The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Mike Brown with Blue Jackets

The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed forward Mike Brown to a professional tryout offer, according to Sportsnet's Chris Johnston.

The 31-year-old split last season between the San Jose Sharks and Montreal Canadiens, recording five points and 100 penalty minutes in 58 games.

Drafted in 2004, Brown has also seen stints with the Vancouver Canucks, Anaheim Ducks, Toronto Maple Leafs, and Edmonton Oilers.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1100738

6 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I called him "the grapler" when he was a Canuck. His fights were kind of embarrassing. I guess the good thing was he at least showed up.

I found Hordichuk's fights way more embarrassing.

For a so called "heavyweight", the guy had a horrible fighting style. Always had his head down and threw wild punches until the other guy threw him off balance and he fell.

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I found Hordichuk's fights way more embarrassing.

For a so called "heavyweight", the guy had a horrible fighting style. Always had his head down and threw wild punches until the other guy threw him off balance and he fell.

I never understood why Hordi was every called a heavy. 

He was 6'1 210 on a good day. That was considered heavy weights size 20-30 years ago, but definitely not now. 

4 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

I never understood why Hordi was every called a heavy. 

He was 6'1 210 on a good day. That was considered heavy weights size 20-30 years ago, but definitely not now. 

He fought in the "heavyweight class" even though he had no business fighting the guys he did.

Archived