The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Santorelli's Next Contract

Easton76

Had no clue what would he bring to this team but quickly became one of my favourite players. Works hard, very creative with the puck and can win draws.

2013-14 Vancouver Canucks* NHL 49 10 18 28 6

For league minimum salary, those are very respectable numbers.

The most I would give him is 2.5mil each year for 2/3 years.

Possible lineup with him resigned:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Shinkaruk - Santorelli - Higgins

Hansen - Horvat.Matthias - Burrows

Sestito - Matthias/Dalpe - Richardson

(Kesler traded for prospects and picks.)

Do you think the Canucks will resign him?

I hate when you guys say trade Kesler. He is our best player ainec. Without him we would be contention for the first overall pick

I think Hank and Dank are better overall players than Kesler, so it's not fair to say it's not even close.

In fact, Kesler could not be producing and the Canucks would still be winning if the twins didn't have such a injury riddled season.

I think Hank and Dank are better overall players than Kesler, so it's not fair to say it's not even close.

In fact, Kesler could not be producing and the Canucks would still be winning if the twins didn't have such a injury riddled season.

So what you're saying is, Kesler is our best player this season

Loved what he brought to the team but it would be a complete mistake to re-sign him, unless it's at the league minimum for a press box seat. We really need to get rid Hansen as it is anyways to make room for real players. Typical MG though he'll sign him without thinking about where he'll play, just like the rest of the legion of tweeners.

why not let him earn it .. 1.2 for 1 year .... if he proves himself he gets 2 years at 2 plus

I meant 2 million TOTAL....so 1 million per year.

Plus if we sign him to just one year and he gets the expected 40-50 point production he has shown being capable of...expect he would want 2.5+.

Archived