The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

16 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

this team would be so better off if they had made that move for Blackmon. it avoids the whole platoon situation at LF where it's been a mess. Pearce, Carrera have been great with the bat but not sure if they handle the speed and athleticism needed to be a good LFer. they should explore that option again by this TDL or at best the offseason where they need a guy who is great on the outfield and has some pop and good piece of hitting

They wanted Stroman+, one of Bichette or Urena. 

As good as Blackmon would be, our pitching would take a major hit without Stroman.

Now that I'm done taking a good natured jab at the Yankee fan, back on the topic of the sad-sack Jays.

Yesterday there were reports of teams kicking the tires on Joey Bats. Now I'm not sure what he'd bring, but if you're Shatkins, it something you would have to look at. JB can veto any trade, but I bet he'd take a look at being part of a winning situation.

Last season there was talk of a deal with the Dodgers, but now that they have Bellinger, that's probably of the table. The D-Backs are a possibility, but I think it's more likely an AL team that is thinking outfield/DH.

9 hours ago, shiznak said:

They wanted Stroman+, one of Bichette or Urena. 

As good as Blackmon would be, our pitching would take a major hit without Stroman.

Right now I think I would do Stroman for Blackmon straight up if Colorado would. Donaldson and Stroman could get us a ton.