The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where is Jake?

dpn1

Someone suggested in a diff thread:

Sutter replaces McCann on 3rd, Vrby moves to first, with Jake on 2nd, and alternating every game until the 2 J's have reached 9 games each.

That's too logical, plus Willie has said he likes what Sutter brings to the twins.Also both WD and JB have said they like the "heavy play" of the Prust/Cracknell/Dorsett line so I cant see Jake dislodging one of these (unless injury)

and, ofc, when Higgy gets back .......

what management always wanted - players fighting for jobs

That's just a lot of line juggling to get a guy in the lineup and messes with almost the whole teams chemistry, so I'd vote no to that.

It's a difficult position I'm not sure what they will do, if they aren't going to play him then he should be cut. It's not good for his development to be a scratch nor is it deserving.

Someone suggested in a diff thread:

Sutter replaces McCann on 3rd, Vrby moves to first, with Jake on 2nd, and alternating every game until the 2 J's have reached 9 games each.

That's too logical, plus Willie has said he likes what Sutter brings to the twins.Also both WD and JB have said they like the "heavy play" of the Prust/Cracknell/Dorsett line so I cant see Jake dislodging one of these (unless injury)

and, ofc, when Higgy gets back .......

what management always wanted - players fighting for jobs

Yup, we've been missing the young guys, who are good enough to push the vets. We got the forwards. Maybe Tryamkin, Biega, and Subban can be the young d pushing the vets?

Jake is only on the team because Higgins is hurt. He is getting valuable experience and growth by practicing and being around the guys.

As soon as Higgy is back, Jake will be sent down.

And higgy will sit? Someone needs to be traded.

I give up there are to many people making useless thread :picard:

No, there are too many keyboard warrior trolls such as yourself.

I would LOVE to meet people like you in real life, and see if you are still such smartasses in person.

This is a completely legitimate question. I thought about making a thread myself, as I speculate Jake might not make the team past his 9 game tryout. He will probably get those 9 games, but where does he fit in after?

Option 1: Sutter goes to the 3rd line centre, then that opens up a spot for Virtanen on RW. That would see McCann not making the team, but I think McCann is better than Virtanen right now and more ready to play. Sutter also looks like he might fit well with the Sedins on RW.

Option 2: Sutter stays with the Sedins, which leaves the question of what to do with Hansen? Do we trade Hansen? Do we trade Dorsett and move Hansen to 4th line RW? I doubt either of those possibilities happen.

I just don't think Virtanen is enough of an upgrade over Hansen to warrant burning a year on his ELC.

Edit: There's always a possibility that Jake dominates his 9 game tryout, and forces Benning to keep him around. But I just don't see that happening.

He doesn't think the game at NHL pace yet and doesn't always make the simple 'protect the puck' NHL plays. This lends to him making rookie/junior mistakes.

Hopefully they can teach him and he can learn to adjust his game on the fly here as the season goes on because he does bring some nice intangibles to the team. He'll get his shot soon enough.

no reason to send him down to whl yet hes getting nhl experience practsing and learning how to be a pro. Not sure ho jakes isnt ready for nhl he looked great in presseason banging in the corners, ,aking slick passes, hits, using his speed to get shots. Jake will play before hes sent down if he is.

Archived