The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins and Burrows the next four years

bigtganks

We can't do anything about the past whether you agree or not with all of Gillis' moves. Starting today here's easily my biggest concern and I'm leaning on you all for hope...

What do we do and what realistically can this organization do if the Sedins and Burrows continue to produce very very little. I realize many of you may say they'll bounce back. But if not... What are our options?? (whether Gillis is or isn't the GM).

We know they're completely untradeable at 7M a year for four years (or Burr at 4.5). What do you see happening? Are we just stuck? Would we waive them? We can't amnesty anyone else anymore can we? What do we do if they're producing 20pt seasons next year?

I need hope for these next four years for our $18.5M top line that has completely dried up. I think these contracts are far more untradeable than Luongos because at least he produced.

We can't do anything about the past whether you agree or not with all of Gillis' moves. Starting today here's easily my biggest concern and I'm leaning on you all for hope...

We know they're completely untradeable at 7M a year for four years (or Burr at 4.5). What do you see happening? Are we just stuck? Would we waive them? We can't amnesty anyone else anymore can we? What do we do if they're producing 20pt seasons next year?

We used up one on Ballard last season, we can use one more this upcoming off-season. After this off-season, no more amnesty buyouts can be used.

We used up one on Ballard last season, we can use one more this upcoming off-season. After this off-season, no more amnesty buyouts can be used.

I'm thinking burrows or even a sedin makes far more sense to amnesty than booth since their lack of production is pretty much the same but the top line term is way longer. Right?

If that is the case then we will be forced to rebuild. Bringing in young guys will clear up cap space and negate their 18 million. When we are ready to contend again their contracts will be up.

Right. But CAN WE NEGATE those deals? If so, how? Are we just stuck with this top line for four years no matter what?

Right. But CAN WE NEGATE those deals? If so, how? Are we just stuck with this top line for four years no matter what?

Yeah we're stuck with them. We could use a buyout on Burrows. If we're rebuilding the Sedins 14 million won't make a difference.

Buyout Burrows? Easily our 2nd best player on the PK? the guy that does everything asked of him except score? Buyout the Sedins? before getting some backup so they don't have to play 22min per game and can go back to 19 where they are best? Try not using the twins as a shutdown line?

To many different variables that are affecting their play like the fact start of the year they were fine with shoot 1st Kes on the RW who also works for the cycle...Not the end of the world expect a far more fired up team next year with some youth and a UFA to slot in somewhere(hopefully 2nd C) this year will end up being forgotten

Also remember only 1 player up to this point has played every game and its Garrison(knock on wood) so its not like there are not other factors involved

What do we do and what realistically can this organization do if the Sedins and Burrows continue to produce very very little. I realize many of you may say they'll bounce back. But if not... What are our options?? (whether Gillis is or isn't the GM).

I need hope for these next four years for our $18.5M top line that has completely dried up. I think these contracts are far more untradeable than Luongos because at least he produced.

Burrows will start producing. I'm not an apologist for him and really have been disappointed, but there is no doubt that with the chances he has had that he will start putting some of them in; its just a question of when. Anyone suggesting to buyout burrows is laughable. Even without production he is still very valuable to the team.

This is one horrific season for these 3 so let's not jump the guns and call them useless and excess baggage. Just treat this season as a learning process for Torts and the players. When there is more time/cap space in the offseason, get the right pieces and they will get rolling again next season. We may not get the same production from them like a few years ago but they are far from excess baggage to be disposed of. It's up to the coach to use them properly, whether it's line combinations or TOI. I think Torts is also learning.

Buying them out is completely out of the question. Sedins just signed new deals and buying one of them out will make our organization a complete classless blackhole. Burrows just had a very tough season but when healthy he did everything he's asked to do except scoring.

Whether re-tool or re-build, some veteran presence will be needed and I can't see anyone better than the Sedins to do that.

Use the buyout on Daniel, and Henrik will waive his NMC to go wherever his brother ends up. For sure it would be an unpopular move but the last thing this team needs is two 40 point players who get 7 million each against the cap. At least Burrows' cap hit is 2.5 million less and he's good at other things when he's not scoring.

Archived