be, or as good as Hank, doesn't mean his skill set isn't needed on this team. We still need him, although I agree he isn't as valuable as Hank at the moment.

What worries me is that he just doesn't seem to shoot first anymore. He's looks for the pass now. Like tonight's game, he was in the slot and instead of trying to snipe it like he used to, he spins around and passes

With a caveat....Booth has to go along in the trade. If we're going to trade a still-desirable player like Kesler, then you're taking a hack contract along with him. Enter Booth. Let's work a blockbuster if necessary.

I can't argue with that.. If we hold on to him AND he stays healthy, I still think he can produce... that being said, even if he rebounds he is a redundant piece considering Higgins and Hansen being signed for much less to give us the same 15-20 goals.

What worries me is that he just doesn't seem to shoot first anymore. He's looks for the pass now. Like tonight's game, he was in the slot and instead of trying to snipe it like he used to, he spins around and passes

I know.. I still think we can use him as a playmaking winger but we still need a sniper.

Why does our division have to be so good, it's frustrating

It's not our division. We have 5 wins and look how this breaks down:

The last place team in the Eastern division

The last and third last team in the Metropolitan division

The last two teams in the Pacific division

We've only beaten bottom dwellers. It doesn't matter what division they're in

I missed the game (thankfully by the sounds of it)

Can someone tell me if they said what's up with Schroeder? How bad is the injury/what is it?

Ankle injury, sent back to Van.

Sounds like it could be awhile. At least until the end of the road trip.

It's not our division. We have 5 wins and look how this breaks down:

The last place team in the Eastern division

The last and third last team in the Metropolitan division

The last two teams in the Pacific division

We've only beaten bottom dwellers. It doesn't matter what division they're in

I ment our division as like "the division that we are in" not like "we own this Sh!t"

I knew I wasn't the only one who thinks there's something wrong with Daniel. He's supposed to be the sniper on the team but looks injured an unconfident.

If I'm Gillis, this is a huge stumbling block in re-signing the twins. Hank deserves to re-sign at top dollars, what exactly does Daniel bring to the table? He's not physical, not a fast player, isn't scoring...pretty expensive penalty killer!! If the Sedins insist on both signing and getting paid the same, if I'm Gillis I either trade them away or get Hank to take a discount so their salaries combined reflect their value. Tough situation.

I knew I wasn't the only one who thinks there's something wrong with Daniel. He's supposed to be the sniper on the team but looks injured an unconfident.

hasn't been the same since the elbow from keith.

his shooting percentage is way down since then, he was typically mid teens in %

Three seasons prior to Keith's cheapshot

13 %

15 %

13 %

last year, first season post the hit, his shooting% dropped to 8.7%

This year he's at a raging 5.3%

Those ain't sniper numbers, that hit did something to him

hasn't been the same since the elbow from keith.

his shooting percentage is way down since then, he was typically mid teens in %

Three seasons prior to Keith's cheapshot

13 %

15 %

13 %

last year, first season post the hit, his shooting% dropped to 8.7%

This year he's at a raging 5.3%

Those ain't sniper numbers, that hit did something to him

True.. brain injuries don't "heal" but you can re-write the pathways.. it just takes time. A lot of time.

If I'm Gillis, this is a huge stumbling block in re-signing the twins. Hank deserves to re-sign at top dollars, what exactly does Daniel bring to the table? He's not physical, not a fast player, isn't scoring...pretty expensive penalty killer!! If the Sedins insist on both signing and getting paid the same, if I'm Gillis I either trade them away or get Hank to take a discount so their salaries combined reflect their value. Tough situation.

Or Hank gets paid more....simple, Daniel hasn' t earned a huge raise and since the hit (unfortunately) something seems off, see my post on his shooting % prior and post hit.

Hank, just seems to keep going....its early and Daniel is streak so be patient...he might find his game, and if we even have any hope, we need him to

Missed the game, and for some reason my PVR didn't record it.

From the highlights it looked like Lack played well? What about Kassian? Who played well?

Lack let the first shot in, but looked pretty good. Kassian had a really solid game I though. Walsh had a good debut. We outplayed them for most of the game, we just had no finish.

Lack let the first shot in, but looked pretty good. Kassian had a really solid game I though. Walsh had a good debut. We outplayed them for most of the game, we just had no finish.

Hm.. yeah it was disapointing hear we lost this game but there goalie played really well I assume so whatever, just gotta move onto the next one.

Hm.. yeah it was disapointing hear we lost this game but there goalie played really well I assume so whatever, just gotta move onto the next one.

I'd say we made him look better than he was.

Archived