The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

37 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Introducing our new captain, Jannik Hansen!

nyr.jpg.6edc849a0f737fded173de4f251e835c.jpg

He may have only been with the team for less than a month, and hasn't played much, but he was the coach's first choice.

av.jpg.e36813a7802f4c787d9d52665041d150.jpg

AV on Hansen: I've had the privilege to coach Jannik before, and I can tell you first hand what tremendous person he is. He always gives it his all, and sticks up for his teammates - that's exactly the kind of attitude we want leading our team.

The Rangers are scheduled to go visit the California teams this weekend, but they decided to make a pit stop in Nashville, so that the former captain could pass on the torch so to speak.

58d41aae6ead6_hansenandlu.jpg.f1d1a88e54cbf8bc752e99846019d2f9.jpg

They even decided to wear their old Canuck jerseys, as a tribute to the last time they were teammates.

Tampa Bay approves greatly! We miss Hansen on our roster!!!

As the season winds down to a close, it's time for the final edition of the Kings' studs, duds, and meh. 

Studs:

- who else but none other than our captain Quick who led the team to 5 wins in 8 starts and the irl Kings have a few home games left where they've been unbeatable. Hope he continues to play well as the team will need him to be clutch down the stretch. Ward also had a great month of his own with 3 wins and 3 OT losses.

- Bozak had a phenomenal month and it isn't even over yet, posting a whopping 9 points in 10 games. He drives the Leafs' offense and my fantasy team also where some of my key players have had quiet months so far. Hopefully he continues to produce as my other star players start to chip in more occasionally

- Hornqvist produced 3 points in 5 games and had he not been out with injury for half the month, he would've on pace to match last year's totals. Hope he brings it come playoff time and continues where he left off from last year

- Assistant captain Seabrook put 6 points in 10 games in March for the Blackhawks and continues to be a force in our backend, Tanev had a good month of his own posting 2 points in 7 while Markov  continues to be a reliable contribution contributing a solid 5 in 9 stretch

meh

- Our 2nd assistant, Kesler, had a rather slow month scoring 3 points so far but we expect him to finish the season strong and come up big for the Ducks come playoff time.

- both Toffoli and Backlund put up 5 points in 9 in the month of March and we expected more from them. Hope they improve these numbers as both teams are still battling for a playoff positioning

Duds

- We were expecting more out of our vet forward Brouwer with heavy expectations put on him due to his salary and he's only put up 1 point this month. He needs to step up if the Flames want any shot of making a decent run and same towards my team also.

- We wanted more out of our youngsters in Namestnikov, Faksa  as they only notched 2 and 3 points respectively so far. Hope they both finish the season on a high note

- Toffoli registered a rough month of his own, with just 5 points in 9. We thought this would be the month he'd step and so far he hasn't while in the midst of a 3 game slump. Hope he breaks out of it starting tonight and gets the team into the playoffs

updated Lineup

Faksa - Kesler - Hornqvist

Namestnikov - Bozak - Toffoli

Fast - Backlund - Kulemin

Kelly - Sedlak - Calvert

Reserve

Bellemare, Brouwer, Carey

Defence Pairings

Markov - Seabrook

Martin - Benn

Campbell - Tanev

Netminders

Quick 

Ward

like everyone, we're looking forward to finishing the season off on a high note and getting ready for the playoffs as majority of our players are playoff bound. Wish you all the best and some luck from the Kings organization! Cheers!

Stealing @thejazz97's idea, and have compiled the player stats for all players in the Carolina Hurricanes organization under the age of 23:

234ee5c7d43a1b11c5a7577fe6f03be1.png

16fb4795c435be8b3d627a23a36cdd84.png

13e742f7a57796316382d4edc03519ef.png

0956936d246d7ce74d411604daf24642.png

Extremely excited for the future in Carolina, as we still have a pretty young NHL core without most of these guys involved.

32 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Could really use a healthy Malkin right about now.

22 minutes ago, Nail said:

I'll take a healthy Guentzel while you're at it ;) 

Get in line please...Letang has been out since February 25th. 

My entire team has been slipping since the start of March (12th ranked team since that time) and losing Letang and Lundqvist certainly has not helped. Most of my players are going through a late-season slump. :(

I am thankful that I was able to acquire some depth before the trade deadline, I have had 4 high scoring players on the IR steadily since that time. Hopefully everyone, including Ryan Murray with his broken hand, get back in time for the start of the playoffs healthy and well-rested.

I have also had some key players scoring at the very least inconsistently and at worst completely slumping, and my (and the league's) hottest player Kucherov is a long shot to make it into the playoffs. @Master Mind's squad may be slumping a little but it could also be called they're resting up to kick some butt in the playoffs - that's one scary team!

There are some teams on incredible season-end runs, including @Tylez's 'Nucks, @Blue Jay 22's Stars, @D-Money & @Monty's BJ's, and top of the list @Nail's 'Canes  - great job guys!

The Washington Capitals are very pleased to showcase how our young players have done this year. Both Jazz and Nail did this with logo's, but unfortunately the GM of Washington is lacking the drive to do that so we are simply posting text. =)

uQOEDzk.png

A reminder that we are open to trading some C prospects for LW/RW/D prospects. Looking for equal value trades.

Congratulations to Bruins prospect Noah Rod. Who signed his real life ELC contract with San Jose today. An energy winger / pivot who is highly disruptive, plays with an edge, wins puck wars, board battles and also has a healthy dose of speed and skill. Sounds like the prototypical 4th or 3rd line guy on the championship team we aspire to be? 

Or on San Jose, playing with Thornton, a lock for 30 or 35 goals?   :P

Also congratulations to our month's best performers;

Stud William Nylander, on a 10 game point streak & pacing for 5.61 fantasy points per game.  

Team captain Alex Pietrangelo. Who has bolted out to a team leading 5.66 fantasy points. Shattenpussy who?

Jean Gabriel Pageau, a mighty mite earning his new contract hammering out over 5 FP's per game. 7 points, 19 hits and 18 blocks at 5'9''. Awesome!

Honorable mention to Calvin de Haan, bearing the load with 24 hits & 22 blocks.

Oii the dud farm suddenly; our goaltending has disappeared. The leagues top duo for most of the year, Johnson & RASK have a combined less than stellar total of 30 points so far. Helping make GM @wallstreetamigo look like Scotty Bowman?

Archived