The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predict your roster for next year

Sedin Brothers

Just now, Kenny Powers said:

You might be right about Boedker...plus now he's a Shark.  

I recall Willies comments about Bo, but not sure if that will hold true this year as well.  I like the idea of a kid line, but would be happy with any combination that performs.  

If Sutter is 2C and asked upon to produce offense, then he'll certainly need playmaking ability on his wing, and that's Baertschi all day long. 

I think we need to add another offensive type player.  Pirri is a bargain

Just now, mpt said:

I think we need to add another offensive type player.  Pirri is a bargain

+1   I'm excited about what Eriksson brings, but we'll need so compliment Sutter with players who can generate offense.  Baertschi is one...who's the other?

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin

Hansen-Sutter-Virtanen

Gaunce-Granlund-Etem

Burrows

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Tryamkin-Larsen

Pedan

Edler,Hansen,Dorsett,Tanev or Sbisa traded

Going to guess Hansen, Dorsett or Sbisa are paired with a prospect/pick in a trade for a left winger.

I don't like the fourth line but don't see how else these players fit into the lineup.

42 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

+1   I'm excited about what Eriksson brings, but we'll need so compliment Sutter with players who can generate offense.  Baertschi is one...who's the other?

I don't see who else but Hansen although he's kind of similar to Sutter.   If Rodin finds his game that could be an interesting line and would allow Hansen to play with Horvat.

Re Horvat - I think they want to bring him along patiently - the concern was that he was forcing his offence and getting away from his game when they had him with Baertschi/Vrbata.  He's also only 21.  I just don't see him at C2 over Sutter or playing with Baertschi.  Not after WDs comments.

Sedin                 Sedin             Eriksson

Baertschi           Sutter             Hansen

Virtanen             Horvat           Etem

Burrows   Granlund/Gaunce  Dorsett

Edler          Tanev

Sbisa         Gudbranson

Hutton        Larsen/Tryamkin

Canucks certainly don't have enough toughness on the front end, and will get pushed around again next season, UNLESS the backend can provide some deterrent.  Gudbranson, should really help in that regard.  Now if Tryamkin gets comfortable, and had a mean steak, then the Canucks just might have a chance.

This is how our roster is shaping up:

CapFriendly.com Armchair-GM User-Generated Roster

FORWARDS (14)
Rightwing: L. Eriksson ($6,000,000) - A. Rodin ($950,000) - J. Hansen ($2,500,000) - J. Virtanen ($894,167) - A. Burrows ($4,500,000)
Centre: H. Sedin ($7,000,000) - B. Horvat ($894,167) - B. Sutter ($4,375,000) - M. Granlund ($900,000) - M. Chaput ($575,000)
Leftwing: D. Sedin ($7,000,000) - S. Baertschi ($1,850,000) - D. Dorsett ($2,650,000) - E. Etem ($775,000)

DEFENSE (7)
Right: C. Tanev ($4,450,000) - E. Gudbranson ($3,500,000) - P. Larsen ($1,025,000)
Left: A. Edler ($5,000,000) - B. Hutton ($896,250) - N. Tryamkin ($925,000) - L. Sbisa ($3,600,000)

GOALTENDER (2)
R. Miller ($6,000,000) - J. Markstrom ($1,550,000)

BUYOUTS
C. Higgins ($833,333) - K. Ballard ($0)

DETAILS
Roster Size: 23
NHL Salary Cap: $73,000,000
Bonus Overages: $315,000
Cap Hit: $69,757,917
Cap Space: $3,242,083

We still have pedan, grenier and zalewski to worry about.

Our second line is a giant question mark regardless of who slots in where and our 4th really doesnt have the identity of a typical 4th line.

The part that worries me the most is that I don't see a succession plan for the sedins moving to the 2nd line, and there are no first liners in the pipeline outside of maybe boeser.

Bennings plan to fill the gap with 22-26 year old rfas is also concerning cap wise when they eventually want to get paid for their (hopefully) real good performance.

32 minutes ago, Beastmode33 said:

This is how our roster is shaping up:

CapFriendly.com Armchair-GM User-Generated Roster

FORWARDS (14)
Rightwing: L. Eriksson ($6,000,000) - A. Rodin ($950,000) - J. Hansen ($2,500,000) - J. Virtanen ($894,167) - A. Burrows ($4,500,000)
Centre: H. Sedin ($7,000,000) - B. Horvat ($894,167) - B. Sutter ($4,375,000) - M. Granlund ($900,000) - M. Chaput ($575,000)
Leftwing: D. Sedin ($7,000,000) - S. Baertschi ($1,850,000) - D. Dorsett ($2,650,000) - E. Etem ($775,000)

DEFENSE (7)
Right: C. Tanev ($4,450,000) - E. Gudbranson ($3,500,000) - P. Larsen ($1,025,000)
Left: A. Edler ($5,000,000) - B. Hutton ($896,250) - N. Tryamkin ($925,000) - L. Sbisa ($3,600,000)

GOALTENDER (2)
R. Miller ($6,000,000) - J. Markstrom ($1,550,000)

BUYOUTS
C. Higgins ($833,333) - K. Ballard ($0)

DETAILS
Roster Size: 23
NHL Salary Cap: $73,000,000
Bonus Overages: $315,000
Cap Hit: $69,757,917
Cap Space: $3,242,083

We still have pedan, grenier and zalewski to worry about.

Our second line is a giant question mark regardless of who slots in where and our 4th really doesnt have the identity of a typical 4th line.

The part that worries me the most is that I don't see a succession plan for the sedins moving to the 2nd line, and there are no first liners in the pipeline outside of maybe boeser.

Bennings plan to fill the gap with 22-26 year old rfas is also concerning cap wise when they eventually want to get paid for their (hopefully) real good performance.

Thanks for the breakdown Beastmofo... I'm wondering if part of Luongo's contract is still on our books too?

4 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

I would still add Brett Connolly who should be really cheap.  I would also find someone to take Burrows or buy him out.

Sedin Sedin Eriksson 

Baertschi Sutter Connolly

Hansen Horvat Virtanen 

Gaunce Granlund Dorsett 

Rodin/Etem

Brett Connolly signed with Washington today (1 year at 850K) and Benning just confirmed that Burrows would be on the team this coming season.

15 minutes ago, mll said:

Brett Connolly signed with Washington today (1 year at 850K) and Benning just confirmed that Burrows would be on the team this coming season.

I just came back to comment on Connolly signing.  I think he was a missed opportunity at only 875k.   Maybe Benning will give Pirri a go.

I don't think this line up has the ability to plug in one of pirri or versteeg, it needs more high end talent in the top 6, Id rather take a gamble on Evander Kane if available at the right price.

Unfortunately we've traded away offensive assets like mccann and shinkaruk who may have become those types of players in two years.  We also don't have the assets left to acquire a top 6 player like nugent hopkins without giving away the few good pieces we need to keep.

Archived