The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What trade is in the works?

Noseforthenet

Right now, there's actually a 23 man roster all made if we include Baertschi, Clendening, and Corrado making the team. Is there a trade in the works? If so, are we packaging a little bit of depth for a top 6 forward?

Also, I kind of have a feeling Jordan Subban is going to blow the doors off of training camp, forcing a trade of one of our right sided dmen.

I thought Jordan Subban did very well in the pre season last year. I was at the SJS game when he powered a slapshot from the point in.

Was really happy to see his first of many NHL goals.

I do agree that he might surprise people and challenge for a spot.

Hopefully opening up a roster spot for a rookie...so the domino to fall I hope is Chris Higgins

Higgins for a pick would be great

I think we're set for now, but I could see the team move Higgins (if the team feels Jake is ready), Hammer, Vrbata (1st & prospect each) and Prust(?) at the trade deadline.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Sven - Bones - Vrbata
Higgins - Horvat - Vey (I don't trust Linden at center, let him learn the gritty game from his line-mates)
Hansen - Prust - Dorsett (Prust played center in Montreal and Calgary)

Edler - Tanev
Hammer - R.H.D. (Weber/ Clendening/ Corrado)
Sbisa - R.H.D.
Bart

Miller
Markstrom

Not the worst roster, just depends on what kind of return we can get though to see how the team will become.

Somebody has got to be traded before season start.

We already have a full 19 man roster with Markstrom, Clendening, Corrado and Kenins as the extra 4 - and none are waiver exempt as far as I know.

If Virtanen is given a 9 game try out, somebody would have to be waived or conveniently injured (on IR) until his 9 games are up.

Same goes for Grenier. I don't think he is waiver exempt and Benning is high on him, so I can't see JB risking losing him. With the Comets making the final this past season, other NHL teams will be well aware of our young talent...

If Cassels gets a look at 4th line center, that's another spot that needs to be freed up.

Anyone else earns a spot (Gaunce, Subban...) and we may have to purge quite a few of our vets.

Could also trade a vet or 2 for picks, or trade 2 or 3 vets for 1 really good player.

Should be an interesting summer.

Getting rid of Higgins and Burrows would be pretty high on my list.

Good luck dumping those ridiculous salaries though.

Ya, absolutely no one in the NHL would want Higgins at 2.5 million.

Teams would be interested in Burrows', there were multiple teams interested in KB3........

Resigning Weber was a mistake, he is a liability and he doesn't know how to play defensive hockey. Key word defensive! I see Weber finishing the year as a minus player. I'm still shocked why they signed Weber when they had Clendenning and Corrado.

Yet you think Bo-Sang should have been given a shot.

Resigning Weber was a mistake, he is a liability and he doesn't know how to play defensive hockey. Key word defensive! I see Weber finishing the year as a minus player. I'm still shocked why they signed Weber when they had Clendenning and Corrado.

SHOULD HAVE

Also his great slap shot was shut down by Flames, so what makes you think teams won't re-watch the videos and shut down Weber's shot again?

Cuz teams are watching videos on how to shut down Weber....

is it open to buyout a player all summer or has the window closed as much as i like burrows him making 4.5 is way to much we should trade him retain 1.5 mill teams would want him at 3. if not buy him out and trade higgins for a third next yr opens up 5.5 more in cap trade weber sign franson and we still have a ton of space plus next yr hamhuis and vrbata are gone lets get max value at deadline

Archived