The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks 4, Vancouver 0

TheRussianRocket.

1 minute ago, alfstonker said:

Willie is looking shaken because the vets in the team all told him one thing before the game and did the exact opposite during it (with a few exceptions )

That's not good and can lead to trust issues and questions of character. Those who did perform would now be forgiven for pointing the finger and looking for answers from the rest in the dressing room after the game.

Let's start bring up guys who want to make a difference if these players won't. Bo needs benched instead of praised in order to put a rocket up his ass. Higgins is a waste of time and I now have reservations about Tanev, he is far to laid back and passive. He needs to show some fire.

Higgins got friggin wrecked and still came out and played, that 3rd line is getting chemistry was maybe our most dangerous tonight. Lots of other floaters in this game Higgins was not one of them. Prust and Dorsett looked like mice out there.

4 hours ago, canuktravella said:

mccann is a sniper i didnt expect him to make canucks for two more yrs but hes doing well.

horvat is in a bit of a  second yr slump  he will work way out of it.

virtanen shows little glimpses of his pedigree  next yr he will be much better after a summer of working out early in last nights game someobe hit virtanen in corner and jake send them flying loved it the guy didnt expect that.

grenier  and gaunce looked great in callups

pedan looks ready for a callup 

shinkaruk  is in top 10 in ahl scoring finding his touch in his second pro season knocking on door

hutton makes vet plays  cool as ice not to shabby plus 8 apples is decent offensive output 

demko  college stats are insane   we will have best young goalie in league once he goes pro

boeser is sniping it up in college

late round junior picks seem to be doing well in  chl 

the future looks brighter than oilers  we need to draft some good dmen  this summer  and we will be fine our center and winger depth is nice 

Sounds like a bunch of "ifs" "maybe's" and hopefulls to me

2 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Canucks were well rested (had two days off before the game in California),and they are no more banged up than any other team...There was no excuse for such a lame effort,no wonder Willie looked visibly shaken after the game.

John Garrett said they looked like an exhausted team,....so take out of that what you will.

Come on, Willy always looks like that.

6 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

So yeah, basically he was then..

Don't think way above your pay grade. The way that game was going in the first period Jake's game was not really up to it - yet. Why do you think McCann is so trusted and Jake gets far less time. It's not rocket science although looking at your comment, maybe it is :P

3 hours ago, shiznak said:

I'm curious to know what makes people think Green will be a better coach than Desjardins?

I remember when everybody wanted Willie as our coach, when Torts got fired. Fast forward one year later, everybody wants him gone. Pathetic.

Not everybody wanted Willie, lots of people wanted some other coaches.

7 hours ago, oldnews said:

That will be Horvat laughing at you soon enough Kesler, so keep beaking, but you're a guy that's never won a damn thing.

That awkward moment when you accidentally take shots at your own team...have you forgotten what team he played for most his career.

This is sort of like a mother calling her kid a son of a bitch.

5 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Bartkowski threw a big hit on Cogliano on Cogliano's next shift after that incident with Dorsett before the commercial break on the offside and that shut up Cogliano for the rest of the game. (granted it was about 5 or 6 minutes left).

Ooooooooh we intimidated cogliano late in the game in a reactionary fashion.

typical Canuck fan acceptance of mediocrity.

Well somethings got to give for sure. PP is horrid. PK is now horrid. Line changes are killing us. Vets look tired and worn out and obviously have zero interest in standing up for the rookies that took a beating last night. Zero secondary scoring. Kids in and out of the lineup. Guys are called up but never used. Might think of sending the "kids" to the World Juniors to get some confidence back and to get a break from the gong show that is the Canucks these days. Agree that Willie takes stubborn to a whole new level. Keeps trying to bang that square peg in a round hole. If we're out it by Christmas (which it looks like we will be) then they should "fire sale" all the vets except the Sedins and maybe Burrows and then let Willie finish the year as simply a guy standing behind the bench. Look for a REAL NHL calibre coach in the offseason maybe.

Worst thing I've seen in a while. A 19 year old rookie mixing it up with a 6'4 beast in Getzlaf and not one Canucks skates over to intervein. It goes back to the ol' reality we as fans seem to easily forget at times, the Canucks are not big, strong, or tough enough from top to bottom to compete night in and night out. Kudos to McCann showed some heart out there.

7 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Higgins got friggin wrecked and still came out and played, that 3rd line is getting chemistry was maybe our most dangerous tonight. Lots of other floaters in this game Higgins was not one of them. Prust and Dorsett looked like mice out there.

I was referring to his ability to make something happen. He just doesn't have it and that's why I would have him on the 4th or not in the team. It's the same week after week, he has 2 settings, steady and invisible. 

He is like Tanev, a TARGET. They both should be making opposition players the target, then they might not get wiped out so often imo.

We need to have a team with less targets and more pro active hitters, like Hansen, Cracknell, Dorsett, Burr, Kenins, when he was up and Sbisa. Guys that let the opposition know they won't get a free ride. That is what gets you respect, not fighting.

1 hour ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Prust and Dorsett see where this team is and look very disinterested. Collecting pay checks

In no way am I justifying their pathetic play last night.

but let's be real: they are undersized  lightweight "enforcers" trying to match the heavies of the league night after night.

mgmt smoking the fans into thinking that these two are going to police our team and protect our young guys.

tbh I'm a bit surprised, especially, in Linden that he would think that this level of enforcing is acceptable.

linden never rally fought but he played harder night after night than I've seen from Prust so far.

our fourth liners need to be re acquainted with their roles.  

7 hours ago, shadowgoon said:

The more I see of this team and this coach, the more I'm convinced that WD was hired solely for the transition to allow the vets to fade away into the sunset and have a soft safe environment for the kids to perform in, and less to actually win games to be competitive.

It's going to be a long year. I'm just settling in. If this listless and uninspired play catches hold we may yet be in the running for Matthews. Matthews - McCann - Horvat as your 1-2-3 is pretty tantalizing. Also when is Hutton going to return? Seeing Weber wear Salo's #6 is a travesty.

Pity non of that BS is borne out by history. Go back and google Willie and see what others said/say about him. Then behave yourself.

7 hours ago, NuckleheadFan said:

We could have used a Brashear, Kurtenbach, Gino type toughness out there.

Except toughens HAS to be a team thing imo. I just prey JB is transitioning us into a whole roster who has push back, all down the line. That is a more certain way to be a contender (I don't mean fighting either)

Referees find it much harder to penalise a team of hitters than a soft team with one or two fighters.

Higgins and Vrbata should be traded. They both didn't provide any effort last night. I'd rather lose with players like Gaunce, or Shinkaruk. At least they are young and inexperienced as an excuse. I'm really surprised with Higgins because normally he works his tail off.

And please drop Weber for Biega. Weber is just painful to watch. 

What hurts is players like Bo and McCann working so hard and not getting rewarded. The team needs to simplify things. Work on short, crisp passes and attack the front of the opponents net. 

2 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

I was referring to his ability to make something happen. He just doesn't have it and that's why I would have him on the 4th or not in the team. It's the same week after week, he has 2 settings, steady and invisible. 

He is like Tanev, a TARGET. They both should be making opposition players the target, then they might not get wiped out so often imo.

We need to have a team with less targets and more pro active hitters, like Hansen, Cracknell, Dorsett, Burr, Kenins, when he was up and Sbisa. Guys that let the opposition know they won't get a free ride. That is what gets you respect, not fighting.

Hank had more hits than Dorsett or Prust combined last night, in a game where we needed them in the roles they were signed for. I like Crack but where was the challenge from our so called tough guys as the kids were being gooned. The coach you admire so much has kept Higgins-McCann-Vrbata line intact as the have generated more threat other than the Sedins line. Higgins forechecks hard and is the d-winger on that line, who are you going to replace him with?

Archived