The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

21 hours ago, Baer. said:

Bitcoin crashing, get ready for cheap used gpu's flooding the market soon :towel:

Nvidia cards aren't more expensive because of Bitcoin, it's because of other cryptocurrencies.

AMD cards could go down in price.

Edited by Xbox

Addicted to Star Wars Battlefront 2. Except for over powered Palpatine and a few other annoying things its a fun game.

Lots of depth and I actually like the slow progression (which I think they are changing). Makes you think about where you want to apply your in game currency on star cards to power up your classes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AV's Coin said:

Addicted to Star Wars Battlefront 2. Except for over powered Palpatine and a few other annoying things its a fun game.

Lots of depth and I actually like the slow progression (which I think they are changing). Makes you think about where you want to apply your in game currency on star cards to power up your classes.

Is that game still as much of a Micro-transaction f fest as I have originally heard it was?

On 2/11/2018 at 12:28 AM, Chris said:

Is that game still as much of a Micro-transaction f fest as I have originally heard it was?

The game was built around micro transactions and removing them the way they did made the game a grind fest. It was designed around micro transactions and simply removing them wasn't the correct solution. There's a reason it hasn't sold very well.

There is definitely too much winging in gaming. There are only a few star cards that are a must so if someone wants to drop an extra $100 to unlock them then thats on them. It probably only takes a week or two to get the ones you need.

Regular troops dont need any upgrades except maybe extra health cards or cards that help you get heroes before other players take them. The rest of the star cards dont really matter for regular troops.

There are several cards that are a must for heroes as well and those are the ones that get your health back that was lost. I dont agree with having to use $10k to $15k of credits to unlock some of the heroes however. That did take a while and used up credits that I could otherwise spend on star card upgrades.

I play a lot of battlefield but have not touched BF1 since battlefront 2 came out. Its a fun game with a lot of depth and free expansions.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2017 at 7:37 PM, Baer. said:

My buddy highly recommended this game. I was thinking of picking it up since it's on sale on Steam. Maybe lemme know what you think?

I know it's been two months but I finally got around to playing the game. Despite what others say I actually really like it.

On 2/28/2018 at 9:26 AM, Xbox said:

I know it's been two months but I finally got around to playing the game. Despite what others say I actually really like it.

Are you talking about Ghost Recon Wildlands? I have been watching videos on the PvP add on called Ghost Wars. Looks good and I want to try it but you have to buy the base game plus the Ghost War expansion. Maybe if it all goes on sale.

Also concerned with how many people are still playing? Have you tried the it??

8 hours ago, AV's Coin said:

Are you talking about Ghost Recon Wildlands? I have been watching videos on the PvP add on called Ghost Wars. Looks good and I want to try it but you have to buy the base game plus the Ghost War expansion. Maybe if it all goes on sale.

Also concerned with how many people are still playing? Have you tried the it??

Yeah that's the game I just got. Ghost Wars is actually in the base game so no need for the expansion packs to play it.

I haven't tried the PvP yet. I've just been playing through the story missions solo and I've really enjoyed it so far, lots of great things about the game. I was going to beat the game first before getting in to the Ghost Wars. It still gets updates from Ubisoft so it has a good player base. I actually returned it on steam because I didn't want to deal with the Uplay crap so I play this game on Xbox.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, luckyjack said:

Play Mount and Blade Warband from time to time. I used to play this on the PC and recently discovered it had been releaed on PS4! A game well ahead of its time.

Yeah I've never heard of it before and one day it was on sale in the PSN store for like 14bucks so I figured why not.  I loved it and eventually bought it again on PC to try out the Game of Thrones mods for it which is pretty awesome.  I can't wait for the next installment, Bannerlord.  

Got a free trial for the Xbox Play Anywhere program so going to play some Sea of Thieves with some pirate mates tomorrow. Doesn't look like a long lasting game, but should be fun for a few hours.

Finally a decent cross platform game as well. I've missed playing with Xbox friends since I made the switch to the PC last year.

On 3/20/2018 at 12:42 AM, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Got a free trial for the Xbox Play Anywhere program so going to play some Sea of Thieves with some pirate mates tomorrow. Doesn't look like a long lasting game, but should be fun for a few hours.

Finally a decent cross platform game as well. I've missed playing with Xbox friends since I made the switch to the PC last year.

State of Decay 2 is also cross platform. Comes out late May :) 

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/21/2018 at 2:30 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Hey guys, play Hearts of Iron 4. It's crazy! This is the Asian theater right now I've got going on. The Soviet Comitern is massive, almost half the world after Germany got crushed and Stalin propped up a bunch of puppet nations:

How long does an average game last?  I've actually never played the Hearts of Iron series.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

How long does an average game last?  I've actually never played the Hearts of Iron series.

It varies. It calculates a score for every country when you quit the game, whoever has the highest score is the winner. Or the game ultimately at the end of 1950, I think, and calculates a score based on economy, military, countries/states/provinces you hold. It depends how you want to play it, I suppose. In the game there I could've quit after 1943 when the Soviets steamrolled Hitler, but I played on. When the peace negotiations came into play, they had far bigger influence because of their contribution to WW2 and basically hijacked Europe installing puppet states. The Comintern was literally 20 countries strong including most of Europe. It's about 1950 in my game now, I've toppled Stalin, they've suffered over 20 million military casualties. 

It's really a crazy game. You can also do the unhistorical version and become a fascist United States if you want and alliance with Hitler or form your own faction. But of course if it's the unhistorical version, democracy might take over in Germany, or the communists take hold. 

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

It varies. It calculates a score for every country when you quit the game, whoever has the highest score is the winner. Or the game ultimately at the end of 1950, I think, and calculates a score based on economy, military, countries/states/provinces you hold. It depends how you want to play it, I suppose. In the game there I could've quit after 1943 when the Soviets steamrolled Hitler, but I played on. When the peace negotiations came into play, they had far bigger influence because of their contribution to WW2 and basically hijacked Europe installing puppet states. The Comintern was literally 20 countries strong including most of Europe. It's about 1950 in my game now, I've toppled Stalin, they've suffered over 20 million military casualties. 

It's really a crazy game. You can also do the unhistorical version and become a fascist United States if you want and alliance with Hitler or form your own faction. But of course if it's the unhistorical version, democracy might take over in Germany, or the communists take hold. 

Sounds like a blast.  I'll have to check it out.  I'm guessing that the U.S. can't go on a nuking spree after the end of WW2 though.... :lol:

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Sounds like a blast.  I'll have to check it out.  I'm guessing that the U.S. can't go on a nuking spree after the end of WW2 though.... :lol:

Certainly! You can fire V2 type rockets around the map once '45 rolls around and the development of basic jet engines. I smoked both Stalingrad and Moscow when I was pushing in from the east, totally obliterated the infrastructure in two of their most heavily dense states.