The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Was Pat Quinn at the Leafs game tonight?

ShakyWalton

Some strange things tonight as the Leafs honored Pat Quinn during their first home game since his passing last Sunday..Puck Daddy and the National Post reports the strange events.....

Quinn played for Toronto, he wore No. 23.

-The Maple Leafs scored with 23 seconds left in the first period, then again 23 seconds into the second period.

-When Washington scored its first goal of the game later in the second period, Toronto scored again ... 23 seconds later.

-This was Toronto's 23rd game of the season, and the Maple Leafs fired 23 shots on goal.

There were some other tributes that went on, according to the National Post:

The Maple Leafs held a moment of silence for the Hamilton, Ont., native followed by a video montage of memorable clips from Quinn’s playing and coaching careers prior to the singing of the national anthems.

Toronto players wore a patch — a green clover with Quinn’s initials in white — on the shoulder of their jerseys.

So good GM.

But yeah, very strange coincidences. So many that it kind of does send a shiver. Still having a hard time processing that he's gone - was just like that in relation to getting any warning...I mean, I know we got word he wasn't well but who knew we'd have to say goodbye so abruptly? Gutted.

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/commentary/396/the_23_phenomenon.html

I first heard of the 23 enigma from William S Burroughs, author of Naked Lunch, Nova Express, etc. According to Burroughs, he had known a certain Captain Clark, around 1960 in Tangier, who once bragged that he had been sailing 23 years without an accident. That very day, Clark’s ship had an accident that killed him and everybody else aboard. Furthermore, while Burroughs was thinking about this crude example of the irony of the gods that evening, a bulletin on the radio announced the crash of an airliner in Florida, USA. The pilot was another captain Clark and the flight was Flight 23.

Archived