The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

Is theScore mainly NBA? I unfollowed them because that's literally all they post about. 

I'll take it your talking about Twitter? I don't follow them but I use their app for news and scores for all sports. The thing I like most is the teams I favorite I get all their news on pop ups.

24 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I'll take it your talking about Twitter? I don't follow them but I use their app for news and scores for all sports. The thing I like most is the teams I favorite I get all their news on pop ups.

Yeah Twitter and Facebook. Ill look into the app.

Edited by Xbox

57 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Yeah Twitter and Facebook. Ill look into the app.

I've never followed any big sports companies tbh, just download their apps instead. I've used TheScore for 4 or 5 years, I tried Sportsnet's and hated it, TheScore imo is perfect for every sports fan, and like I said you just favorite a team or player and get all their news sent to you on pop ups instead of searching for them which is nice.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I've never followed any big sports companies tbh, just download their apps instead. I've used TheScore for 4 or 5 years, I tried Sportsnet's and hated it, TheScore imo is perfect for every sports fan, and like I said you just favorite a team or player and get all their news sent to you on pop ups instead of searching for them which is nice.

I'm starting to see now that my phone is too old to handle a lot of the most basic apps which is kinda sad. I can't even update the TSN app (which I used to use). I really need to go to Telus and get a newer phone at some point.

Edited by Xbox

13 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I'm starting to see now that my phone is too old to handle a lot of the most basic apps which is kinda sad. I can't even update the TSN app (which I used to use). I really need to go to Telus and get a newer phone at some point.

What kind of phone? Make sure your apps and phone are updated.

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

What kind of phone? Make sure your apps and phone are updated.

iPhone 5. I've heard the phone is too slow to update to iOS10 which is why some of the apps are starting to lag. For a 2012 phone it was pretty good up until this year.

And how about that 2 out grand slam eh? Out of everyone it's the LF who gets it :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/BlueJays/videos/10154626627978772/

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

iPhone 5. I've heard the phone is too slow to update to iOS10 which is why some of the apps are starting to lag. For a 2012 phone it was pretty good up until this year.

And how about that 2 out grand slam eh? Out of everyone it's the LF who gets it :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/BlueJays/videos/10154626627978772/

Oh iPhone poo i stay away from those things. I got the Google Nexus 5, 2013 no problems works smooth and fast still.

Yeah funny, but good to see though!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Oh iPhone poo i stay away from those things. I got the Google Nexus 5, 2013 no problems works smooth and fast still.

Yeah funny, but good to see though!

2013? Give it one more year ;) But it's funny that you mention Google though as thats the one brand that could actually pull me away from the iPhone family. I'm debating between a new iPhone and the Google Pixel.

If Pompey is hurt for a bit I wouldnt mind Ceciliani getting the extended look. I don't mind Pearce in LF but that opens up a slot at 1B for you know who...

Saw someone on Twitter suggest Travis to 1B and Goins to 2B. Thoughts? I know the cons (height) but if it works out maybe he could be less injury prone at 1B. 

Edited by Xbox

25 minutes ago, Xbox said:

2013? Give it one more year ;) But it's funny that you mention Google though as thats the one brand that could actually pull me away from the iPhone family. I'm debating between a new iPhone and the Google Pixel.

If Pompey is hurt for a bit I wouldnt mind Ceciliani getting the extended look. I don't mind Pearce in LF but that opens up a slot at 1B for you know who...

Saw someone on Twitter suggest Travis to 1B and Goins to 2B. Thoughts? I know the cons (height) but if it works out maybe he could be less injury prone at 1B. 

Yeah probably eh lol, the only thing that sucks with my phone is no extended memory didn't know. I used to own an HTC phone which I liked even more might go back to them once this one kicks it.

I'd rather get more pitching help then more outfielders. Pearce, Upton and Carrera can cover the outfield even Barney can help if needed for. Rather have Goins up over him.

Smoak is going to start there and be given a chance, will see what happens I believe he will fail but time will tell. I see Morales and Pearce covering 1B, but I do see JB playing there eventually as well which gives Pearce the outfield. I'm a no at Travis at 1B, tbh I see him best as a DH.

7 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah probably eh lol, the only thing that sucks with my phone is no extended memory didn't know. I used to own an HTC phone which I liked even more might go back to them once this one kicks it.

I'd rather get more pitching help then more outfielders. Pearce, Upton and Carrera can cover the outfield even Barney can help if needed for. Rather have Goins up over him.

Smoak is going to start there and be given a chance, will see what happens I believe he will fail but time will tell. I see Morales and Pearce covering 1B, but I do see JB playing there eventually as well which gives Pearce the outfield. I'm a no at Travis at 1B, tbh I see him best as a DH.

Very true. There's too many question marks in the outfield right now. Speaking of outfield, how in the hell is Pillar killing it so hard!? .355AVG and .444OBP

Damn Pillar keep that up (which is unlikely) and we have our leadoff guy. Been doing a great job playing leadoff in spring.

Edited by Xbox

27 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Very true. There's too many question marks in the outfield right now. Speaking of outfield, how in the hell is Pillar killing it so hard!? .355AVG and .444OBP

Damn Pillar keep that up (which is unlikely) and we have our leadoff guy. Been doing a great job playing leadoff in spring.

He did this last year too they were trying him out as lead off and he was ripping it up looked like a no brainier, then as the season got going reality kicked back in. He's just to eager to hit the ball all the time doesn't have the patience to be a lead off, hopefully he proves me wrong and has adjusted his approach. He could easily be a great lead off if he wanted to be.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Upvote 1

Anyone watching USA - Puerto Rico?

Down by 3 in the top of the 9th, Brandon Crawford hits a 2 run double and foolishly tries to stretch it into a triple. He is thrown out a third by a foot, but the ump calls him safe...

There's been some pretty sketchy umping in the WBC.

Luckily, the next hitter strikes out, but the closer got one more out than he should have.... 

11 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Anyone watching USA - Puerto Rico?

Down by 3 in the top of the 9th, Brandon Crawford hits a 2 run double and foolishly tries to stretch it into a triple. He is thrown out a third by a foot, but the ump calls him safe...

There's been some pretty sketchy umping in the WBC.

Luckily, the next hitter strikes out, but the closer got one more out than he should have.... 

Can't even watch that crap... no interest really in Olympic pro sports either...

On another topic; I've been working lots lately, so I was just wondering, who has looked great/surprised at spring training and how are we looking overall? 

1 hour ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Can't even watch that crap... no interest really in Olympic pro sports either...

On another topic; I've been working lots lately, so I was just wondering, who has looked great/surprised at spring training and how are we looking overall? 

working a lot eh ?

you do know that jb has a bonus clause in his contract should the jays attendance reach certain thresholds

i also heard a rumor that he is entitled to half of your income over a certain threshold

can you please let us know what that threshold is? the reports i have read are a bit sketchy on that point :P

Edited by coastal.view