The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks 4, Vancouver 0

TheRussianRocket.

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Hey Kesler

Managment told you they were "rebuilding" so you'd leave.  You still haven't figured that out yet, have you.

They wanted you gone and made you think it was your idea lol.

None of us miss you btw.

I miss him, I can't lie. He was always already to drop the gloves, a quality that's badly missing in this current team. Kesler would have fought Getzlaf in a heartbeat after that dirty check. 

14 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

I disagree, I don`t think he`s fully developed skill wise. We seem to be priming him for a bottom six role this way. I`d rather let him develop offensively in his own age group and then play in the AHL until he`s actually ready to make a contribution here.

I`d have held Horvat and McCann back one more year too and I would have started Hutton in Utica this year. Better all around if guys earn their spots..

Oh I would have him in the AHL if we could, but we can't unless it's on a conditioning stint. Juniors is simply too low level for him imo. Very different game in juniors. Either NHL or a year in the SEL or Swiss League or something like that similar to Matthews. 

And I wholeheartedly disagree with your last statement. Youth needs to be in a lineup if this team wants to transition into having a new core, and Horvat and McCann are absolutely NHL ready. Just have patience. And Hutton plays like he's 30 years old. He's fine.

2 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

I miss him, I can't lie. He was always already to drop the gloves, a quality that's badly missing in this current team. Kesler would have fought Getzlaf in a heartbeat after that dirty check. 

We've lost Kesler and Bieksa, replace them with a relatively soft and short Bartkowski and Prust. You'd think Prust and Dorsett are enough up front, with a pretty mean Sbisa on the back-end, but they're not.

1 minute ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

If Willie can land us the 1st overall pick, I'm happy. However, Willie will probably put Matthews on the 4th line with Dorsett and give him 5 minutes a game. 

Matthews is an insane player and physically ready for the NHL. He's playing against men before he is even drafted. Willie would very likely give Matthews 2nd line minutes. He's not stupid.

1 minute ago, Canucks Prophet said:

No, No, No....Kesler had to go, such a selfish, whiny, look at me type of cancer no room needs.

I was a volunteer at the Vancouver Olympics with men's hockey. I got to work with every player, coach and training staff. Of all the 12 teams players and staff, Kesler was the biggest crybaby there. He was always unhappy with something. And he was Canuck then and I still couldn't stand him.

1 minute ago, slickjim23 said:

Matthews is an insane player and physically ready for the NHL. He's playing against men before he is even drafted. Willie would very likely give Matthews 2nd line minutes. He's not stupid.

What side does Matthews play? I could see Willie starting him with the Sedins, see if they click. That's how talented and mature this kid is.

1 hour ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Another reason why I want Lucic next year. Rookie McCann gets ragdolled by Getzlaf and no one even tries to defend him. Weber literally just looked. Kudos to McCann for taking Getzlaf. That was pathetic.

Lucic may be a big power forward, but he plays - too stupid. No thanks.

8 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Thought maybe Willie was being a real dick.

I don't think he had a shift until 8 minutes into the first though

12 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

I disagree, I don`t think he`s fully developed skill wise. We seem to be priming him for a bottom six role this way. I`d rather let him develop offensively in his own age group and then play in the AHL until he`s actually ready to make a contribution here.

I`d have held Horvat and McCann back one more year too and I would have started Hutton in Utica this year. Better all around if guys earn their spots..

LMAO:blink:

1 minute ago, Nuckster1970 said:

No, No, No....Kesler had to go, such a selfish, whiny, look at me type of cancer no room needs.

I was a volunteer at the Vancouver Olympics with men's hockey. I got to work with every player, coach and training staff. Of all the 12 teams players and staff, Kesler was the biggest crybaby there. He was always unhappy with something. And he was Canuck then and I still couldn't stand him.

Well, I don't miss those qualities haha...

But this team is really missing a player who is physical but also talented. Lucic could be an option this summer, as long he doesn't demand a crippling contract. Hometwon discount, I think! 

VERY disheartened that there was no push back from the Canucks this evening, except for McCann.  After Virtanen got cross-checked in the ribs by Getzlaf, I would have expected a Dorsett or Prust "hello".  And then, when McCann got cross-checked by Kesler, no-one stepped up.  These are rookies who are being targetted;  someone HAS to respond.  Good on McCann for showing toughness by going back at Getzlaf, showing no fear despite giving up about 50 lbs. He's a keeper.  The vets should be ashamed of themselves and I hope that Stan Smyl lets them know.  Look for a nasty game tomorrow vs L.A.   There will be toughness evident, book it. 

The Good: 

Higgins-McCann-Vrbata looked great tonight. Showing good chemistry.

Cracknell. Great game.

Putting the 4th line on the PP. No, I am not joking. That was WD sending a message to the special teams, and a well earned message at that. Plus they almost scored.

The Bad:

Literally everything else. Easily Horvat's worst game as a Canucks, the Twins and Hansen didn't do anything all night except for maybe one or two chances, Dorsett and Prust were brutal, the second line was terrible, Miller had a few good saves especially early, but still a poor night for him, the defense was outstandingly bad, nobody stood up for Virtanen or McCann, or anybody else, the special teams were atrocious, everyone got injured, and there was no effort period that entire game. Worst game of the season by a mile, and that is saying a lot because that 4-3 loss to the Habs was brutal. I hope Willie just rips this team a new one. That game was inexcusable.Even though this team is bad, that was Oilers level bad. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Archived