The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carl Neill | D

HowYaDrouin

5 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

I won't be surprised if McEneny or another prospect gets packaged with someone for a Offensive forward. I could see something like Edler-McEneny to Tampa for one of their forwards. Or Toronto is another option. Hutton-McEneny for a couple young forward prospects.

Unfortunately I believe Toronto wants to hold onto their three headed beast of Matthews, Marner and Nylander... And so they should.

Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports  4m4 minutes ago

Just talked with #Canucks prospect and Charlottetown defenseman Carl Neill who has to sign by June 1st or he goes back into the Draft.

Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports  4m4 minutes ago

Neill says he will do everything in his power to sign with the #Canucks, "It's my #1 choice to sign with Vancouver."

Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports  3m3 minutes ago

Neill says he's happy with the season he's had, "the #Canucks have given me positive feedback."

7 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Don't recall hearing JB ever mention Neill or Olson, but would think they'd be more interested in signing the former if they are only able to choose one.

The article I linked earlier has most of Benning quotes on Neill from this year.

Generally the tone is pretty positive and it seems like they've had him on the radar for a contract for months, although recent signings may have supplanted Neill in the depth order and lessened the urgency to get a deal done. Still, I expect he'll be signed, based on what Benning has said and how Neill has performed.

That link again: https://canucksarmy.com/2017/04/05/will-the-canucks-sign-carl-neill/

18 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Don't recall hearing JB ever mention Neill or Olson, but would think they'd be more interested in signing the former if they are only able to choose one.

Yeah, you'd have to think if we're only signing one...

Though it actually seems him and Raddysh are fairly similar players. Would they won't both? One over the other?

5 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Canucks don't have the luxury atm to let prospects walk.  Neill is worth the game with his right handed shot and ability to run a powerplay.

If it's between a draft pick and an undrafted player, roughly equal in development and value, there's no real loss of assets.

Last night, I watched Neil and Brisebois Stats, last 31 games with Charlottetown......

Neil         (20) 6'1 200 31g 3 20 23 pts +19

Brisebois(19) 6'3 190 31g 7 22 29 pts +27

Same team at the same time and Brisebois is a shutdown D. I'll watch both.....next training camp!!!

Archived