The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loads of comments about the Refs being out to get the Nucks!

CRUNK

If indeed you subscribe to the "Lame refs" storyline, there is but one solution

If you feel that 24 powerplays against in a 2 game so-cal swing has some merit

If you are the boys that wear the blue and green every night...there is an answer.

When an opponent is taking liberties and the refs are ignoring it and we are the ones going to the box the solution is....

PUNISH THE CRAP OUT OF THE OTHER TEAM!

The refs are gonna send you to the box anyways so the only way to stop the other teams from abusing us is to ...

No one gets away with running our goalies. If it happens once our D should be LACING thier forwards

LACING: slashing down (faceoff style) on the skate lace of anyone within 5 feet of the crease until they lose a man with broken foot bones.

Someone slashes a Sedin ...... crushing body check or even a Gordie Howe shiver elbow.

We are going to the box anyways so....need I say it.....

If indeed you subscribe to the "Lame refs" storyline, there is but one solution

If you feel that 24 powerplays against in a 2 game so-cal swing has some merit

If you are the boys that wear the blue and green every night...there is an answer.

When an opponent is taking liberties and the refs are ignoring it and we are the ones going to the box the solution is....

The refs are gonna send you to the box anyways so the only way to stop the other teams from abusing us is to ...

No one gets away with running our goalies. If it happens once our D should be LACING thier forwards

LACING: slashing down (faceoff style) on the skate lace of anyone within 5 feet of the crease until they lose a man with broken foot bones.

Someone slashes a Sedin ...... crushing body check or even a Gordie Howe shiver elbow.

We are going to the box anyways so....need I say it.....

What?

3 PP's for and 3 PP's against in Anaheim

4 PP's for and 3 PP's against in L.A.

Tell me again how the refs are out to get the Nucks?

What?

3 PP's for and 3 PP's against in Anaheim

4 PP's for and 3 PP's against in L.A.

Tell me again how the refs are out to get the Nucks?

Are you forgetting the San Jose series last year? I don't blame you if you're trying to but...

San Jose PPs: 24

Vancouver PPs: 10

Again, you can't logically explain one team getting 24 powerplays in 4 GAMES without blaming the refs.

Are you forgetting the San Jose series last year? I don't blame you if you're trying to but...

Again, you can't logically explain one team getting 24 powerplays in 4 GAMES without blaming the refs.

Stop living in the past, that was then and this is now, and the past games dictate that referees are not out to get us.

I don't think is as much as them being out to get us, as much as it is the referees being totally flabbergasted on what to call or not, and being incompetent thus

Stop living in the past, that was then and this is now, and the past games dictate that referees are not out to get us.

I don't think is as much as them being out to get us, as much as it is the referees being totally flabbergasted on what to call or not, and being incompetent thus

Oh please, don't kid yourself. 24 powerplays in 4 games is an average of 6 powerplays A GAME. Kelly Sutherland is a proven hater of the Canucks and always favours the other team when he refs Canucks games.

He said "24 powerplays against in a 2 game so-cal swing has some merit" so I was commenting on that, not the SJ series.

As for the SJ series, we were badly outplayed and weren't moving our feet, easy to call penalties when the team isn't trying. If you want to blame the refs, knock yourself out. They were the better team.

I am dissapointed that the op wasn't written in the form of a song. Please rewrite it to the tune of "If you're happy and you know it"

As for reffing in this league? It totally sucks and is far too often in favour of teams we play. Even recently (although the Nucks sucked enough to lose anyways) with Santorelli being hooked to the ice and the refs watching and not calling at pivotal moments of the games. Those were not missed calls but deliberately omitted.

Yes, I said it. A Canucks fan. Because I don't care how it makes some of you look on HF boards or whatever gets you guys defending the crappy refs in this league.

He said "24 powerplays against in a 2 game so-cal swing has some merit" so I was commenting on that, not the SJ series.

As for the SJ series, we were badly outplayed and weren't moving our feet, easy to call penalties when the team isn't trying. If you want to blame the refs, knock yourself out. They were the better team.

It's possible to call out the refs without blaming them for the losses. Yes, we sucked against San Jose, but the reffing was out of hand. Not because of the amount but the type of calls. Even TSN was irritated that a penalty on one end of the ice wasn't on the other.

Archived