The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Since Benning took over - a breakdown

Nathancanuck

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

what proof do you have? Everything I said has actually happened. You think HAR will play better without Hutton?! Where is the proof?! 

As as soon as you have some actual evidence get back to me. 

You are coming real hard.  I don't think my response to you warranted that.  This isn't a court case.  Granlund, Baertschi and Sutter have all had great seasons.  Especially consider what we have up for them.  Bonino is slow and can't win a faceoff to save his life so please don't even try there.

there is no proof handsome Aaron Rome is better without Hutton.  That's why I said I think.  He was a solid player with Florida and he is young with a lot of expierence.  Look no one thought Sbisa was worth much.  He has been really good this year.  Young players with 400+ games tend to get better.

look it isn't easy to transition to a new team, new city, new conference.  I don't know if Okoposo, Ladd or any other free agent signing is lighting it up right now.  I know you want to talk about Loui.  

7 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

what proof do you have? Everything I said has actually happened. You think HAR will play better without Hutton?! Where is the proof?! 

The proof will be when he returns from injury and next season, hard to prove that his point isn't realistic unlike your attitude. what actually happened is Florida needed to move him and his teammates were pissed knowing how good he was and his play off performances. Thats what happened. Im sure Guddy will prove his worth on the ice next season and we won't have to remind you of this conversation.

10 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I think Virtanen is going to be a real project that will sudenly flip a switch when he turns 22-24 and be the player he was supposed to be. History of power forwards development seems to point that way. After seeing his performance at the Canucks charity event last year I get the feeling he could go drink for drink with Shane O'Brien . He is going to take longer than Horvat to grow up. Kassien is pretty similar, than there's always guys like Bertuzzi and Neely. When Virtanen becomes an AHL star it won't be long til he moves to that level in the NHL if we're willing to wait. Otherwise he gets shipped away for nothing and we regret it.

Think Burtuzzi.......

11 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

You are also waaay over confident calling your opinions facts.  McCann had proven nothing in the NHL, and there is no garaunteed we could've gotten something better or Gudbranson for less.

benning literally said everyone was available last trade deadline.  That didn't work last year.  This year he says we will see.  I really don't think his assessment of the team has dramatically changed from one year to the next.

your obsessive love of late round picks is mind bogglingly against any kind of factual statistical evidence.  The odds of even a 2nd round pick of making an impact in the NHL is so slim.  Baertschi and Granlund are solid 2nd line players statistically and factually speaking.  

So where are the facts?

look your routine is fun and a change of pace.  Just don't get to serious otherwise it looks a little off if you know what I mean.

5 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

You must be a glass half empty guy.

Horrible assessment on multiple levels.

way to early to judge Juolevi over Tkachuck, my bet is Juolevi will be a first pairing Dman which is better the what Tkachuck will ever be.

were on the road to Lord Stanely

F-

And, I'll take that bet.

Interesting that Tkatchuck won't be as good as Juolevi.

The kid is already an impact player in every aspect of the game, pacing Our Lord and Saviour, Horvat, in points per game, but with exponentially more PIMs and a +9 compared to Bo's -1. And you say Olli will be better than Tkatchuck, and Horvat, if I can string chewing gum between the two. I've been accused of using crystal balls here myself, so I will cut you some slack.

Compared to half-full LB, your life must be a very Full-glass; a non stop beer commercial-like fun and smiley faces life, with such a positive, cheerleader view/opinion of the Canucks GM! 

11 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Gudbranson will struggle on a pairing with anybody but Tanev since he is a right hand shot he needs to play with a CALM lefty

Time to move Sbisa he has value that will never be better plus he doesn't have a NTC to stop a trade.

Edler Stecher

Hutton Tanev

Juolevi-Gudbranson/Tryamkin

Whoever as the last d maybe Jordan Subban.

Solid looking d core

Just need to get a top six center and winger bottom six fills itself with leftovers.

Markstrom

Vet backup until Demko is ready

6 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

F-

And, I'll take that bet.

The kid is already an impact player in every aspect of the game, pacing Our Lord and Saviour, Horvat, in points per game, but with exponentially more PIMs and a +9 compared to Bo's -1. And you say Olli will be better than Tkatchuck, and Horvat, if I can string chewing gum between the two. I've been accused of using crystal balls here myself, so I will cut you some slack.

Compared to half-full LB, your life must be a very Full-glass; a non stop beer commercial-like fun and smiley faces life, with such a positive, cheerleader view/opinion of the Canucks GM! 

First of all I said Its way to early to judge the choice and my opinion on Juolevi is the fact he's a defenceman and the value they hold over a power forward as well as the longevity of a power forward. And comparing numbers against Bo is just way wrong. Two totally different teams with a big difference in where they are in the rebuild. Calgary is a few years ahead of Vancouver in there rebuild and was a way worse team in the past to get to where they are now. I bet you compare the Oilers to us next. You don't need to cut me any slack because I don't take what you say as solid, more like republican alternative trash. By the way I don't drink beer, its only good for marinating

24 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

You are coming real hard.  I don't think my response to you warranted that.  This isn't a court case.  Granlund, Baertschi and Sutter have all had great seasons.  Especially consider what we have up for them.  Bonino is slow and can't win a faceoff to save his life so please don't even try there.

there is no proof handsome Aaron Rome is better without Hutton.  That's why I said I think.  He was a solid player with Florida and he is young with a lot of expierence.  Look no one thought Sbisa was worth much.  He has been really good this year.  Young players with 400+ games tend to get better.

look it isn't easy to transition to a new team, new city, new conference.  I don't know if Okoposo, Ladd or any other free agent signing is lighting it up right now.  I know you want to talk about Loui.  

UFA signings are for teams in the completely opposite building phase as us. 

21 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

You are also waaay over confident calling your opinions facts.  McCann had proven nothing in the NHL, and there is no garaunteed we could've gotten something better or Gudbranson for less.

benning literally said everyone was available last trade deadline.  That didn't work last year.  This year he says we will see.  I really don't think his assessment of the team has dramatically changed from one year to the next.

your obsessive love of late round picks is mind bogglingly against any kind of factual statistical evidence.  The odds of even a 2nd round pick of making an impact in the NHL is so slim.  Baertschi and Granlund are solid 2nd line players statistically and factually speaking.  

So where are the facts?

look your routine is fun and a change of pace.  Just don't get to serious otherwise it looks a little off if you know what I mean.

Good one but I think it will fall on deaf ears, this guy is as stubborn as Trump

30 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Not the same Kassian I watched, he was soft and didn't stand up for his teammates including the Sedins. Maybe he won a fight or 2 but thats not the kind of player we wanted when we traded for Kassin.

I can't remember for who he stood up or not but I remember his fights/emotion got the team fired up.

We maybe wanted a classic physical power forward but Kassian's strengths are offensive passing/playmaking,

shooting and fighting.. We could use that pretty well in our current lineup..

As of now...

1. Baertschi and Granlund trades were good...however, they are small and play more on the perimeter. They've started to drive to the dirty areas more and need to do this more.

2. Didn't like JB passing on Tkachuk...was very disappointed when I heard Joulevi's name after announcing from the London Knights...I got a lot of thank-yous from Flame fans. Tkachuk is a beast and one of the Flames best players at 19yrs old.

3. Prust trade was bad, but never really hurt us, unless, JB could have found something with the 5th rounder.

4. First season, I thought JB could have signed a couple of UFAs defencemen, Niskenen, Leddy, Boychuk were available as were others. Instead went with Miller.

5. Miller's signing I did not like the cap hit...first two seasons, Miller was a bust.

6. Liked the Sutter trade, however, bad luck struck with injuries.

7. Like the Gud trade

8. Stecher, Tram good picks and signings...Boeser has potential I'll hold judgement until later.

9. I like the JV pick, he needs time to develop and learn how to play a pro game, plus he had injuries.

10 WD is not a good coach when he has vets to choose over young guys...gives too much respect and does not hold the vets accountable.

11. LE signing is horrible

Just now, Nathancanuck said:

I can't remember for who he stood up or not but I remember his fights/emotion got the team fired up.

We maybe wanted a classic physical power forward but Kassian's strengths are offensive passing/playmaking,

shooting and fighting.. We could use that pretty well in our current lineup..

Ok your points are well said we'll have to agree to disagree on this one

23 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

F-

And, I'll take that bet.

Tkachuk is a solid young player right now, and he will probably have a good career.  I don't think he has top end potential, but I could obviously be wrong.  Julovei could be a top pairing defender.  To me that's worth a lot more than a 2nd line LW even if he is physical and a proto type playoff guy.  We have to wait because you have to wait for defenders and goalies.  No need to rush to judgement, and I though everyone on here wanted to go the long route rather than the retool?

Just now, Nathancanuck said:

Maybe you have seen the majority of his bad games while I have seen more of his good games,

makes a huge difference especially with Kassian ;)

I've seen all the games and I can only remember that is was more disappointment then happiness. Kassian had his moments and I'll agree he was a playmaker/passer more then anything but even now with Edm he lacks the use of his size kinda like Mathias did and was not a guy who would jump in and defend a teammate.

1 hour ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

He's a young guy Alf.  Not everyone is like Bo where they are basically a pro off the ice at such a young age.  Jake has the talent and is a very unique player.  Be patient with the kid and let him find his way (hopefully)

I agree on all you say.  However Jake's one flaw seems to be a character issue.  JB says he drafts for character.  I see a definite disconnect between JB's philosophy and his selection of Jake.  I know I'm just a furry old alien, but why can't any other posters see this disconnect between message and action?  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree on all you say.  However Jake's one flaw seems to be a character issue.  JB says he drafts for character.  I see a definite disconnect between JB's philosophy and his selection of Jake.  I know I'm just a furry old alien, but why can't any other posters see this disconnect between message and action?  

I feel like ownership pushed for the local boy pick to sell seats and create excitement 

Archived