The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official PGT] CANUCKS VS KINGS [LOSS] CBC :(

TheMohammadman

Knew they'd have a let down after that SanJose game, very typical for these guys. Hard to believe as well as they've played so far that their still only in a wild card standing. The west is rediculous, 7 of the top 10 teams are from the west.

They didn't really have a let down they just weren't prepared for LA's speed and LA capitalized on their mistakes.

On a positive note really loved the second line like they were taking the hits and created some good chances.

Good thing I missed the game tonight... My goodness Edler -3...

Me too, or i would've be swearing at Edler hoping he'd hear me through my tv. Heard our D played bad tonight, guess I can't anti-Edler tonight. Just one of those nights. Just gotta dust ourselves off and bring it against Anaheim. Lack should get the nod, Luo needs a break.

Or, the canucks simply cannot compete against this type of team and there is still a piece or two missing.

I'd hate to just dismiss it as I think there are things they need to take away from it.

It was Tortorella's first game against this type of team (LA, Boston) with hard forechecking and use of body and crashing of net. He will figure something out. It looks like Quick is taking the bottom of the net strong whenever he is playing against us. It's like he knows that we don't have many guys that can roof the puck from near distance. We need to learn from Chicago on how to beat this type of team.

Aside from the fifth, each of the Kings goals were scored by guys going strong to the net. Our cycling is pretty and all, but at some point the puck needs to get out into the slot for a scoring opportunity. The Kings (and Sharks) send guys to the net. We don't with anywhere near the same frequency. In fact, there is a website that keeps a stat of the average distance per shot of each player in the league. I'd love to see a team average, but they don't have that. I'd wager that our team average is one of the longest in the league, which would reinforce the point.

If you are really curious, why don't you download the data and sort the players out by teams and compute the average? You don't have to do it for all 30 teams, do it for LA, SJ, and Van. See if we really do shoot farther away on average than these two teams.

C'mon y'all, a bad game but not the end of the world. If we expect our players to man up and move on, we damn well should be able to the same from the comfort of our couches.

These guys have to be totally exhausted, they've had the busiest schedule in the league so far. One more tomorrow - and I expect it'll be a circle the wagons defensive game - then they finally have a proper break, the biggest so far.

Sky ain't falling, is all I'm sayin. I'm actually kind of amazed looking at the Fenwick:

Screen%20shot%202013-11-09%20at%2010.13.52%20PM.png

I liked the Torts signing when it happened, but I absolutely love it now. Canucks came out to play, if not for some ridiculous saves, many of which were flukes, this is a completely different outcome.

Even when we were down, the team kept on keeping on. Lots of pressure, lots of quality chances. Vancouver no longer rolls over to blow outs, and I ********* love it. The work ethic is being engraved into this club, and it will pay dividends over a long season and into the playoffs.

Sure we lost, it happens, but on to the next game with no love lost.

What does Schroeder have to do with anything in this game?

Your post has nothing to do with the topic.

Yea nothing to do with the fact we got out bodied by LA all night.

And nothing to do with the fact Jordan Schroeder is 5"9

And nothing to do with the fact Torts game invovles all forwards pinching the boards hard.

NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC

Yea nothing to do with the fact we got out bodied by LA all night.

And nothing to do with the fact Jordan Schroeder is 5"9

And nothing to do with the fact Torts game invovles all forwards pinching the boards hard.

NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC

So I guess you think Brendan Gallagher sucks too. What about Martin St. Louis?

It'll be hilarious watching you eat your words when Schroeder proves you wrong. He has already shown he has the skill to play in the league, and I'm sure he is a hell of a lot tougher than you.

Four shots in the third period isn't exactly incentive for parade route planning.

The decision to make the team practise in the morning after a game and the day of another game did not help matters any.

Pretty sure Torts said it was a little 20 minute practice so the guys weren't sitting in the hotel all day.

So I guess you think Brendan Gallagher sucks too. What about Martin St. Louis?

It'll be hilarious watching you eat your words when Schroeder proves you wrong. He has already shown he has the skill to play in the league, and I'm sure he is a hell of a lot tougher than you.

If Schroeder had the skill of either of those players he'd have been on the team years ago.

Archived