The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Raffi Torres on waivers

Mackcanuck

13 hours ago, BenDrinkin said:

A big part of me wants Torres.  He is so aggressive though, and might make other teams take shots at our guys in revenge for him undoubtedly blowing someone up with a fat head shot, so it might not be a good idea.

Lots of other guys can provide what he can provide. He played great during the run but This guy?

1101torres.jpg

1 hour ago, smokes said:

Lots of other guys can provide what he can provide. He played great during the run but This guy?

We don't have any of these guys though. When was the last time a Canuck took someone out with a clean or even a borderline hit? Jake is not there yet and may never be as aggressive as Torres was.

2 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

We don't have any of these guys though. When was the last time a Canuck took someone out with a clean or even a borderline hit? Jake is not there yet and may never be as aggressive as Torres was.

what???? jake isn't there yet? do you not see jake knocking guys off the puck laying down devastating hits..

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

I never really thought this hit was a bad hit.

It wasn't.  All the crap about it being "blind-side" because Seabrook wasn't looking in front of him.  As I recall, it wasn't penalized either.  But it did set up the ridiculous call on Rome in the final.  We weren't a team built to play that way and it caught up with us.

51 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

It wasn't.  All the crap about it being "blind-side" because Seabrook wasn't looking in front of him.  As I recall, it wasn't penalized either.  But it did set up the ridiculous call on Rome in the final.  We weren't a team built to play that way and it caught up with us.

Seabrook was in the same position as many a forward has been in at his own blue line looking back for a "suicide pass".....named for a reason.

Archived