The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] ducks won

Strombone1

For everyone so worried about the score it's clear the team stopped skating. Would you rather a 3-2 regulation loss or a 9-1 loss heading into a must-win in Phoenix the next day. They gave it the college try, the bounces went against them, the calls started going against them, they mailed it in. Anaheim put on a show for their home fans. On to the next one.

when would you ever want a 9-1 loss

but honestly.... how did they manage to give the Ducks a 5 on 3 for 7 minutes when it was 7-1......... and then call 2 more penalties..... i'm in awe right now, i didn't know reffing this bad existed

shhhhhh... you don't want to point this out. The morons who refuse to acknowledge this blatant anti-Canuck BS by the refs don't want you to bring this up! It is just a coincidence.....yeah! Why, 5 on 2s - 5 on 1s - happen in EVERY game!!

7+ minute PPs to our opponents 2 games in a row? Sure, just a coincidence!

:picard:

It was a laugher. So I can only laugh. Put this one in the trash and try again tomorrow.

By the way, I said last month... while they were winning... this team wasn't talented enough as is to go far. They struggle to score goals. I also said IF they got into the playoffs it would be an early exit. I got flamed for it. I stand by what I said because nothing has changed. And the current losing streak against particularly the division rival Cali teams proves that.

The Sedins had better quickly realize that it's not the Swedish Olympic Team that is committed to paying them each $7MM per year for the next 4. It seems that they are saving themselves for the Olympics next month.

For $14MM for 2 players I'd rather have 26 Santorellis for the same price. At least I'd see some hustle and commitment.

Frankly, I have been disgusted with their pathetic efforts the past several games. The next 4 years could be arduous.

The above comment is a bit tough, but tonight's game does reinforce what a bad deal the Canucks signed with the Sedins at 7 million a year each for 4 years. Right now if the Sedins are the first line, the Canucks are in trouble. They are still decent players but, given normal age-related decline, on a contending team they would be second liners, not first liners. The Sedins and Burrows are signed long term for a total of 18.5 million per year. That is way too much for a second line and all three of those guys will continue to decline over the next few years.

It would not surprise me too much to see MG fired after tonight's performance. Actually it would surprise me, but Aquilini must be thinking about it.

Holy Frack!

Well, this is what happens when a team has no identity:

2009 / 2010:

Pros: Skill and Speed. Fun to watch.

Cons: Not tough. Made other teams pay - if refs do their job.

2013/ 2014:

Pros: Sort of tough

Cons: Not enough skill, speed. Not fun to watch.

I miss the high-flying days.

But seriously, did anyone really expect a make-over (re-tool, reset, re-whatever) to work? IF a team is a great team, it is because of part-luck, part-skill in putting it together. Is it just me, or did MG just abandon the plan that got his team to the SCF in 2011 just to get tougher? Because of one series?

What happened to that plan? Get tougher. bah! who gives a rats ass about being tough if you can't score ;) Speed kills - that used to be this team's identity. Or... it was the Burke / Nonis identity for the team?

It's like MG wanted to turn his team into the Boston Bruins. He lost faith.

Hopefully this was a one-off, and the team can use it as motivation... I don't mind Torts as a coach, but I think whomever is running the power play needs to be replaced (assistant coach I guess)

when would you ever want a 9-1 loss

When you have a more important game the next night thanks to this silly schedule. Coming back from this road trip 1-2 isn't the end of the world with who the Canucks play for the rest of the month (excluding Chicago).

To be absolutley clear - the canucks alone are responsible for the loss tonight. Every team has a crap the bed kinda night and tonight was the Canucks. Don't dwell on it - don't even try to examine what went wrong - it all did. Torts need to get their minds on the next game and put this one in the past pronto

On the officiating - they did not cost the canucks the game. They were however a disgrace. With the game well over to put the canucks down 2 men for 7 minutes is probably a league first. No matter how you cut it - no legitmate hockey fan can support the officiating - it was an embarassment to the NHL

So - not blaming the refs for the loss - it is 2 completly seperate issues.

well said....two dif issues but refs actually made things worse and clearly devorski has an issue with the nucks...he shouldn't have been reffing after the la game...absurd

As much as this team needs moves to be made, I hope Gillis doesn't. His trade track record isn't good and he will only further degrade the future of this team. I hope Aquilini makes the next move and sends Gillis packing. Let the new GM make the moves. Would not mind Torts benching the Sedins for a game. THis team needs strong messages and their play has been mediocre and uninspired. I don't care what kind of character guys they are, they are not leading this team in any way.

Archived