The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Skille | #9 | RW

-AJ-

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Skille to skate thursday. Can someone please explain to me why Willie would put him into the roster? My thoughts are that if Skille is chosen to go in, Willie is guaranteed fired.

I thought Skille has done a pretty good job for a 4th liner considering he was a walk on PTO. He's scored a vouple clutch solo effort goals for us this season. 

I swear some of you guys haven't watched more than 5 games this season. I just know it.

39 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

I thought Skille has done a pretty good job for a 4th liner considering he was a walk on PTO. He's scored a vouple clutch solo effort goals for us this season. 

I swear some of you guys haven't watched more than 5 games this season. I just know it.

haha Ive watched every game this season, All the losses and all the wins. Skille is an old plug. He won't be resigned with us next year. Is he a serviceable 4th line guy, yes. But the Canucks have to play the young guys now and not be delusional thinking they're going to win a cup. I swear some people say the most wrongly impulsive things. Skille's an older guy who shows rare flashes of skill. Theres no point putting him in the lineup when you could put in a younger guy that you need to get a good look at. Labate for example.

50 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Skille has been our best fourth liner most nights this year. Based on his play this year I wouldn't be at all surprised if he gets another contract somewhere next year,

2 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha Ive watched every game this season, All the losses and all the wins. Skille is an old plug. He won't be resigned with us next year. Is he a serviceable 4th line guy, yes. But the Canucks have to play the young guys now and not be delusional thinking they're going to win a cup. I swear some people say the most wrongly impulsive things. Skille's an older guy who shows rare flashes of skill. Theres no point putting him in the lineup when you could put in a younger guy that you need to get a good look at. Labate for example.

So scratch Skille for the rest of the year (even though hes done nothing wrong) and show the league and the world how single minded and selfish the Canucks are an organization? 

Good luck signing new energy 4 liners in future offseasons. 

2 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

The irony of the above bolded.... lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived