The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You know you're an old school Canuck fan when

selkirkcraig

You woke up to the 9431st edition of the Roving Mic because your clock radio was tuned to the game on NW the night before.

Mr Mikes

the big poster/ calendars from Shoppers Drug Mart

you still have 77-78 with Shakey, Cesare, Lever, and a small moustachioed Harold on the wall

Big Al Davidson

This should take a few people back when Hughson looked like a teenager....I worked with Randy Hahn in Edmonton a couple of years after this commercial was made.

A couple of the biggest changes to me:

- actually having all the games televised. In the early days, there really weren't that many at all.

- the Internet. In the days before, there would be a game, you watched a replay if you weren't in the bathroom or kitchen, read about it in the paper the next day and then moved on. There weren't clips to analyze hits down to the microsecond for days and weeks afterwards, no 400 page forum topics about Burrows etc. By the time the next game came around, the previous one was in the past and not forgotten, but certainly no longer being analyzed. It allowed a more pure view of the next game IMO (more isolated).

Hahn used to do the dressing room interviews between periods lol. You actually worked with him in Edmonton eh Shaky, cool.

yes,, I did some colour commentary with him for the Edmonton Drillers in Houston and Portland, he is now the voice of the San Jose Sharks...worked with Al Davidson in 87 when he was at CJOR as well.

listening to Jim Robson and the young kid and ex-BC Lions, Tom Larscheid on cknw98 on a 9 volt transistor radio.

when you actually got to see a live game or on TV, the skaters didn't wear a helmet.

Lanny MacDonald's moustache

When Steamer was drafted and watching his first NHL game as a Canuck, and his last game in the NHL and as a Canuck

Guy Lafleur before his first retirement

You watched the 6 games a year that bc tv actually had games on.

haha, we didn't have cable til the late 1980's so we had those 3 channels. We went to Canucks games more often than see them on TV.

Most memorable event about going to their games is them coming out with the "V" jersey for the first time and hearing everyone in the arena laugh, that jersey design was a joke and ugly... yeah I'm THAT old.

Archived