The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtanen and McCann officially make the team

hatedkid666

Congrats to both!

In a video meeting this morning, coach Desjardins played bad clips of Virtanen and McCann. A lot of them. Then Horvat stood up and said:

"They were ripping me so hard, I almost started to cry. Then Horvat said we made the team. It was a special moment" - McCann #Canucks

"WELCOME TO THE TEAM BOYS!!" It's official: @Jake_Virtanen & @jaredmccann19 are #Canucks.

EDIT: VID https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8-Fh84Iyi8

"All the guys were yelling at us, Burr was giving it to us good. We went from feeling low to great in a second!" - Virtanen #Canucks

"It was baaaaaad, they were getting carved. I was like 'they are so gone'" - Markstrom, laughing. #Canucks

WOOOOOO! Best news to wake up too. I love that Willie let Horvat tell them they made the team. Must've been special for Horvat as well. Willie's got some funnies in him. Telling the team to rip on them before letting them know they made the team. I love it. I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. 

Bo breaking the news to McCann and Virtanen...that's a beauty.  These little things that Bo is being asked to do by Willie D. in the room leads me to think that the torch is being passed on from the Henrik to Bo.  Also, the public comments Willie is making about how he sees Bo as a veteran is a dead give-away that this is now becoming Bo's team to lead.  Love it.

Wishing Jak/Jar great success as NHLers. 

Archived