The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jay Leno Ends His Career on The Tonight Show This Evening

DonLever

Stopped watching the Tonight Show after Conan was booted. Did not want to see Leno come back, especially not in such a scummy manner. Would not watch a show he was in, if not for the lagging quality of the show itself, to at least avoid having to see that douchebag. Don't know that I'd watch it now that Fallon is hosting, but I suppose it's a possibility.

Both Leno and Letterman were pretty funny back in the day, I think. Especially Letterman. He had some really great stuff in the 90s.

They just haven't updated their brand of comedy. Leno especially seems tailor made for an older, upperclass audience

I don't care much for Kimmel or Ferguson (both have their moments tho). I do enjoy Fallon's music bits, though. His Neil Young and Bob Dylan impersonations are phenomenal

Hey. Show the guy some respect, at least he stuck with the same job for the past 22 years, could you?

He quit at least once during those 22 years, so he actually hasn't done that. Also, I'm only 32, but I've been in my current job for 11 years now. I'm already halfway there, and I'm a damn sight better at my job than Leno ever will be.

Wow, came into this thread hoping to see some respect and congratulations and discussion about his 22 years of television, instead its just a crap flinging contest of people who didn't even watch his show. I'm not surprised though. Leno probably has more class in his thumb then all of CDC combined (minus a few of course).

Anyways, I saw his last show tonight and I thought it was nice, Leno cried at the end talking about how his whole family died at the start of the show and how the cast of the show had become his new family. He was able to bring an old school charm to a world becoming more and more full of insecure, classless trolls.So Congrats on your successful career Leno.

Wow, came into this thread hoping to see some respect and congratulations and discussion about his 22 years of television, instead its just a crap flinging contest of people who didn't even watch his show. I'm not surprised though. Leno probably has more class in his thumb then all of CDC combined (minus a few of course).

Anyways, I saw his last show tonight and I thought it was nice, Leno cried at the end talking about how his whole family died at the start of the show and how the cast of the show had become his new family. He was able to bring an old school charm to a world becoming more and more full of insecure, classless trolls.So Congrats on your successful career Leno.

you make like Leno, you may think he's funny, but if you do a bit of research you can see that his entire career has been defined by doing whatever it takes to get ahead. he's lied more times than he's been on the air, he's been called a variation of 'backstabber' by pretty much everyone from letterman, to carson, to howard stern, to george lopez, to conan, to kimmel. pretty much everyone in the same field. even oprah called him out once or twice--that doesn't even touch on all the GUESTS who have said he's a bit of a jerk.

i know 'classy' is the go-to adjective on CDC, but i don't think it applies this time

Pretty hard to slam Leno for 22 years, but I think the best before date had long expired. Hopefully Letterman is next, his monologue is brutal. Old, corny jokes, and he looks awkward telling them. Ferguson does more with way less, however Fallon is really starting to get it, he's more connected to the 20-40 age group.

Archived