The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Bo Horvat over rated?

You look at the numbers on his team http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/show/type/skaters/ls_season/46/ls_team/14

He is fourth on his team in points. He is first in PP goals and only a +3. You don't get a minus for PK goals so on a team where Max DOmi is a +33 how can Horvat be a +3 only? He may be checking the other teams top forwards but he was supposed to be an offensive player first.

Watching the Knights game now (a small sample size I know) but there is not anything that really stands out.

I guess there are the intangibles but who in the history of the game was good player but had LOTS of intangibles? You don't want to give up on a prospect too soon but if trading him with Kes could fetch Johansen and Murray, I say go for it.

I go to school in London, Ontario and me and my friends usually go to a Knights game a month. I've seen Horvat many times and I can guarantee you he's not overrated. He's a special player and if you ever watched him play as much as I have, you'd be convinced.

Horvat will be unreal. Trust.

This year he went from offensive assignments to almost exclusively defensive assignments. Still over a PPG with less offensively inclined linemates and still the first out there to score in clutch situations and last on the ice when the team needs to defend a lead or score a goal.

Overrated? Of course he's a canucks prospect. But he's still one of the most solid prospects we've had since Bure and he's a frigging stud

You look at the numbers on his team http://www.ontarioho...n/46/ls_team/14

He is fourth on his team in points. He is first in PP goals and only a +3. You don't get a minus for PK goals so on a team where Max DOmi is a +33 how can Horvat be a +3 only? He may be checking the other teams top forwards but he was supposed to be an offensive player first.

Watching the Knights game now (a small sample size I know) but there is not anything that really stands out.

I guess there are the intangibles but who in the history of the game was good player but had LOTS of intangibles? You don't want to give up on a prospect too soon but if trading him with Kes could fetch Johansen and Murray, I say go for it.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/351381-2013-14-prospect-points-tracker/

Games on SNET for those not watching.

He hasn't been a standout tonight, as he's on a line with the Rupert brothers. This is largely a checking role assignment.

I don't understand why Tierney gets so much time, he's largely a bi-product of Andersson/ Domi - the former being a regular linemate of Bo.

Anyways, you Domi comparison fails as there is quite the difference in assignments between the two, one responsible the other just to attack, Additionally there is a table in the Horvat thread which adequately demonstrates the inverse relationship of production when Domi and Horvat play together - that being neither is productive. They're better individually, Horvat's success is not from Domi's scoring.

Its hard to judge junior numbers as they can be wildly inaccurate. But as far as CDC goes as far as what he is scouted as he is probably overrated. Most people consider him practically untouchable when he is not even a top 50 prospect in most ranks. Specifically HF.

IMO Canucks fans have had a crappy crop of prospects for years and are merely going overboard for the first decent prospect they have had in years

You look at the numbers on his team http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/show/type/skaters/ls_season/46/ls_team/14

Thanks, I just turned the game on.

btw, your link is a year old.

You're threads have been driving me crazy.

+ When a player is well over a point a game, is a faceoff wiz, played more PK minutes and took more faceoffs than anybody on Team Canada, and is arguably the best two-way forward in the OHL right now, how is Horvat overrated??

It's not like anybody is slotting him for 2C next year or anything...

Stop.

Horvat reminds me of Bergeron, same skating style and always in position and plays hard in the dirty areas. Soon as Bergeron was put on Crosby's line at the Olympics it was a beast to deal with. If Bo can be on Bergy's level and I think he can he is a keeper, you go a long way in the post season with guys like that.

You look at the numbers on his team http://www.ontarioho...n/46/ls_team/14

You also dont get a + for PP goals. And no he was so highly ranked because he was arguably the most complete player in his draft. Good size, physical, excellent in the dot, aaaaand he possesses very good vision and hands.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/drouin-gibson-lazar-lead-scouts-top-10-drafted-132446821.html

Have a look number 6.

Archived