The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you... ?

C.Schneider

Who would you pick?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes. Right now Monahan is better than Horvat but that may just be cause of the opportunities he's had. Regardless 60+ points is impressive.

Yes. Dougie Hamilton is an established top 3 dman in the league. Hutton unproven.

No. McCann plays with an edge and has better speed. His confidence and drive are rare.

How about we wait until our guys have had the chance to make an impact in the NHL before we start comparing them to guys that have already made big impacts in the NHL.

Ridiculous poll at this point. Virtanen hasn't even played an NHL game yet! McCann and Hutton have only played one.

After watching a refreshing season opener against the Lame... I mean Flames, I know many of us Canucks' fans are ecstatic about our future players.

What occured to me yesterday is how similar we are to the Flames in terms of our core future assets. Although the Flames ones are more established at this point, we might have very similar valued players ourselves.

Now let me ask you four simple questions, and try to answer them without your homer glasses on.

Would you swap... ?

- Bo Horvat for Sean Monahan?

- Ben Datsyuk Karlsson Hutton for Dougie Hamilton?

- Jared McCann for Sam Bennett?

And although there is some discrepancy in this comparison...

- Jake Virtanen for Johnny Gaudreau?

If so, state your reason!

We just beat those guys and Bo didn't have Jake riding shotgun...as soon as that line gets back together Baertschi will start to shine more as well.

That takes care of Bo and Jake over Johnny boy and Manwithands

McCann and Bennett are close to a wash but Jared has more heart...another winner.

Hutton has the potential to be the number one guy...this year! ya I said it...I have been tooting his horn since his first young stars tourney 3 years ago, he looked like a man among boys then and he looks like a player among the played here in the big leagues!

I am not saying those Flames players are not good players but...everyone of our 4 mentioned will be better!

Horvat, Dougie, Bennett, Johnny.

Don't get me wrong, I love the canuck kids, but the young guys the flames have are in my opinions slightly... higher quality.

Dougie is a force, and still young. If Hutton continues to develop he could be a elite offense D man, but thats a big if.

Bennett and McCann is tough, but I would take Bennett.

Johnny hockey is something special. St. Louis is one of my all time greats, and the kid reminds me of him.

As a Canuck fan I hated to voted for the Calgary player in every poll but comeone we have to admit those young guys beat our young guns in all those comparisons. Bennett was a top 4 pick and rated number 1 by some scouting groups in his draft year, McCann will be good but Bennett has the chance to be a franchise player the comparison isn't even close. Hutton vs. Hamilton is a hard one but so far Hamilton has proved a bit more. Horvat vs. Monahan is also close one I think Horvat is the smarter player but Monahan has a higher offensive upside.

1. Horvat, but it's close.

2. Hamilton. Come on now. We didn't even expect Hutton to make the team and we're already comparing him to Hamilton?

3. Bennett has a slightly better resume in my opinion.

4. Virtanen. Big bodies are harder to come by.

Bo

Hamilton

McCann

Virtanen

That was way too easy. Think about playing these guys against each other 4 on 4. This group would crush the other group in more than just the score. Don't be too surprised if Bennet gets sent down. That's my prediction. Of course I hate the Flames, as should any true Canuk's fan.

I would take Horvat over Monahan. It's not about who piles on regular season points, it's about who wins match ups in the playoffs. When both players mature and the two teams face each other in the playoffs, I think their lines will go head to head with Horvat having a slight edge.

Horvat came in as a checking centre and his trajectory has been insane. His biggest flaw was skating but he looks really fast out there. He looked fast in the playoffs too. My friends who are flames fans kept commenting how he's such a good skater with great speed.

He also has more size and strength. As his scoring abilities are improving, I would not make the trade.

Horvat's 2 way play and overall awesomeness on the dot make him more valuable than Monahan.

Gotta go with Dougie right now, but time will tell. I hope Hutton turns into a Karlsson and I eat my words.

Bennett. I'm kinda on the fence with that one though. Still Bennett

Are you kidding? The Oompaloompa? Don't care about his ceiling, I have a feeling the kids gonna get wrecked then slowing drift into obscurity in the Swiss league. Virtanen.

Archived