The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN - ANA, VAN - MTL, VAN - NYR

Van: Jannik Hansen

Nyr: Ryan Gropp, Conditional 6th rounder (turns into 5th if they make certain playoff round). They have our 6th rounder, meaning the 5th won't be that much higher.

Canucks -  Young BC boy who is leading his WHL team in scoring. 2nd round pick in 2015. 41st overall. Has gotten consistently better every year. Additional pick.

Rangers - Rental with playoff experience. Can play in any role. Has grit. AV connection

Van: Ryan Miller

Ana: 2nd round draft pick

This one is pretty straight forward. Don't want to lose Miller for nothing at the end of this year. Anaheim could use goalie help.

Van: Alex Burrows

Mtl:  Conditional 3rd round pick (turns into 2nd if they make certain playoff round)

Again, pretty straightforward. Don't want to lose Burr for nothing, plus he's from Montreal area.

If you don't like these we can always trade Sbisa and a 3rd for Duchene right? Right????

I'm really hoping we don't lose Hansen.  While during our cup-contending days he was appropriately suited for the 3rd or even 4th line, he is one of our few players who actually brings speed to our game.  I'm acutely aware of the expansion draft issues, but I'm hoping Benning finds a way to keep all of Baertschi, Hansen, and Granlund. 

I actually think Hansen might be worth more than a 2nd on a whole, but I know nothing about this Ryan Gropp fellow.  He still has a year on his contract and I believe a team would be willing to pay more.  A healthy couple of prospects, or a 2nd round pick + a solid prospect perhaps?

Miller I don't mind losing, but would be happy to bring him back if he was willing to take a significant pay cut.  (On one hand he might, given that he is older and there is a glut of goalies available, but on the other hand he he's had a pretty good year and a team might be willing to pay him similar for a short term contract).  Burrows should absolutely go to Montreal.  Gives him a chance to win a cup, and as a 4th line player I'd be happy to see him back too - also for a significant pay cut, of course.  In his case, I would imagine he'd be happy to retire a Canuck so I can see a real chance of that happening.

6 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Nyr: Ryan Gropp, Conditional 6th rounder (turns into 5th if they make certain playoff round). They have our 6th rounder, meaning the 5th won't be that much higher.

Canucks -  Young BC boy who is leading his WHL team in scoring. 2nd round pick in 2015. 41st overall. Has gotten consistently better every year. Additional pick.

Rangers - Rental with playoff experience. Can play in any role. Has grit. AV connection

This one is pretty straight forward. Don't want to lose Miller for nothing at the end of this year. Anaheim could use goalie help.

Mtl:  Conditional 3rd round pick (turns into 2nd if they make certain playoff round)

Again, pretty straightforward. Don't want to lose Burr for nothing, plus he's from Montreal area.

If you don't like these we can always trade Sbisa and a 3rd for Duchene right? Right????

Well done, the only one I would hope for a bit more is Hansen. I would trade him for Gropp and a conditional 3rd (2nd if they make 3rd round of playoffs)

7 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Do some take-backs(eg: Desharnais), to make it a 2nd. They're both off the books in a month anyways. Mtl's got a load of 2nd's..dirty hoarders.

Millsy..take back Bernier? They add a 4th next yr(pending performance, yada yada)

The rags one looks pretty nice too. Overall, I'll push the button.

We'd have to take Bernier back in this, both for the cap space needed for ANA and for the player spot for us. But I like it going forward, Marky is the clear starting goalie but we'd also have a good backup. 

Hansen wouldn't be a rental for NYI since he'd have to be protected from LV,  and I believe he'd fetch a better return than Gropp.  I also think Burr and Miller could both get 2nd rounders in return since they're playoff veterans playing at a high level still and won't have to be protected. 

9 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

How come you aren't our GM?  Super fair deals all around.  (Even the Sbisa deal.:lol:)

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Hansen wouldn't be a rental for NYI since he'd have to be protected from LV,  and I believe he'd fetch a better return than Gropp.  I also think Burr and Miller could both get 2nd rounders in return since they're playoff veterans playing at a high level still and won't have to be protected. 

Yeah I know lol. I didn't propose that. I said NYR as in the Rangers. Big Apple. Times Square. Blue uniforms. Not the Islanders. Also, thanks to everyone for feedback and upvotes.

10 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Yeah I know lol. I didn't propose that. I said NYR as in the Rangers. Big Apple. Times Square. Blue uniforms. Not the Islanders. Also, thanks to everyone for feedback and upvotes.

He still wouldn't be a rental as you proposed. 

18 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

He still wouldn't be a rental as you proposed. 

If we kept him, we probably wouldn't protect him. If he's with NYR, they wouldn't protect him. LV would get him either way. Why not try and get a return for him at the deadline? And how exactly do you define rental? Because in my view, his only use would be for the Rangers in the playoffs. Then he's gone to LV. Isn't that a rental?

13 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

I think those are all reasonable trades that I'd be happy with

Archived