The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you... ?

C.Schneider

Who would you pick?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After watching a refreshing season opener against the Lame... I mean Flames, I know many of us Canucks' fans are ecstatic about our future players.

What occured to me yesterday is how similar we are to the Flames in terms of our core future assets. Although the Flames ones are more established at this point, we might have very similar valued players ourselves.

Now let me ask you four simple questions, and try to answer them without your homer glasses on.

Would you swap... ?

- Bo Horvat for Sean Monahan?

- Ben Datsyuk Karlsson Hutton for Dougie Hamilton?

- Jared McCann for Sam Bennett?

And although there is some discrepancy in this comparison...

- Jake Virtanen for Johnny Gaudreau?

If so, state your reason!

Yes, yes, and yes.

Horvat for Monahan is a difficult choice, but Monahan has the potential to be a top-tier offensive player, and I think his edge in offence over Horvats slight edge in defence would be worth making the switch for.

Hutton for Hamilton and McCann for Bennett are no-brainers to be honest.

Virtanen for Gaudreau too?

Yup.

I am actually incredibly jealous of the young talent Calgary has been able to put together.

Also, make a poll imo.

Wait until the end of this season. Calgary wont be taking anyone by surprise this year.

No, Horvat is the leader we have been waiting for

No, I hear Dougie won't block shot/ does not like to be hit

No, Similar players, seen more of McCann, like what I see, no point in trading

No, Johnny is small, Van has needed that big winger almost forever

If I was a Calgary fan

No, love Sean

No, Ben who

No, Bennett is my man

Yes, Seen this Virt guy in Calgary would love that size and skill on my team

Horvat, Dougie, Bennett, Johnny.

Don't get me wrong, I love the canuck kids, but the young guys the flames have are in my opinions slightly... higher quality.

Dougie is a force, and still young. If Hutton continues to develop he could be a elite offense D man, but thats a big if.

Bennett and McCann is tough, but I would take Bennett.

Johnny hockey is something special. St. Louis is one of my all time greats, and the kid reminds me of him.

Take off your homer goggles people,

Yes to first 3

No to Johnny Hockey.

Homer glasses? Horvat will be equal or better overall then monahan. Horvat showed last tear he could line up against anyone, including toews and crosby. He has shown huge steps jn his offensive game and if looks to be increasing upwards based on the expectation of increased ice time(hes already against top forwards just not defense yet)

Horvat is equal to canucks as linden was. He is the future

Homer glasses? Horvat will be equal or better overall then monahan. Horvat showed last tear he could line up against anyone, including toews and crosby. He has shown huge steps jn his offensive game and if looks to be increasing upwards based on the expectation of increased ice time(hes already against top forwards just not defense yet)

Horvat is equal to canucks as linden was. He is the future

As much as I love Horvat, I have to disagree..

Monahan will most likely have a better career offensively than Horvat and is pretty damn good at his 2-way game as well. Like Horvat, he shows great leadership abilities and will eventually be captain of the Flames.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Yes would be a good answer, but NO. It's too early to tell still with all of them. Horvat is bigger, far stronger, and has a more complete game than Bennett. Horvat could probably outmuscle Monahan too and we don't know yet but Horvat's offensive ceiling could be on par with Monahan's down the road. Monahan only has two seasons under his belt wether or not he's scored 30 goals already. Virtanen has almost as much offensive flair as Gaudreau with three times the size and nastiness. At this point D. Hamilton is better than Hutton but too early to tell with both of them.

NO

NO

NO

our guys will be better than them when they hit there stride. I dont like D Hamilton our guys is far better in every way.the smurf they have is no where near gonna be as good as last year an is too small for extended length of time he will be gone in 4 or 5 if he does not get injured earlier the west is a beast full of big fast talented bruising players I stay with all our guys live an die with them in for the long haul here.

Archived