The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Priest Beheaded By Islamists In France

Salmonberries

Sounds like one of them had been under 'surveillance'. whatever that means.

An 86-year-old priest has been 'beheaded' by two ISIS knifemen who cut his throat after bursting into a French church and taking nuns and worshippers hostage before being shot dead by police.

Five people including the priest, two nuns and two parishioners were held by assailants who raided the church in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray near Rouen in Normandy at 9am.

The clergyman, named as Jacques Hamel, is believed to have been beheaded during the attack while another hostage is 'hovering between life and death' in hospital.

The two attackers were 'neutralised' by marksmen as they emerged from the building, which is now being searched for explosives. French president Francois Hollande said the men 'claimed to be from' ISIS. 

There were reports the attackers shouted 'Daesh' – an alternative name for ISIS often used by the French government – as they ran into the church while at least one of the men was dressed in Islamic clothing.

It comes as it emerged that the place of worship was one of a number of Catholic churches on a terrorist 'hit list' found on a suspected ISIS extremist last April.

There are also reports that one of the attackers had previously been jailed in France, and was under electronic bracelet surveillance after trying to travel to Syria in 2015

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3708394/Two-men-armed-knives-people-hostage-French-church.html#ixzz4FW3kjbK3 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Religion and religious beliefs are the cause of all the wars and problems in this world. If we could just all believe in one single stupid and simple idea then we wouldn't have to kill in the name of god. 

The most terrible thing about religion is every religious thought bases itself off the same idea in the beginning. It has just been diluted and corrupted by cynics and and the troubled to help in their gain over the centuries. 

If mankind didnt know it was living in sin, then maybe there would of been no sin to commit. 

Of course, we have to discuss 'religion' in general rather than just be intellectually honest and say that Islam in particular is the problem.

I mean, it would be stupid to actually talk about the impact of Islamification of the West. The message is clear: Convert or pay the price.

We will keep sidestepping it however, because the majority of Muslims have a different skin pigment, so we subject them to the soft racism of lower expectations. Some people are not be able to distinguish between the criticism of religious ideology and ignorance and bigotry. The former is very much needed today, especially in the West.

I know someone will interject with 'crusades....child molestation....inquisition. ..etc. Christians do horrible things too!'

I concede that. I am just asking that you apply the same outrage to Islamic fueled violence. The same outrage that would be appropriate for a similar crime committed by say, a white supremacist or a Neo Nazi. 

Say what you want about other religions,  but the fact remains that Jews and Christians had enough respect for one another to establish nations that respect the rights of the individual. In the West, there is no compulsion to live by a specific religion. Outside of Islam, state sanctioned religious persecution is largely a thing of the past. 

Let's not bring it back by allowing these attacks to continue.

1 hour ago, Mustapha said:

Of course, we have to discuss 'religion' in general rather than just be intellectually honest and say that Islam in particular is the problem.

I mean, it would be stupid to actually talk about the impact of Islamification of the West. The message is clear: Convert or pay the price.

We will keep sidestepping it however, because the majority of Muslims have a different skin pigment, so we subject them to the soft racism of lower expectations. Some people are not be able to distinguish between the criticism of religious ideology and ignorance and bigotry. The former is very much needed today, especially in the West.

I know someone will interject with 'crusades....child molestation....inquisition. ..etc. Christians do horrible things too!'

I concede that. I am just asking that you apply the same outrage to Islamic fueled violence. The same outrage that would be appropriate for a similar crime committed by say, a white supremacist or a Neo Nazi. 

Say what you want about other religions,  but the fact remains that Jews and Christians had enough respect for one another to establish nations that respect the rights of the individual. In the West, there is no compulsion to live by a specific religion. Outside of Islam, state sanctioned religious persecution is largely a thing of the past. 

Give it a rest bud

I am not saying that every religious person is a wack job with an agenda and thirst for blood

But it seems that every wack job with an agenda and thirst for blood seems to be religious

Do not sit and poke fingers at just islam, it's all of them.  

44 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Give it a rest bud

I am not saying that every religious person is a wack job with an agenda and thirst for blood

But it seems that every wack job with an agenda and thirst for blood seems to be religious

You're right. Gotta watch out for those blood thirsty Christian Extremists.... :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Give it a rest bud

Last I checked, only the Islamists are asking for Sharia Law to be implemented in Europe. This is not only just a stance held by extremists, by the way. 

They don't see themselves as whackjobs. Sharia is common in Islamic nations.  They have no problem enforcing their laws on us once their population is high enough. It's already starting to take de facto hold in European communities with higher Islamic demographics.

Sticking your fingers in your ears and ignoring reality is not a plausible solution. I'm really sorry you disagree.

2 hours ago, Mustapha said:

In today's PC world where the most important issue is to change a man hole to a person hole, those Christian crusades should now be referred to as radical crusades. Nothing to do with religion, they weren't Christians, because it is a religion of peace.

24 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

Last I checked, only the Islamists are asking for Sharia Law to be implemented in Europe. This is not only just a stance held by extremists, by the way. 

They don't see themselves as whackjobs. Sharia is common in Islamic nations.  They have no problem enforcing their laws on us once their population is high enough. It's already starting to take de facto hold in European communities with higher Islamic demographics.

Sticking your fingers in your ears and ignoring reality is not a plausible solution. I'm really sorry you disagree.

Sharia is common in some Islamic nations. If Sharia were as much of a threat as you make it sound then there wouldn't be sectarian states with Muslim majorities. Why hasn't Sharia taken over there? Why do people in those countries oppose Sharia replacing sectarianism? All of your Sharia related rants are utter BS. 

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Give it a rest bud

You're using these incidents to further your own agenda.  Humankind has never needed religion as an excuse for genocide.  Politics, land, nationality, family pride etc.  The list is endless.  Religion is just a convenient tool to use to rile up a group who feel disadvantaged and are looking for something to follow.  It could just as easily have been a Nazi uprising. 

BTW - do you include the Great Spirit in your trashing of all religious beliefs?

Man that sucks for the priest and his family and friends.  I don't expect anyone to share my beliefs, I don't expect anyone to share my compassion for humanity, but I do have an expectation that every living person, regardless of beliefs, denounces violent extremism.

I am sick of this. In my opinion, religion is going nowhere, so it (especially Islam ATM) needs to somewhat modernize with our species, or we are going to have guerilla warfare in the streets of every city worldwide.

Anyone suggesting religion is the cause of every war and blah blah, needs a history lesson.  Greed, money and power start a lot of wars....I'd say the majority,  Religion is a convenient excuse.

Just FYI, to expose my bias, I am completely non-religious.  I believe in whatever "is"....whatever that is.  Nothing I've heard so far in my 40 years makes me believe in a God, Gods, or lack of one.  I believe in Mother Nature and the Cosmic Chi.  I loathe violence and I will always advocate for the underdog.  Currently I have to analyze my having negative feelings towards Islam in general, and why there is not a global sponsored outcry against murdering innocents from both sectarian and non-sectarian Islamic states.  I'm not looking for answers or help in understanding my own feelings, unless you are planning on understanding and exposing your own bias as well. 

1 hour ago, Mustapha said:

The only difference between Islam and their radicals and Christianity and it's greed building super churches while ignoring the poor is the body count.

You're right though.

None of them see themselves as wackos.  They all believe they're right and just in their actions

Archived