The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Bo Horvat over rated?

Really? His shutdown abilities, gold medals and cup win in our building say otherwise

Overall I think it's dumb to compare players, Bo Horvat is Bo Horvat. What was Benn's upside being drafted in the second round, what about Zetterberg and Datzyuk. Bo's potential is up to him and not what people think it's going to be. When Bergeron was drafted, again in the second round who was his upside ceiling comparable supposed to be. All we know right now is Bo is looking like a solid pick and could be a future impact player for this franchise for years to come and thats something to look forward to

Overall I think it's dumb to compare players, Bo Horvat is Bo Horvat. What was Benn's upside being drafted in the second round, what about Zetterberg and Datzyuk. Bo's potential is up to him and not what people think it's going to be. When Bergeron was drafted, again in the second round who was his upside ceiling comparable supposed to be. All we know right now is Bo is looking like a solid pick and could be a future impact player for this franchise for years to come and thats something to look forward to

Totally agree. but to say Bergeron is overrated without being surrounded by scoring players is silly.

It's like saying The Hawks are a good team but are nothing without a goaltender. Or Crosby is a good player but nothing without a stick :)

It's apt but....

2 way hockey wins hockey games.. Bantsn u should rewatch mighty ducks! 2 way hockey!

Horvat has --> toews potential; Bergeron potential, datsyuk potential.

What do these three players have in common ? Equal play in all three zones, def, neutral and offensive. Horvat plays like them. He is a special player. I am not sayin he's as good as toews or datsyuk so don't get ur knickers in a knot.

I am just saying he is the guy who wins championships, look at his and gaunces playoff performances. Unreal. Did Horvat not score goals when they counted most? And shut down the other teams scorers? While dominating puck possession through dominant face off %

I would take a guy like Bo Horvat over a guy like max domi any day if the week.

And BanTSN I think your extremely negative or pessimistic when it comes to what we have. Horvat is not just a shut down player he is a complete player and is working to excel in all aspects if the game. 1 dimensional scorers do not win championships. They help, but it's these kinda guys that make the biggest difference.

And no Horvat is not overrated, he was under rated pre draft. He is gonna be a stud for us for years to come.

And BanTSN I think your extremely negative or pessimistic when it comes to what we have. Horvat is not just a shut down player he is a complete player and is working to excel in all aspects if the game. 1 dimensional scorers do not win championships. They help, but it's these kinda guys that make the biggest difference.
Horvat's main strength will be shutdown and this is well-known. It's how he was used in the WJC's and yes, it's good. Very good. But most teams require that... and scoring... To win. Horvat's scoring is there, but he is not as slick as a Toews. Not by a long shot.

Really? His shutdown abilities, gold medals and cup win in our building say otherwise

He's not doing anything on his own is all i meant. Not quite a franchise guy, but excellent work ethic and heart, kinda like Kesler. Needs help.

I'll be happy if Horvat does that for us. But then we'll need more. Hopefully by implementing a serious rebuild plan using the stacked 2015 draft.

He's not doing anything on his own is all i meant. Not quite a franchise guy, but excellent work ethic and heart, kinda like Kesler. Needs help.

I'll be happy if Horvat does that for us. But then we'll need more. Hopefully by implementing a serious rebuild plan using the stacked 2015 draft.

Agreed to that. I think Horvat is a safe bet and I think he was the right pick especially if we are rebuilding as he can lead this team and be our bergeron/toews comparable guy

Horvat's main strength will be shutdown and this is well-known. It's how he was used in the WJC's and yes, it's good. Very good. But most teams require that... and scoring... To win. Horvat's scoring is there, but he is not as slick as a Toews. Not by a long shot.

You are comparing a 25 year old 6-7 year NHL vet to a 19 year old OHLer, interesting.

I go to school in London, Ontario and me and my friends usually go to a Knights game a month. I've seen Horvat many times and I can guarantee you he's not overrated. He's a special player and if you ever watched him play as much as I have, you'd be convinced.

Horvat will be unreal. Trust.

And coming from a Leafs fan, thanks for that....Horvat is a stud.

Gretzky, Orr, and Crosby are generational talents. Toews is just a very good two-way forward.

No Toews is much more than that. Kesler is a very good two way forward, Toews is a generational hero in my eyes. He is a true leader and is a hero.

Toews should have been the captain of team canada and in my eyes he looked to be the go to guy both in 2010 and in 2014. He has 2 stanley cups, and was a hero in WJC. At the end of his career he will be a hall of famer and go down as one of the best hockey players to play the game that is more than a good to way forward

Toews is a generational talent with true leadership. Gretzky and Orr are dynasty players, and Crosby is looking like he's going to be one too. True I don't think Toews is as good as them but calling him just a "very good two-way forward" is an incredibly underrated description of him.

Archived