The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1-3 Blue Jackets

Drouin

I think Torts is beginning to understand why this team struggles to score. IN his post game presser he says "don't let the shots fool you" "teams will let you play on the outside all night" there needs to be a willingness to go to the areas where you score".

People on here will get all excited about a 50 second shift where the Nucks control the puck in the O zone yet don't generate a shot or scoring chance. It makes for great stats and looks like our guys are dominating but they're actually not achieving anything. Lots of fancy passes through legs in the corners and along the boards but always to the outside, No one wants to take the puck to the slot or beat anyone one-on-one to get into a scoring position.

Could be that the Nucks don't have enough talent to beat anyone one-on-one or they are just too used to watching pretty goals scored by passing plays where no one has to get dirty. It will be a tough culture change for Torts to bring in and may require a changing of the guard.

I think Torts is beginning to understand why this team struggles to score. IN his post game presser he says "don't let the shots fool you" "teams will let you play on the outside all night" there needs to be a willingness to go to the areas where you score".

People on here will get all excited about a 50 second shift where the Nucks control the puck in the O zone yet don't generate a shot or scoring chance. It makes for great stats and looks like our guys are dominating but they're actually not achieving anything. Lots of fancy passes through legs in the corners and along the boards but always to the outside, No one wants to take the puck to the slot or beat anyone one-on-one to get into a scoring position.

Could be that the Nucks don't have enough talent to beat anyone one-on-one or they are just too used to watching pretty goals scored by passing plays where no one has to get dirty. It will be a tough culture change for Torts to bring in and may require a changing of the guard.

Very refreshing to hear from Tortorella. IF we are going to score with this current roster we need to go to the net and bang away in the gritty areas... I think Torts understands this 100%... still think we could add a sniper but in the meantime Torts will make the most with what we have.

You know what it means when teams play their back up goalies against us right? (We're a weak team in their opinion). You know what's even worse.................when their back up goalies beat us and are a star of the night!

it means they played yesterday. that's what it means.

Missed the game, and for some reason my PVR didn't record it.

From the highlights it looked like Lack played well? What about Kassian? Who played well?

If you're looking for an impression of how this game went, this place probably isn't the best place to get it.

The Canucks dominated the first period - shots 13-2 - Columbus escaped with a lead after scoring on their first opportunity.

Lack played very well after that first shot. Settled in in the second period and looked solid - was a difficult first period for him seeing virtually no action whatsover after giving up an early goal.

The team worked hard but didn't have the finish today. Lost a game where they outplayed their opponent for the most part - it happens sometimes. Nothing worth panicking about or going on endlessly about how insufficient the roster is. Columbus isn't that bad a team, Mcelhinney had a solid night in front of a team that managed two goals and an empty netter. Johansen had a hell of a game - has taken a big step forward.

Changing of the guard? How? I agree though... same thing vs boston in the SCF. We out shot them and made their goalie look amazing when he's actually a very average one. We do it to teams all the time, we have to make quality scoring chances. The weak shots to the crest of the goalies always pisses me off.

They have to hit more as well... honestly it seems like they are spending most the time blocking shots instead of focusing on hitting good clean monster hits.

hasn't been the same since the elbow from keith.

his shooting percentage is way down since then, he was typically mid teens in %

Three seasons prior to Keith's cheapshot

13 %

15 %

13 %

last year, first season post the hit, his shooting% dropped to 8.7%

This year he's at a raging 5.3%

Those ain't sniper numbers, that hit did something to him

Wow... I've noticed that too. I really do think daniel can make it back... to 13-15%... he really needs to us for us to ever want to succeed in the Sedin Era.

Only got to watch the first period, which was extremely boring.

I saw that the fourth line created a solid chance and Kassian had a solid shift. I also saw Kesler try his old "split the two defenders and get a shot" maneuver that doesn't seem to work anymore.

It would be nice to see someone make a dangle to create a clean shot. I know it's extremely hard to stick handle through a player in the NHL, there are only a handful of players in the world that can do it on a regular basis, but it should still happen more often than..well...never.

Bust a move someone, and FFS stop shooting at the goalie when half the net is open point blank.

I've been very disappointed with Kelser's play this season. His play has down right embarrassing, skate over the blue line and try that same wrist shot over and over. And yet he's still averaging over 20 min a game. Maybe a healthy scratch next game would wake him up.

Higgins, Hansen and Kassian are not top 6 forwards. that is all.

Glad you agree

Most people have been talking about the disappearances of players like D.Sedin, Booth, Kesler, etc. What about Jannik Hansen? In the past 7 games he has: 0 goals and 1 assist.

They make upwards of 5 times what Hansen makes so Hansen is a little more forgivable

We need Vanek

Just need to Gillis to grow a pair

Archived