The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marriage proposal

kassquatchian

Flame away. I love my lady with all i have to give! I want to propose, at a canucks game. March 8,2014 to be exact, it will be our 4 year anniversary. She cooks, she cleans and is a strong independant woman that not only compliments me, but puts up with me. She is from calgary, and has never been to a canucks game live. Does anyone know who imight try and contact to make this happen at the game..ya know on the big screen, embarassing, cheezy all o that awesomeness jam packed into a great evening. Thanks for any reply. Have a great day and go canucks go!

I would try contacting the office.

fanservices@canucks.com (Rogers Arena Fan Services)

Just be very, very certain that she's the kind of woman that would appreciate being proposed to in front of thousands of people. Every time we see that happen, my wife thanks me for not doing anything like that.

Pay VERY close attention to this OP

While guys think this is romantic, it is in fact the farthest thing from it. My wife always said the same thing, thanks for not doing that.

Do it before or after the game, preferably after. See if you can get access to a player and have them help.

Maybe Dalpe can help you.

Have him say how he loves Sarah Maclaughlin again, but add I know he loves you more or some such nonsense and then BAM romance ninja pop the question

Pay VERY close attention to this OP

While guys think this is romantic, it is in fact the farthest thing from it. My wife always said the same thing, thanks for not doing that.

Do it before or after the game, preferably after. See if you can get access to a player and have them help.

Maybe Dalpe can help you.

Have him say how he loves Sarah Maclaughlin again, but add I know he loves you more or some such nonsense and then BAM romance ninja pop the question

This is a great idea as well! Thanks

My wife is also glad that I didn't attempt a public proposal. I went the cliché route and proposed on Valentine's Day. No complaints, as it gave Valentine's Day, which both of us agree is a made up cash grab day for flower companies and restaurants, some legit meaning for us.

Hey, isn't Valentine's Day coming up?

Congrats on finding the woman for you!

Like others have posted, proposing at an arena is not necessarily a good idea unless you know for certain that your girlfriend would like it.

Proposing at a game might be an ideal scenario for YOU, but the context of the proposal likely doesn't matter as much to you as it does to your bride-to-be.

A lot of girls spend a lot of time dreaming about getting proposed to (thank Hollywood for that). If you love this girl (and I don't doubt that you do), come up with a proposal that fits the type of context she would like to be in. If you think she'd like to be proposed to at a game, then do that. But, if you can think of other scenarios that she would prefer, go with one of those.

Congrats, man!

I've always wondered with things like this; what happens if the other person says no?

Here you go: Should of checked the other posts first as I got beat to this but leaving it here anyway.

Aside from that video:

Firstly, Congrats!

Second, my wife also thanks me when this has happened at games that I did not go that route.

Congrats on finding a good woman, but you won't be able to propose to her at a Canucks game.

Rogers Arena and the Canucks have a strict policy against marriage proposals at a game, all they allow are birthday messages and stuff like that, which are shown on the bottom rim screen that is below the large Jumbotron screens.

I would also avoid proposing publicly, it's understandable that you love her and want to show the world how much you love her but it's a bad idea.

Archived