The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Leo Komarov and Peter Mueller returning to NHL next season

@CraigCustance

A couple of interesting free agent options returning to NHL this year - Leo Komarov & Peter Mueller. Mueller led Swiss league in goals.

They each played in Europe this season.

Komarov had 12 goals and 34 points in 52 games. He could be an effective third or fourth line player that can agitate.

Mueller scored 24 goals for Kloten tying him for the league lead and had 46 points in 49 games. That point total was good for third in the league.

Mueller has always interested me. He's big, he's a centre and he has some nice skills.

Obvious red flag being his injury history.

He could be a decent stop-gap after a Kesler trade until Horvat/2014 1st rounder are ready for top 6 minutes..

2 years 3 million?

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Higgins Mueller Kassian

Hansen Horvat Burrows

Matthias Richardson Sestito

Probably easier to just sign Santorelli...

Mueller is a guy definitely worth looking at. Low-risk project signing for any team with anywhere from low-high reward.

Could see Panthers or Islanders giving him a chance.

I don't see him going to the Panthers after he had a tough season there before he went Europe. The Panthers also weren't actively negotiating with him after his contract had expired. He needs a fresh somewhere else and I could see him going to a team in the Western Conference, maybe a team like the Flames?

So is komarov go back to toronto? Seems like a good guy but dont think we need any more third liners lol

I heard that he wasn't going to Toronto in an earlier report, but he'd be a good pick up for another team.

Maybe Mueller can be Trev/Benn's "player who helps us now"

That way we get maximum picks/prospects from our pending deals and don't have to worry about getting any established talent.

Saves us money too, we lose a high end contract and replace it with prospects and and a one year deal.

I always thought offensive players get a raw deal with the Coyotes, Turris and Mueller being the examples, If Turris can turn it around maybe Mueller can too?

I'd love a Thornton-Richardson-Komarov line season.

Out with Kesler and Hansen, come Palmeiri on 3rd. Kassian on 2nd. Let Burrows stay on 1st for the RWs. Top 6 LW on 2nd, Higgins on 3rd. I'm honestly fine with Matthias filling the 2nd C void for the meantime.

IF, & let's say if we do pick up Reinhart at TDD, let's not make the same decision as the Oilers and rush him like they did with RNH. Draisital is the only top centerman that's ready to play in the NHL if youaren't patient.

Mueller is nice, but he'd definitely be less cheaper than Santorelli.

I've been a fan of Mueller and was sad he left last year. He really has the potential to be a solid 2nd/3rd C if he gets his game together again. Hope he can stay healthy to prove that. The intriguing part is that he'll probably be signed to a 1- or 2-year deal for a very low amount now...

Don't even get me started on Komarov. That would be a miniature dream-come-true if we would be smart enough to land him. I'm telling you, he's one of the best options for 3rd/4th line out there + he's a heart & should team guy and very respected amongst teammates.

Archived